Looking for Anthology Editor

Looking for a last-minute editor for an anthology submission.

Title: "Reaching Xiava" (in my "Corporate Galactic" universe, but is a complete stand-alone story. Just some reoccurring species.)
Genre: Soft Science Fiction
Word Count: 4,891
Preferred Workspace: Google Docs/Word
What I'm looking for: A quick glance regarding punctuation, grammar before sending to anthology proofing team.
Deadline: Saturday, September 30th (October 1st is deadline for submission)
Excerpt:

Xiava. It seemed like a life-changing opportunity. The culture had to be more subtle than Earth’s. A man can only handle so many socials and toxicity. Being a historian was Rohn’s dream. He accomplished it after numerous years of post-education, but the reward had yet to come. Promises of government and university jobs were never presented.

When Rohn saw the vague posting for an employment opportunity on Xiava, Rohn’s interest was piqued. The planet was the newest acquisition in the Galactic Union, and the native people were unique. The Xiaven were dense, purple gasses surrounded by a nearly impenetrable membrane. Rohn never thought much of them until the offer. Upon further research, the Xiaven fascinated him. They possessed no physical sensory organs. By causing their internal gas to knead within, they created minute energy waves to feel and see all that surrounded them. When in groups, their senses are magnified by bouncing off each other. 

Their culture, from what Rohn understood, was completely tactical. They focused on survival, productivity, and making life seamless. Logic was their currency: either you provided something or you were going to be unsuccessful. Xiaven weren't ignorant; they accepted other species' skills and abilities, and how they were often needed.

That is what confused Rohn. Why do they need humanity? Earth was recently accepted into the GU, and humanity's key resource was planetside. Some valued their capability of debate, opinionated response, and evaluating possibilities. Add in the fact he was a historian, Rohn initially thought the career opportunity would lead to an educational job, which was fine. He spent time as an adjunct for a few universities, then a semester substituting for elementary schools. It wasn't glamorous, but if the Xiaven were completely relocating and offering a free domicile for him, he'd take it. 

Reply here or send a PM if interested.

• Like 3
On 9/23/2023 at 3:07 AM, astone2292 said:

Looking for a last-minute editor for an anthology submission.

Title: "Reaching Xiava" (in my "Corporate Galactic" universe, but is a complete stand-alone story. Just some reoccurring species.)
Genre: Soft Science Fiction
Word Count: 4,891
Preferred Workspace: Google Docs/Word
What I'm looking for: A quick glance regarding punctuation, grammar before sending to anthology proofing team.
Deadline: Saturday, September 30th (October 1st is deadline for submission)
Excerpt:

Reply here or send a PM if interested.

Well, I have zero time to do this for you, for which I'm sorry, because I found the snippet intriguing. I'm looking forward to reading it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Libby Drew said:

Well, I have zero time to do this for you, for which I'm sorry, because I found the snippet intriguing. I'm looking forward to reading it. 

It's all good! I've been going over it with a fine-tooth comb. Can't wait to have it all posted!

• Like 1