Social Recognition in Online Communities and Feedback for the Future

I used post on a site where you got points, and /or could buy points with real money and use them for various things, give them to others. They also had badges they gave out, or you could buy with points to give to others for various reasons. You either did that or didn't. It was okay. If i remember correctly they handed out points and badges if you reviewed a certain number of things per week/month etc.  It was fun and depended on how involved you wanted to be.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I used post on a site where you got points, and /or could buy points with real money and use them for various things, give them to others. They also had badges they gave out, or you could buy with points to give to others for various reasons. You either did that or didn't. It was okay. If i remember correctly they handed out points and badges if you reviewed a certain number of things per week/month etc.  It was fun and depended on how involved you wanted to be.

I have put some thought into a system like that as a way to support authors, but the tax situation to do that is daunting to say the least.  If we do something like that, it'll be an additional system on top of the existing stuff.

• Like 1

Interesting... tried to request access to the test club and nothing came up. I accepted the requirement and then... *shrugs* Clicked on the link again and got an error message saying I wasn't authorised to see the page it led to.  I'm certainly available and interested in testing (always am). 

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as northie. Accepted the requirement and was whisked away to a new tab with the "Myr created a club" bubble on a blank browser tab. I'm always for productive change, and am interested in providing feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

It's a closed club, so, it heads off waiting for approval.  Which I've done. :)

Thanks for those that have expressed interest.  It's still open to more people joining.

• Like 1
  • Similar Content

• By Ivric
      Enna, Kol, and Sparta were taking a peaceful stroll through the streets of Fasola.  In the distance, on the horizon, they saw a group of individuals approaching.  Sparta and Enna knew that they were never in danger because of the supreme secrecy and difficulty of Fasola magicks.  

Kol fell to his knees, unable to stand, for Kol knew the group walking towards them.  Sparta saw one face and instantly took a knee, Enna followed Sparta's lead and took a knee a second later.  Kol, overtaken with the party's elation, could not stand, lift his bowed head, or even raise his eyes to see their faces.  Taking mere minutes seemed like years, suddenly Kol felt the gentle touch on his chin, his head being raised up, he dreamed this dream all too often, and now it is finally coming true.

"My sweet tree!  I told you that we would meet again."  Jaric said as tears rolled down his face.

"My cool breeze!  I have been waiting for this day for so long.  Is this a dream or reality?"  Kol asked touching the warmth of Jaric's face and hoping that this was real.

"I can say," as Jaric cleared his tears to look in Kol's eyes, "without any doubt that this is reality."  Jaric lifted Kol off of his knees and gave him a kiss.  Not any kiss, but the kiss that only happens when two longing souls are reunited.  Some call it fate, others call it true love, but Jaric and Kol call it finding home.

Enric dismounted his horse, held out each of his hands for Enna and for Sparta, "Friends, please!  Do not kneel before but stand beside me.", as he pulled their hands forcing Enna and Sparta to stand.

"How does you body look like Queen Verelle's, yet your voice is that of King Enric's?"  Enna asked in confusion.

"Since it was here, in Fasola, were the spell was cast, it is here that the spell can be undone.  Only here can I be my true self.  Here, where my soul matches my voice, no matter what I look like."  King Enric stated quite coolly.  

I hope you enjoyed a preview of my story Draymal.  I would love feedback and editing notes to make my story worthy of being published.
    • By William King
      I have finished my first novel - I'll Kiss You in the Rain.
      https://www.gayauthors.org/story/william-king/I39llKissYouintheRain

I'll Kiss You in the Rain is a moment in the lives of three young people. Alex, the principal character who narrates the story is a gay teenager who hides his real self until he discovers his best friend is gay. An unexpected encounter with Jake, who is older and more experienced, leads Alex on a voyage of self discovery. No one is perfect, not even the angelic Matty, Alex's best friend, they all have their secrets and it's never going to be easy.

If you would like to discuss, comment, ask the author something, then I'm here and listening. If you liked it, hated it, thought something was badly done or well done, maybe you didn't want to say it in a review, well you can say it here.

Look forward to hearing from you.

William
    • By Dark
      Hey folks, saw this on Dear Abby column today, so am forwarding it on.

DEAR READERS: A group of distinguished psychiatrists, the Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry (GAP), needs help from some of you. They need feedback from gay, bisexual or transgender people, many of whom have experienced conflicts with their faith because of who they are attracted to or their gender identity. Many, while attempting "conversion" treatment, experienced great emotional distress, but never considered consulting a mental health professional because they had been discouraged from doing so by their faith community. Knowing the struggles you have experienced could benefit individuals who need help and haven't gotten it. Your input is important. It will give GAP psychiatrists a broader representation of people than they could get from any other source.
      Thank you in advance for taking part in this important study. The Internet address to send your comments is mary.barber@omh.ny.gov. For those who don't have email access, GAP's mailing address is: P.O. Box 570218, Dallas, TX 75357-0218. In the past, readers have been generous in "telling it like it is," and I hope you will continue because your experiences are important. Your participation may help to effect positive changes in the treatment of patients. -- LOVE, ABBY
    • By RolandQ
      I'm new to GA and eager to make a good impression.  I have a number of novels and short stories to add, but wanted to introduce myself to this community.  As with all 'artists', I'm looking for endless fawning praise and admiration.  I'd also appreciate constructive criticism.

My regards to all.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/rolandq/sharing

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..