Thanks for the great chapter!!!!!!! And CONGRATULATIONS!

I'll come back with comments (I've got plenty) about this chapter after more people have read it.

I especially loved the first paragraphs, AWESOME!

B) :2hands: :sword: :great: :axeman: :battleaxe: :cowboy: :mace:

:angry::angry::angry: I'm so mad at Ryan right now. I mean, he's being a real jerk to everyone, and I do mean everyone. He's pulling away from his freinds, he's ignoring his brother and he's even trying to control Conner by telling him that he's spending too much time with Toby :(:( I think it's obvious that he's jealous of the time Conner's spending with everyone but him, and he might even be a little worried that Conners going to make out with Toby again or even with Mikey or one of the twins for the first time, but that doesnt mean he has to be so possesive and uncaring about his own brother.

I think it was making me mad in chapter 17, but seeing him do that in this chapter ticked me off, because he acted like he didnt even care about what Mikey was going through........I predict that in the next few chapters, he's gonna get worse and eventually he's either going to hit Conner or he's going to make Conner so mad that they break up :( I hope if he does decide to beat Conner that Conner will give him the same beat down he gave Trent(which he totally deserved, BTW)

:angry::angry::angry: I'm so mad at Ryan right now. I mean, he's being a real jerk to everyone, and I do mean everyone. He's pulling away from his freinds, he's ignoring his brother and he's even trying to control Conner by telling him that he's spending too much time with Toby :(:( I think it's obvious that he's jealous of the time Conner's spending with everyone but him, and he might even be a little worried that Conners going to make out with Toby again or even with Mikey or one of the twins for the first time, but that doesnt mean he has to be so possesive and uncaring about his own brother.

I think it was making me mad in chapter 17, but seeing him do that in this chapter ticked me off, because he acted like he didnt even care about what Mikey was going through........I predict that in the next few chapters, he's gonna get worse and eventually he's either going to hit Conner or he's going to make Conner so mad that they break up :( I hope if he does decide to beat Conner that Conner will give him the same beat down he gave Trent(which he totally deserved, BTW)

Nick, I hope I'm wrong, but I agree about Ryan: that scene with Mikey really blew me away, and made me wonder what the heck was going on with Ryan, as it seems now to be a lot deeper than "just" involving his brother. This does not bode well IMHO.

As for the fight...

Personally, I LOVED it that Connor beat up Trent Lomax!

I have never been one to share in the angst about such things, as I consider bully-beating to be the best of all possible outcomes. Connor didn't start the fight, so IMHO there wasn't a thing wrong with pounding the bully into the ground.

I can speak with some experience on this.. When I was in Jr. High, the school bully made me one of his targets. I did the usual avoid-and-hide, but one day I got cornered and was being beat up. I figured that if I was being beat up, I had no reason not to try and get a few licks in myself. To my utter shock (and, not doubt, that of every spectator), I won, and no, I didn't let the SOB off any easier than Connor did (I continued the fight well past the point of self-defence).

Perhaps Connor's feelings of guilt are due to his other emotional issues. For me, though, I loved the scene, and couldn't see that he had a single thing to regret. I'm guessing that much of his angst comes from his underlying emotional and self-esteem problems. I'm also betting that this fight results in even bigger changes in his self-esteem than what we have already seen.

One thing that surprised me, a LOT: Beating up the school bully would IMHO not pass quietly in Jr. High or high school, yet non of Connor's friends seem to be making a big deal over the fight (or even mentioning it). I find that odd because the one thing I did regret about the fight I mentioned above was that everybody made a big deal out of it. It took me about three hours of that before I had heard it so often that I almost wished I'd lost instead! They quite literally never seemed to shut up about it. :blink:

I can speak with some experience on this.. When I was in Jr. High, the school bully made me one of his targets. I did the usual avoid-and-hide, but one day I got cornered and was being beat up. I figured that if I was being beat up, I had no reason not to try and get a few licks in myself. To my utter shock (and, not doubt, that of every spectator), I won, and no, I didn't let the SOB off any easier than Connor did (I continued the fight well past the point of self-defence).

