[Vlista] Cameron Chapter 13

Ya wanna know something interesting...I really like Mr. Harris. As the story progresses I find myself respecting him more and more. It's so easy for men like him to be just bigoted and headstrong...but he's actually willing to think about things and even more importantly...rethink things through to come up with an appropriate resolution.

I wouldn't necessarily want to live with the man, but then I'm not a teenager either.

I really enjoyed this chapter. First of all, the sex scene was *really* hot ... something about Cole just really, really turns me on! :P

I also like the direction things seem to be going with Cameron and his mom ... but the real test will come when (and if) he comes out to her. And, of course, whatever the deal is between her and Mr. Harris. But she seems to be making a very serious attempt to be a part of Cameron's life again, and is willing to take things at whatever pace is comfortable for him. I really respect her for that.

I agree with Dan that Mr. Harris does have some redeeming characteristics, but I'm still not so sure I trust him.

It's too bad that Kyle seems to be "straight," though. I wouldn't mind reading about a Cameron-Kyle-Cole sandwich ... :wub:

That was a teriffic chapter, Vance! :D

WOW! what a hot sex scene! :whistle: I mean....WOW :boy:

I'm really loving the way Cameron and Cole's relationship is going! I can't wait to see it continue.

Ya wanna know something interesting...I really like Mr. Harris. As the story progresses I find myself respecting him more and more. It's so easy for men like him to be just bigoted and headstrong...but he's actually willing to think about things and even more importantly...rethink things through to come up with an appropriate resolution.

I wouldn't necessarily want to live with the man, but then I'm not a teenager either.

I definitely agree with Dan, I think I stated last chapter how much Mr. Harris is growing on me; he did even more so in this chapter. It was really understanding of him to let Cameron spend Sunday with his mom. Especially if he doesn't like her lol.

That said I had two very strong thoughts about the chat with Carol at the end. 1) I really need to go to all those places she mentioned, and one way or another I'm going to make doing that a priority before I die (wasn't there an old expression, "See Naples and die"? - meaning it was so beautiful you could die happy....hmm just in case I'd better make that one of the last places on my itinerary). The second thought was that this is, "too good to be true". I think something's up. I wasn't suspicious of Carol in the last chapter, but now I am.

Anyway that was a completely awesome and wonderful chapter! The meal sounded delicious too! You trying to jump start my appetite, Vance? :boy:

take care and have a wonderful day everyone!

Kevin

Great chapter!!!

I'm really curious to see how things go with Cameron's Mom. Things seem to be going well. TOO well.

In earlier chapters, I grew to strongly dislike him, but I've changed my mind on that, tentatively. He seems actually willing to listen and consider, and is tough but fair.

I still wonder how he will react to finding out about Cameron and Cole, though.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but Cam's mom stated only that she was in a 2-year relationship, but she didn't say it was with a man. I'm betting that she is a lesbian and that's the real reason she left Cam and his dad.

So maybe they both need to come out to each other. :boy:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but Cam's mom stated only that she was in a 2-year relationship, but she didn't say it was with a man. I'm betting that she is a lesbian and that's the real reason she left Cam and his dad.

So maybe they both need to come out to each other. :boy:

And I will be ever so greatful is the woman's name was Christine. Or Mary.

My thoughts on this chapter:

So Cameron's mom cooks....that dissapoints me a little, but anyone can make muffins, right? and I mean, the guys cooked, so it's ok. Right? **Is grasping at straws**

The second thought was that this is, "too good to be true". I think something's up. I wasn't suspicious of Carol in the last chapter, but now I am.

I think that Carol is just trying hard. Maybe too hard, and part of it is probably an act (I mean, how can you suddenly connect ever so deeply and completely love a teenage boy that you last seen when he was 6?), but it seems like she's really trying to reconcile. The only motive I believe she has is guilt which drives her need to reconcile wth Cameron.

Mr. Harris really seems to be opening up, but I think he's also trying to back off a little. Despite his disslike for Carol, he understand the value of family, and I think he wants Cameron to get closer to his mother.

I do have some beefs with the chapter. I felt like some scenes were rushed and because of that some little things that I felt should have been there were neglected, and the whole scene with the nurse seemed unnecessary.

Overall it was a good chapter, though Vance has written better ones, and I can't wait for the next.

Great chapter Vance...well great story. I just decided that you are one of my favorite authors. I love the story Shane. It's like third on my best stories list. And Tyler is on that list too. I love how this story is shaping up also.

Ok, now that the praise is out of the way. I'm really glad that there seems to be headway with Cam and his mom. Although I'm the first to not take a character at face value, I think that she is on the up and up with Cam. I do think she has a story though. My first reaction to her two year relationship was that it was with a woman. Just the feeling I got. Not sure if it was the right feeling...

I also agree about Mr. Harris and him turning out to be an ok guy. It seems to take a lot for some adults to admit they are wrong, especially to a teenager. The fact that he is willing to do so says a lot. Of course, the subject of Cam being gay hasn't come up. So that should be interesting, for lack of a better word.

I look forward to the next chapter.

I suppose it's odd to say that I was bothered by the sex scene in Chapter 13--after all, this IS a site devoted to gay erotic literature--but as I read it, I kept thinking it seemed mundane and didn't work for me. Perhaps because the setting was so odd--a kitchen table; perhaps half-set for dinner or more likely with the entire dinner laid out on the table and getting cold. I kept expecting some sort of comic scene, in which items of dinner either became part of the sex acts (think of the possibilities of chicken schmaltz) or distract the participants (for instance, when a shaking table spills glasses of juice or milk into other foods). There are all sorts of possibliities for a strange and wonderful scene of two boys attempting sex against a set dinner table, and yet the set-up is squandered in what turns out to be a fairly ordinary sex scene, which really could have been set almost anywhere. And that disconnect between my expectations and what was delivered spoiled my enjoyment of the eroticism, and kept me wishing the sex would end and the story resume. I don't know if Vlista will want to attempt a rewrite, but I offer these comments as a suggestion for better story-writing: Allow your characters to interact with the particularities of their settings.

--Rigel