The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

excuse me please Sirs, and Good DiC friends - So how has your day or evening been? Mine has been good spent the day with Steve. We had a date last night we went to a Halloween play at a outdoor drama. We then Spent today at his house fixing up from the tree damage. So the day was special to us.

So how has your day been?

• Like 3

@Reader1810 you take care of yourself!
@rickproehl sounds like a great day indeed!

we had a good morning, got all the errands done early, then i had a nice nap
Phil and Number Two wanted cheeseburgers so they made a run to Whataburger
i have some reading to do, but i'll be around!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:
Niagara Falls' iron scow moves for first time in 101 years
https://mol.im/a/7643843

I had never heard or seen anything about this ship.

that's amazing! i had heard from tim, @Mikiesboy that it was incredibly stormy in Toronto, but moving that after 164 years? Thanks Reader!

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

32 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning May everyone have a restful Sunday. 
So how has your morning going?

morning rick!

it's good so far. Number One Son bought the coffee this morning 😁 laundry has been sorted & started, groceries picked up & put away, my breakfasts have been prepped for the week. looking forward to a productive day.

@Reader1810 i'm experimenting with pumpkin pie spice in my oatmeal this week, since apple pie spice was so good. i'll let you know how it goes.

how are you rick?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning rick!

it's good so far. Number One Son bought the coffee this morning 😁 laundry has been sorted & started, groceries picked up & put away, my breakfasts have been prepped for the week. looking forward to a productive day.

@Reader1810 i'm experimenting with pumpkin pie spice in my oatmeal this week, since apple pie spice was so good. i'll let you know how it goes.

how are you rick?

molly sounds like you have been busy this am. i have also been getting laundry done and running the vacuum. not sure on the pumpkin spice not a big fan of this. So i hope it is good. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly sounds like you have been busy this am. i have also been getting laundry done and running the vacuum. not sure on the pumpkin spice not a big fan of this. So i hope it is good. 

Sunday's are when i try to get the house back in shape. about the pumpkin pie spice, i like pumpkin pie & pumpkin pie cheesecake do i thought, what the heck?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Sunday's are when i try to get the house back in shape. about the pumpkin pie spice, i like pumpkin pie & pumpkin pie cheesecake do i thought, what the heck?

Pumpkin pie is good we have a good grandma friend that bakes a great pumpkin pie and she bakes ours for us all we do is help her out. She bakes we clean and we do some deliveries to her friends and we get pies in trade. It’s a win win for all of us. It’s not many pies 50 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

You would think they would have removed that from the river? 

No. You can't use that part of the river. Probably more trouble than it was worth. They may now..dont wanna crush the tourists if it goes over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

I'll have to post the home-mix for pumpkin spice on the Recipes Worth Trying thread.

Always prefer to mix my own spice blends - can control the taste better (and use fresher spices).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

No. You can't use that part of the river. Probably more trouble than it was worth. They may now..dont wanna crush the tourists if it goes over.

You would think after all this time in the river there would be nothing left. Wasn’t there a song lyric “nothing last forever”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

You would think after all this time in the river there would be nothing left. Wasn’t there a song lyric “nothing last forever”

I am not an expert on rust..it is fresh water..so maybe that makes a difference. But i remember seeing it asa kid...and in May when we were there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Current mood:

O2NT4Q2.jpg

Can't come up with just one reaction icon for this one.  Here's hoping for better opportunities ahead. :hug:

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..