Social Recognition in Online Communities and Feedback for the Future

Message added by Myr,

Thanks to everyone that volunteered to assist!  We have now deployed the achievements and have grown this club for new purposes.  We are not taking on new folks just now and I'll post new opportunities in the future!

I used post on a site where you got points, and /or could buy points with real money and use them for various things, give them to others. They also had badges they gave out, or you could buy with points to give to others for various reasons. You either did that or didn't. It was okay. If i remember correctly they handed out points and badges if you reviewed a certain number of things per week/month etc.  It was fun and depended on how involved you wanted to be.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I used post on a site where you got points, and /or could buy points with real money and use them for various things, give them to others. They also had badges they gave out, or you could buy with points to give to others for various reasons. You either did that or didn't. It was okay. If i remember correctly they handed out points and badges if you reviewed a certain number of things per week/month etc.  It was fun and depended on how involved you wanted to be.

I have put some thought into a system like that as a way to support authors, but the tax situation to do that is daunting to say the least.  If we do something like that, it'll be an additional system on top of the existing stuff.

• Like 1

Interesting... tried to request access to the test club and nothing came up. I accepted the requirement and then... *shrugs* Clicked on the link again and got an error message saying I wasn't authorised to see the page it led to.  I'm certainly available and interested in testing (always am). 

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as northie. Accepted the requirement and was whisked away to a new tab with the "Myr created a club" bubble on a blank browser tab. I'm always for productive change, and am interested in providing feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

It's a closed club, so, it heads off waiting for approval.  Which I've done. :)

Thanks for those that have expressed interest.  It's still open to more people joining.

• Like 1