Stud-goat!! My hero. :wub:

No question about it. The Lomax's of this world need to be removed from the gene pool.

My first thought as to Ryan's behaviour towards his brother's illness was that it was some form of denial - not wanting to deal with the possibility of Toby's death. His reaction to Mikey has me somewhat perplexed. :wacko: So I think Nick is on the right track - some kind of insecuity he's feeling around Connor. Connor doesn't want to challenge him on his behaviour, fearing another round of rejection from Ryan.

Has anyone noticed David's increasing propensity for nice butts in baseball uniforms? Geez, I wonder where he got that??? :P

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Stud-goat!! My hero. :wub:

No question about it. The Lomax's of this world need to be removed from the gene pool.

ROFL!

Nah, at that time I bore a much greater resemblance to another critter: One that clucks and lays eggs. :lmao:

I only fought because I was cornered and he had started hitting me, not just shoving. Had I been able to run, I'd have done so. The bully was two years older than me and a lot bigger, and I was a devout chicken. :D

I only fought back due to knowing that I had no reason not to: I was going to get beaten up anyway. I was already bleeding from a punch in the mouth, so I had no doubts as to what he intended. My goal, as I recall, was to just land one good punch. I did, just a jab to his nose, and I'm not really sure what happened. I don't know if I stunned him, or just surprised the heck out of him. That left him open to a sweet left cross, which I was delighted to deliver (I still have a little scar on my knuckle from his busted teeth :P ). At that point I still expected to lose, but he started to stagger, took a swing, missed, and turned away. That left him open to a kick to the back of the knees, and to my shock he went down, hard (right up until then, I was positive I'd lose). A kick to the nuts kept him there (which is why I really loved Connor kneeing Trent!) and then, well, I kept going until a teacher pulled me away about a minute (and a lot more kicks and punches) later. I think I kept going because I was so angry for the months of abuse the SOB had dished out. Maybe I also wanted to be sure there was no question as to who had won. I really don't know why, but I do remember that I never even considered stopping. I ended up with a fat lip, a black eye, and badly bruised and cut hands. He ended up with a broken nose, two black eyes, major dental work, a fat lip, a cracked rib, and plenty of sore body parts. Fortunately for me, this was in a far saner time, when the person starting the fight was the one who got in trouble.

I never had any further trouble with him, nor for that matter did anyone else while I was around. For the remainder of my time in that school, no one tried to bully me at all. The very weird thing was that I was definitely NOT popular before the fight. The "in crowd" basically ignored me (If I was lucky). However, after the fight, suddenly they wanted to be palls! What phonies! I remembered them from before, though, so kept my distance, and also kept the same friends I'd had before.

The biggest lesson I learned that day: Bullies are usually mostly bluff, and nowhere near as tough as they like you to think. I never ran from one again.

My first thought as to Ryan's behaviour towards his brother's illness was that it was some form of denial - not wanting to deal with the possibility of Toby's death. His reaction to Mikey has me somewhat perplexed. :wacko: So I think Nick is on the right track - some kind of insecurity he's feeling around Connor. Connor doesn't want to challenge him on his behaviour, fearing another round of rejection from Ryan.

I thought that, too. I've seen denial and "pulling away" from a sick person before, but it, I think usually applies only to the sick person, so I think I was wrong. I too am very perplexed regarding his reaction to Mikey (Ryan's best friend!) being thrown out of his home.

I sure hope the problem with Ryan can be found and fixed, or I doubt that Connor and Ryan will be a couple for long.

I'm wondering what will happen with that concert Connor has been asked to give. It's for the Seniors, and Trent Lomax is a senior.. That could get dicey if he (Lomax) decides to go for revenge.

I wonder what will happen in Ch. 19? A lot of big issues seem to be coming to a head! Ryan's behavior, Toby's cancer, and the mystery as to why we didn't see any of Connor's friends or schoolmates so much as mention the fight with Lomax. Plus, what will happen with Mikey? And Cody?

