Blogger Badges

Overnight, the newest Ask An Author article posted (set for publishing 5/4/2022 @ 2:00 AM Kentucky time), and while I believe I did everything as usual, I received several badges upon the time of posting. I am quite certain I have not made a thousand blog posts, particularly within an hour's time. My guess is the site thought I magically claimed ownership over all articles in the "Author Interviews" category during the posting.

1037164016_Screenshot2022-05-0412_31_57PM.png.8b2bce8a875fde0cf1c651e5a30db7e6.png

It should be noted (not for points, rep points, or badge earned time frame... but for potential issue with how these set of badges are earned in the coding and whether this AAA article reset the original badges) that I've already completed Blogger x5 and Blogger x10 back in February 2021 from my incredibly dusty "A Stone's Throw" blog. 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

Overnight, the newest Ask An Author article posted (set for publishing 5/4/2022 @ 2:00 AM Kentucky time), and while I believe I did everything as usual, I received several badges upon the time of posting. I am quite certain I have not made a thousand blog posts, particularly within an hour's time. My guess is the site thought I magically claimed ownership over all articles in the "Author Interviews" category during the posting.

1037164016_Screenshot2022-05-0412_31_57PM.png.8b2bce8a875fde0cf1c651e5a30db7e6.png

It should be noted (not for points, rep points, or badge earned time frame... but for potential issue with how these set of badges are earned in the coding and whether this AAA article reset the original badges) that I've already completed Blogger x5 and Blogger x10 back in February 2021 from my incredibly dusty "A Stone's Throw" blog. 

Probably.  Figure it a nice feature for posting blogs for the site :)

• Haha 5
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Myr said:

Probably.  Figure it a nice feature for posting blogs for the site :)

I had the same thing happen when I posted my last prompt blog.  I figured it was because all the staff blogs are in one pool and the site doesn't differentiate posters with those blogs.  

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

I had the same thing happen when I posted my last prompt blog.  I figured it was because all the staff blogs are in one pool and the site doesn't differentiate posters with those blogs.  

It seems that way. The Achievement system is new and Blog isn't used much by Invision, I think. So it is probably a bug for mixed author blogs.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
7 hours ago, wildone said:

I lost all my blogger badges :( 

😛 

The appropriate number should return on your next blog post. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
14 hours ago, Myr said:

The appropriate number should return on your next blog post. 

I lost a couple of zeros :P  

• Haha 3
On 5/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, Myr said:

I think I have it patched now. 

The patch has worked as a number of blogger badges that I definitely did not earn have now disappeared. I guess that @Myr has successfully battled the gremlins, 😂

• Like 4