Interview with the Vampire - the new TV/Streaming show

Instead of coded context or hidden homoerotic themes, it's looking like we're about to get full LGBT vampires as main characters based on Anne Rice's famous novel.

Is anyone joining me in watching this series?

Personally as a book reader and lover of the 1990's film, I have no problem with changing the timeline to the early 20th century or the racial background of Louis, New Orleans is rife with Creole traditions that mix African and European customs along with bloodlines (unlike Tolkien, the narrative tradition lends itself to this change, if the writers are up to the challenge). 

On related news: I've debated reviewing Anne Rice's 1976 novel for a while. I know the queer theme is coded and it's not explicit that these guys are actually lovers in the original books (though Rice herself did admit it in 2012). To me, she was the forerunner of making Vampire fiction fun after being dead for so long. Without her, there would be no Twilight, nor any Vampire Diaries, or the countless stories here on GA that drew upon Rice's fantasy concepts.