Has anyone noticed David's increasing propensity for nice butts in baseball uniforms? Geez, I wonder where he got that??? :P

I've definitely noticed that! Hmmmm... As to where he got it... I suspect that a certain author here at GA, whom I shall not name (but I'll give a clue: his initials are DK), is corrupting LB! That might also explain the cruelty (rape, and now cancer) that LB is showing to his poor, innocent characters! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Hey everyone! Chapter 18 is up ... the first one on the new web site! :D

Enjoy! And I hope you all enjoy the new web site! :boy:

OKAY, I'm seriously confused now, and for once I'm not enjoying it! <_<

What's all this about a new website? Where is this new website? I at first took it to mean that David was going to become a full hosted author, and I was extremely pleased about this! However, it doesn't seem like this has happened?? He's not on the main page, and I still accessed his page by going through the shared author section. The page itself looks the same to me too. Am I just missing something (and I did click on the link provided)?

i'm glad you've given Mickey's situation a more suitable climax :2thumbs:

Me too! I was scared Mikey wouldn't get much more attention, but I should have realized David was too fine an author to leave things unresolved.

:angry::angry::angry: I'm so mad at Ryan right now. I mean, he's being a real jerk to everyone, and I do mean everyone.

I agree Nick!

I think it's obvious that he's jealous of the time Conner's spending with everyone but him
My first thought as to Ryan's behaviour towards his brother's illness was that it was some form of denial - not wanting to deal with the possibility of Toby's death. His reaction to Mikey has me somewhat perplexed. :wacko: So I think Nick is on the right track - some kind of insecuity he's feeling around Connor.

Hmmmm, I didn't get this impression. I was strongly of the belief that Ryan's treatment of Toby was due to a feeling of helplessness which consequently led to denial. So I was very surprised to see that this attitude carried over to Mikey as well. However, I still don't see it having anything much to do with Connor (unless he eventually gets jealous of Connor's closeness with Toby and Mikey, but I see this more as being jealous that he (Connor) is close with them instead of himself (as a result of pulling away from Toby and Mikey for whatever reason). )

I just can't fathom why Ryan would behave that way towards Mikey, unless perhaps this whole thing with Toby has caused a major emotional crisis which is now carrying over to all of his relationships (except with Connor).

I kind of wish when Ryan said:

Mikey was a big boy and could take care of himself.

Connor had said something like, "ohh yeah, you're right. I mean he was just talking about suicide, but he's a big boy, I'll just show him where the sleeping pills are and leave him to it" That might have gotten Ryan's attention, but I guess it would have been severely out of character for Connor.

Now a little speculation about Toby. I find it distressing that he's pulling away from Cody. I had thought briefly when Mikey showed up that this would end up being, in part, a plot device to get Mikey and Toby back together (yes I'm still a "TMite" when it comes down to it :P:boy: ). Something along the lines of Mikey having to stay there for a few days, Cody and Toby breaking up because of Toby's pride, and Mikey spending a good bit of time taking care of Toby. However, much of this speculation went out the window when at the end Maggie talked to Mikey's parents and took him home. So I don't know, but I'm still worried Toby and Cody's relationship is in danger (and if it is going to end then I hope at least Mikey eventually usurps Cody's position).

Also what did everyone thing about the whole Mikey thing?

I was stunned that Mikey's parents turned on him so quickly. I know we hadn't heard much about them, and what we had heard wasn't particularly encouraging, but I still found it surprising that they so callously turned him out on a cold and rainy night. I also really don't see how Maggie could have fixed such an ugly situation with one phone call. I mean I'm sure she's a very persuasive woman, but even if she could convince them to give Mikey the physical/material support he needs could she really have persuaded them to give him the emotional support? Not to mention work towards repairing the damage their relationship suffered the night before?? Well I hope she pulled this off, I just don't see how she did, and it doesn't seem like her to ignore the emotional/pyschological aspect of it and just take Mikey home because they'll physically allow him back into their lives. I can't wait to see how this works out!

