The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Power has been out going on 4 hours (3700+ households) with no end in sight at the moment.

Thanks very much Natty with your 90 km/h winds 

using data at the moment, so See you later when the power’s back -

geez.. see you, Reader xo

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Evening how is everyone? Things have been different this was the first day working from home. Technology is a wonderful thing. A laptop, headset and a internet connection and i can now work anywhere. Work has been great to all of us the CEO yesterday hand delivered lunch to each employee individual pizza / salad and a drink. Even in these trying time they wanted to show there appreciation for the work we do. 

So how is everyone doing? 

So to all the Good Sirs and DiC friends stay safe. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Evening how is everyone? Things have been different this was the first day working from home. Technology is a wonderful thing. A laptop, headset and a internet connection and i can now work anywhere. Work has been great to all of us the CEO yesterday hand delivered lunch to each employee individual pizza / salad and a drink. Even in these trying time they wanted to show there appreciation for the work we do. 

So how is everyone doing? 

So to all the Good Sirs and DiC friends stay safe. 

hi rick
was a pretty good day here, i got quite a bit done, work wise, no VPN issues today, just a slight lag in the network, but not too much more than we usually have
we got a nice letter from our company president in Brussels, thanking everyone for their work.  locally, the management team has decided to provide lunch for anyone working in the lab.
other than a little cabin fever (small house, 5 people, 2 dogs) we're doing OK.

how are you holding up?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

how are you holding up?

molly 

doing ok so far staying at home with 3 dogs and my brother. we here in Ohio now have to struggle with weather issues - high winds / rain / flood watch so changes are coming. i hope you have a good weekend take care.

Stay Safe ~ Stay Healthy ~ Check on your Neighbors ~ Be Kind

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

geez.. see you, Reader xo

A tree and a gazebo had a party. It got a little rowdy....and it only took eight - count ‘em, eight - hours to clean up their mess. smh

Edited by Reader1810
  • Wow 3
14 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

A tree and a gazebo had a party. It got a little rowdy....and it only took eight - count ‘em, eight - hours to clean up their mess. smh

it's good to see you back Reader
sometimes those inanimate object parties can get a little out of control, lol!

• Haha 2

Interesting thing happened in our neighborhood this evening. We have a very popular friend fish place not fr from us, take out only, not a chair in the place.  It does tend to get very busy on Fridays this time of year, but was not too bad today, with patrons keeping their distance while waiting and four patrol cars com roaring up, lights and sirens, and proceeded to state that there were too many peeps congregating, ( about 15 at the time) and told the proprietor to clear the block, or he would be arrested. The man chose to shut down for the night rather than argue.  I think it was a bit of an over reaction. One officer coming in an talking with the owner could have accomplished the same thing. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Likely not a good thing if your dog does not know how to walk without dragging you down the street. LOL   That was very cute.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kitt said:

Interesting thing happened in our neighborhood this evening. We have a very popular friend fish place not fr from us, take out only, not a chair in the place.  It does tend to get very busy on Fridays this time of year, but was not too bad today, with patrons keeping their distance while waiting and four patrol cars com roaring up, lights and sirens, and proceeded to state that there were too many peeps congregating, ( about 15 at the time) and told the proprietor to clear the block, or he would be arrested. The man chose to shut down for the night rather than argue.  I think it was a bit of an over reaction. One officer coming in an talking with the owner could have accomplished the same thing. 

Yeah ... they could have just tried that before the power play.  Michael said, they're likely bored, LOL.   If people are practicing social distancing properly and are waiting outside, i'm not sure what the big issue is. 

• Like 4

good morning!
we thought about going to the farmer's market to see if they had bread and get some fresh vegetables, but we changed our minds and decided just to stay in.

11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

we humans can be pretty clever! i hope that the doctor never has to put his contraption to the test

watched a couple of really good movies last night, they were foreign language so you had to pay attention to read the subtitles, but i recommend then both

Shanghai Fortress aliens vs humans in the year 2035. it was really a well done piece of SciFi. set design and costuming was very video game, visually almost stunning

Orbiter 9  from Spain also  SciFi, a really well done psychological piece dark sets and muted colors helped set the mood

have a good day y'all!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

looks lovely... 

thank You Sir
waiting patiently for it cool enough to slice.......

10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

That looks so good, molly. Way to go daughter! 

thanks Reader

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh yeah, that looks nice!!

thanks tim

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..