iwant to take my last look of your face
i want to have my last touch of your skin
i want to kiss your hand while dying,having your hand in my fist
just
let me die slowly...
concentrated in your eyes....
yes, i want this.

• Like 4

First of all, welcome to GA. You've shared a very emotive poem. Love and death are strong subjects.

Feel free to visit the Poet's community here. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Anita Samandra
      Love
      when you see the smile from someone feeling the same.
      or the warmth in your chest from the mention of a name.
      Love
      your first thought in the beginning of a day,
      and the last thing you feel when you're hitting the hay.
      Love
      when every moment you're waiting you seem to ache,
      so afraid that from this dream you'll wake.
      Love
      the feeling so strong time seize to exist
      Yet even those moments blow away like mist.
      Love
      filling you up 'till you feel so strong,
      yet so small that you feel you'll do everything wrong
      Love
      when the smallest thing can send you into a rut,
      yet the same thing will pull you back up.
      Love
      when you warm up by the mention of a name
      knowing by their smile that they feel the same.
    • By HOPINME
      ashes of June ...
      your eye are delighted for me firing my soul draining my mind....
      when i see you....
      my thoughts get drained....
      my tears are gone ....
      my heart stops .
       i know i wont be able to be with u any more
      loving you is the only thing i can do for you .....
      ashes of the June 
      my heart is beating for you 
      from deep inside...
      i collapse ....
      i ruined....
      i my self got a sin of being a boy ...
      god??? if u exist then answer me why ain't i a person that i want to be?:((
      i wish
      THERE WOULD BE JUST ONE  GENDER . 
      I lOVE yOU like now i'm dead man ...
       ❤️
    • By AC Benus
      Hi and Welcome! This is an open thread, intended for poets to help one another on GA. It's not tied to any one piece, but a forum where we can exchange ideas, get feedback on a project we're intending to post, or one that's already up.

Questions and advice are always welcomed, so don't be shy about stopping by now and again to say 'hey.'
    • By northie
      Better late than never might be the motto hanging over the entrance ...  Oh well ... As the story continues to progress, maybe there'll be things you'd like to chat about, complain, moan. Whatever. 

First though, I've an announcement about Tony and Geoff, and the next few months. As a serial which is written as it's being posted, T&G needs discipline as well as enjoyment on my part. Over the past couple of episodes, that discipline has felt more like a constraint, something that holds me back from writing other things. So the next chapter, 17, about the meal, will be the last for a short while. It will finish Part 1 of Soul Music. I love the characters and I have plenty left to do with them, but I need a break. Both to do other things, and to recharge that part of my creative battery. I expect Geoff to be having that conversation with his mother sometime in July, probably as the opening chapter of Part 2. Sorry to keep you hanging on that one, but the meal seemed the only point at which I could call a temporary halt. @Parker Owens as my editor, and the person with the most invested in the story after me, has agreed with my decision. 

So, there it is. It will allow me to write more for GA - about Eric, amongst others, and another longish entry for the next anthology. In the meantime, there is one more chapter to write (and it may well turn out to be long one  ). I hope you've enjoyed it so far and that you'll rejoin me when I announce the start of Part 2 in this thread.   
    • By Juan Manuel Sandoval
      Hi everyone! I’ve only recently joined the site, but it’s felt so warm and welcoming that I thought it’d be interesting to share something for discussion. I write poetry in both English and Spanish and only recently have begun to blend both my languages within poems. I was having in interesting exchange with a professor at my university this year where I confessed that sometimes I felt pressured to offer translated versions of my writing, while sacrificing the value of what a Spanish word or phrase was adding to my poem in order to please non-Spanish speaking readers. I mentioned I had begun blending the two languages without offering translations and he said I shouldn’t feel obliged to offer translations. He said readers shouldn’t force a type of language or culture censorship where the value of a piece is diminished because they can’t simply put the effort to translate words and phrases themselves or research the context of a piece. I’m curious if anyone else has thought about this dilemma of culture and language in your poetry and whether you share the professors opinion or have something else regarding it. It’ll be lovely to discuss!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..