And finally: Kudos to our Connor! He did such an excellent job this chapter taking care of Mikey and Toby! Mikey's right, he's really evolved quite a bit! He's now fully capable of handling other people's emotions and offering his support; I'm so proud of him! I'm also proud of him for standing up for himself against Trent, and equally proud of him for realizing that he crossed the line a little and for feeling guilty about it (and agreeing to work on his anger problem). All are excellent developments, IMO! It was also good that he brought up the whole "burden" thing with Mikey and assured him that he (Mikey) wouldn't be a burden, and thus by implication accepted that he himself was also not a burden. Indeed I think Connor is now proving himself to be quite a boon around the McCormack household. Not only has he brought much happiness and joy to Ryan (and I'm thinking he's going to help Ryan with his issues), but he's also been invaluable to Toby in his time of illness and has thus helped ameliorate the burden on Maggie (not to mention doing all those chores while he was suspended). Way to go Connor!!

AWESOME chapter, David! I don't know how you consistently surpass the already extremely high expectations I have for your writing.

Take care everyone and have an amazing day!

Kevin

I always find myself a lot happier when I see the announcement of a new chapter, and this was no exception. This was another fine read about some characters I've grown very fond of.

The growth Connor's shown in recent times is remarkable, and has been a delight to watch. I'd picked up on the odd vibes about Toby at the party, so I thought something was afoot, but the leukemia reappearance last chapter was a major shock. It's good to see Connor doing what he can to help Toby out through what has to be an extremely difficult time (physically, mentally, and emotionally). I was also impressed by the way the Mikey "situation" was handled. Having a strong, no-nonsense parental figure like Maggie involved makes for some interesting changes in the dynamics of how these stories usually play out in print (which is a lot more along the lines Connor was thinking).

And then there's Ryan. I'd have to disagree with the posts here characterising him as a thoughtless jerk.

If I'm not mistaken, something is very, very wrong here. :( This is so incredibly out of character for him, that there's only one viable explanation I can think of. There has to be something really important that's happened that we haven't been shown yet (and Connor doesn't yet know about) - either behind the scenes of recent weeks, or (my guess) relating to what happened the first time time Toby had leukemia. As a result, Ryan's cutting himself off emotionally out of fear or guilt to avoid dealing with whatever it is. What it is, I have no idea, but I refuse to believe that this is just Ryan "being a jerk"; it feels like theres' a lot more to it than that. (Although I could be overanalysing it - I'm way too much like Connor in that regard...)

Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what comes next.

-- Pete

OKAY, I'm seriously confused now, and for once I'm not enjoying it! <_<

What's all this about a new website? Where is this new website? I at first took it to mean that David was going to become a full hosted author, and I was extremely pleased about this! However, it doesn't seem like this has happened?? He's not on the main page, and I still accessed his page by going through the shared author section. The page itself looks the same to me too. Am I just missing something (and I did click on the link provided)?

The new website is there ... and that's the link that was posted ...

http://littlebuddhatw.gayauthors.org

As everyone can probably notice, there have been some changes at GA this weekend. Myr may be a wizard, but even he can't do everything all at once. The old web site should be coming down soon, and the link to the new one added as well. :D

The new website is there ... and that's the link that was posted ...

http://littlebuddhatw.gayauthors.org

As everyone can probably notice, there have been some changes at GA this weekend. Myr may be a wizard, but even he can't do everything all at once. The old web site should be coming down soon, and the link to the new one added as well. :D

Okay NOW I see the changes to your page and you being on the main page!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

WTG AWESOME!

And also YAY for Viv and Rob!! :D:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Now I just need to increase my writing output ... :wacko:

Lots of projects on the drawing board, lots of free time for the next few months ... but I'm just a lazy sod! *sigh*

Maybe Kitty will give me a good, swift kick in the rear ;) Unfortunately, she's way too nice for that! :P

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the chapter so far. Keep the comments coming! That's one sure way to get me in gear to write faster! hehe

*Hugz*

Buddha

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW

Sorry to disagree nick, but I feel sorry for Ryan and am just a little woried about his mental health. the feeling I am getting is that Ryan and Toby are both withdrawing from life as a self-preservation technieque.

I only hope that Conner gets worried enough to talk to Maggie about it before someone self-destructs

Now I just need to increase my writing output ... :wacko:

I disagree. speed does not equal quality very often. IMO your quality matches that of Dom and DK. I would rather wait for the next chapter than have it rushed.....besides I won't get anything done if the stories I read post any faster than they are :lmao:

One thing that surprised me, a LOT: Beating up the school bully would IMHO not pass quietly in Jr. High or high school, yet non of Connor's friends seem to be making a big deal over the fight (or even mentioning it). I find that odd because the one thing I did regret about the fight I mentioned above was that everybody made a big deal out of it. It took me about three hours of that before I had heard it so often that I almost wished I'd lost instead! They quite literally never seemed to shut up about it. :blink:

Sorry I didn't get to this comment earlier. You might want to go back and re-read the part of the chapter when Connor goes back to school after his suspension. I believe there is a paragraph right after when he talks to the principal about the performance at Senior Night that addresses this issue briefly. ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

I was strongly of the belief that Ryan's treatment of Toby was due to a feeling of helplessness which consequently led to denial. So I was very surprised to see that this attitude carried over to Mikey as well. However, I still don't see it having anything much to do with Connor (unless he eventually gets jealous of Connor's closeness with Toby and Mikey, but I see this more as being jealous that he (Connor) is close with them instead of himself (as a result of pulling away from Toby and Mikey for whatever reason). )

I just can't fathom why Ryan would behave that way towards Mikey, unless perhaps this whole thing with Toby has caused a major emotional crisis which is now carrying over to all of his relationships (except with Connor).

I have to agree. I think something is clearly going on, but, especially when dealing with psychology (far more than any other branch of medicine) LB has vast leeway: there simply isn't a "right" answer, as it could quite literally be almost anything.

About the only thing I'm positive of right now is that something is amiss.

Also what did everyone thing about the whole Mikey thing?

I was stunned that Mikey's parents turned on him so quickly. I know we hadn't heard much about them, and what we had heard wasn't particularly encouraging, but I still found it surprising that they so callously turned him out on a cold and rainy night. I also really don't see how Maggie could have fixed such an ugly situation with one phone call. I mean I'm sure she's a very persuasive woman, but even if she could convince them to give Mikey the physical/material support he needs could she really have persuaded them to give him the emotional support? Not to mention work towards repairing the damage their relationship suffered the night before?? Well I hope she pulled this off, I just don't see how she did, and it doesn't seem like her to ignore the emotional/pyschological aspect of it and just take Mikey home because they'll physically allow him back into their lives. I can't wait to see how this works out!

I didn't find that so hard to believe.. Sadly, I've seen that sort of thing often enough. Basically, a surprise outing resulting in being tossed out in the emotional heat of the moment, and then calmer heads prevailing the next day. The problem is that (from what I've seen anyway) that the home environment is usually very uncomfortable after that, certainly in the near term. It's one of those things that can play out all sorts of ways, but I suspect that Mikey will have some rough times ahead. :,(

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the chapter so far. Keep the comments coming! That's one sure way to get me in gear to write faster! hehe

Comments? You mean like in a forum? Sorry, but I have no idea how to do that.. and I'm too lazy to post anyway. 0:)0:)

Thanks again for a great chapter in a great story! And congrats on the full hosted status! You have sure earned it!!! :graduated:

Sorry I didn't get to this comment earlier. You might want to go back and re-read the part of the chapter when Connor goes back to school after his suspension. I believe there is a paragraph right after when he talks to the principal about the performance at Senior Night that addresses this issue briefly. ;)

This is what happens why you are trying to read a chapter while at work! ROFL! Yep, I somehow missed that entire paragraph!!! I often find I've missed things when reading.

I guess it's a darn good thing I'm not an editor! :D

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll paste it here...

As far as the school's reaction to my beating up Trent Lomax went, I was a little surprised that people didn't make a huge deal out of it. I chalked that up to people being more interested in the end of the school year and the impending summer vacation. However, I did get a few pats on the back from people who didn't like Trent very much, as well as glares from some of his friends. All of our friends had obviously thought it was really cool that I beat the crap out of Trent, but each time someone congratulated me, I cringed. I knew I was right to defend myself when he had me backed up against the wall, but then I took it too far. And that wasn't right. All I could do was hope that everything was over and done with, and that Trent wouldn't bother me anymore.

Great!

BTW, is that pic on the new SOOTB page your impression of Connor? All I can say is HOT! Very hot!

1) LittleBuddha is treating Toby very nicely, except his treatments of course. I think I'll keep my chopsticks for some rice tonight. :D

2) Ryan seems to be a little off with his thoughts towards Mikey, or maybe that is his true self? I have to admit I can be quite thoughtless and a coldhearted person (ask my boyfriend, he'll will agree on the spot).

3) About time Connor totally kicked that bully's ass. I hope it'll bruise that bully's ego for good. :lol:

I love the new website. LittleBuddha picked a wonderful picture...so damn adorable. :wub:

Edited by Jack Frost
I didn't find that so hard to believe.. Sadly, I've seen that sort of thing often enough. Basically, a surprise outing resulting in being tossed out in the emotional heat of the moment, and then calmer heads prevailing the next day. The problem is that (from what I've seen anyway) that the home environment is usually very uncomfortable after that, certainly in the near term. It's one of those things that can play out all sorts of ways, but I suspect that Mikey will have some rough times ahead. :,(

Excellent point!

Yep, I somehow missed that entire paragraph!!!

I'm surprised to say I did too! :o I have no recollection of that paragraph, and I tend to read the stories here very carefully, often reading sections 2 or 3 times....so I can't imagine how I missed it....perhaps I really am losing it :wacko:

BTW, is that pic on the new SOOTB page your impression of Connor? All I can say is HOT! Very hot!
BTW, check out the new pic in my profile ... it's my favorite Chinese singer (well, he grew up in Canada, actually), Edison Chen ... he's sooooo HOT! *giggle*

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

Yep, I somehow missed that entire paragraph!!!

Excellent point!

I'm surprised to say I did too! :o I have no recollection of that paragraph, and I tend to read the stories here very carefully, often reading sections 2 or 3 times....so I can't imagine how I missed it....perhaps I really am losing it :wacko:

Kevin, it sounds like you should do very well when it comes time for the exam at the end of the story :devil: .

Kitty ;)

LB's original reply ended with a wink, and in spite of that it never occurred to me that he might have added that to the chapter and re-posted it! I'd forgotten that full hosted authors can upload directly to their pages.

Good eye, Kevin! :great:

Hey, does this mean that something I said impacted the story? Cool! :2thumbs:

1) LittleBuddha is treating Toby very nicely, except his treatments of course. I think I'll keep my chopsticks for some rice tonight. :D

2) Ryan seems to be a little off with his thoughts towards Mikey, or maybe that is his true self? I have to admit I can be quite thoughtless and a coldhearted person (ask my boyfriend, he'll will agree on the spot).

3) About time Connor totally kicked that bully's ass. I hope it'll bruise that bully's ego for good. :lol:

I love the new website. LittleBuddha picked a wonderful picture...so damn adorable. :wub:

I sure agree about Ryan.. Something is definitely up with him IMHO. And that picture of Connor is indeed adorable! Adorable and hot!

As for Toby... I hope he pulls through, but you might want to keep those chopsticks handy! :P

LB's original reply ended with a wink, and in spite of that it never occurred to me that he might have added that to the chapter and re-posted it! I'd forgotten that full hosted authors can upload directly to their pages.

Good eye, Kevin! :great:

Methinks you think too much!!! :P

As for the picture on the main story page, that's the best I could come up with for what Connor looks like (at least in my mind) ... and yes, I agree that he's very cute ... otherwise, I wouldn't have posted that picture! hehe ;)

A lot happened in this chapter, and I think it's one of the "busiest" chapters in the story so far, so I look forward to seeing more comments, thoughts, and predictions before Ch. 19 is posted! :boy:

*Hugz*

Buddha

:(:(:( No, I want Toby to live , then to hook up with Conner and Cody and Mikey can hook up. Ryan get's to be with Ellanor Van Epps

Nick, might I guess that you don't like Ryan too much? :P

I like Ryan, except for whatever his current problem is.

I've been wondering who will end up with whom.. My guess at the moment is likely to get me flamed, but remember, they are just wild guesses (and I'm not even saying if these are what I'd like to see).

Connor/Cody. I think Cody was written very deeply and complexly, much more like a major character than a minor one. This is especially true of his mother. There definitely seemed to be chemistry between Connor and Cody, as well. It's also looking clear that Ryan and Connor are getting closer to a major split, unless whatever is wrong with Ryan changes.

Mikey and Dominic... Just a hunch here.

And finally, I'm going to go WAY off the deep end here.. And theorize about the longshot of all longshots.

Suppose that the reason Trent Lomax is such a homophobic bully is that he is gay and in denial? What if his fight prompts a major self-evaluation, and some major personality changes? What if a newly single and still odd-acting (pluss bitter and dejected) Ryan ends up being friends, and then more, with him? (oh, boy, am I gonna get flamed for this one!)

Elanor Van Epps... Hmmm. I don't know who (or if) she ends up with anyone in the story. But, for some reason, I clearly see her going to law school. 0:)

Methinks you think too much!!! :P

Buddha, I have been accused of a great many things my a great many people, but I can assure you that "thinking too much" is not amongst them! :lmao::lmao::lmao::P

As for the picture on the main story page, that's the best I could come up with for what Connor looks like (at least in my mind) ... and yes, I agree that he's very cute ... otherwise, I wouldn't have posted that picture! hehe ;)

A lot happened in this chapter, and I think it's one of the "busiest" chapters in the story so far, so I look forward to seeing more comments, thoughts, and predictions before Ch. 19 is posted! :boy:

Well, my predictions above for who-ends-up-with-whom might stir some conversation... Or, get me lynched. :D

Perhaps we could invent a whole new genre. The story that never ends, because it's always changing. :P

Well, it appears that I cross-posted with you, C James, so I've got to add this:

There is definitely a special place in my heart for Cody. That's a good way to describe him ... deeply and complexly written.

I think that's a good way to describe SOOTB, too: deeply and complexly written. I hope LB doesn't take offence, but when the first chapter went up, but before I read it, I was fairly skeptical: he was a new writer, and I'm skeptical about ongoing series at the best of times, and usually avoid them even from established writers such as Dom, until they are well underway. But, the first chapter of SOOTB intrigued me, and I was fully hooked by Chapter 2.

I really loved the whole Toby-Ryan dilemma, and how well portrayed both bothers are.

Speaking of Ryan, and his current problem, I just thought I'd toss out this quote from chapter 5, regarding Ryan's ADD (attention Deficit Disorder)

Mikey chuckled again. "Well, I think to some extent that effects how he deals with his feelings and emotions. He can't focus on something long enough to figure it out. It's kinda like all these different feelings are just racing around in his head, and he can't calm his thoughts down enough to just pick one and deal with it. Does that make any sense?"

That, IMHO, could explain a heck of a lot about his current atypical behavior.

I hope LB doesn't take offence, but when the first chapter went up, but before I read it, I was fairly skeptical: he was a new writer ...

*GASP* :o

I'll have you know that I was a published writer long before SOOTB ... except that was writing non-fiction books (and they were boring, trust me ... so don't ask! lol) ... :P

hehe

Buddha

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW