Jump to content

ReaderPaul

Members
  • Posts

    3,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ReaderPaul

  1. I forgot to review this when I first read it. A great story. I don't want to say too much. The story speaks for itself.
  2. I am getting that message on both Chrome and Edge.
  3. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    I have run into several cases where the AI was wrong. It is not as often now, but it still happens.
  4. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    Very good and very correct. And then there are the unfortunate persons who seem to not be able to comprehend humor. I feel sorry for those who cannot see the humor in the world about us.
  5. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    Fascinating. We all search in our own ways. Just because not everyone comes up with the same answers doesn't mean we shouldn't search. I enjoyed this poem.
  6. I had not seen the word "intertextuality" until now. Makes sense, though.
  7. An excellent poem in a wonderful economy of words. I rarely like poetry, but this spoke gently and softly to me.
      • 1
      • Love
  8. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    To possibly coin an oxymoron, this poem has a stirring stillness to it. To me it seems calming, reflective, meditative, and peaceful all at the same time. In the last paragraph, "O’ quiet cove, eternal and wise" -=- I blinked at the wrong time and read "O’ quiet cove, ethereal and wise" but that could also fit. Well done, @Enoch.
  9. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    I love the poetry of the last two lines: "To catch a killer who is running from tomorrow, you simply wait for them in the place they failed to undo." He flicked on the electric kettle, the coil hissing to life as water began to warm. "Now, who fancies a brew?" Was that intentional or coincidental? I liked the whole episode. So when might you complicate the series with a story of two women who want Sam and Leo for boyfriends? Or want their sperm to have kids by them?
  10. I like the small chapters, and I like the longer chapters. Either is good. Quite a bit happening in this chapter which allows a lot more to happen in the future chapters.
  11. Fascinating. We will have to see if the babies have vampire traits.
  12. Wow, that could be interesting -- a vampire/end of the world combo, or medieval courtship of a werewolf and an apprentice wizard, or a knight who travels into the future and has to learn computers-- possibilities are endless!
  13. I like seeing Anthology Rewinds, to help highlight older anthology collections. I also like Author Interviews. Those would be my top two.
  14. I am guessing that something like a drunk driver killing a major character by accident would not be considered caprice, @Bill W?
  15. That comment reminds me of a joke I heard when I was very young but still remember. The minister's wife noticed that when her husband would hit his fingers with the hammer instead of the nail he would exclaim -- "Wilson!" She asked him one day: "Why do you exclaim 'Wilson' when you hit your fingers instead of the nail?" He replied: "Wilson, my dear, is the name of one of the world's largest dams." She nodded her understanding.
  16. I have a Motorola Android phone that I love. Have had Samsung and those are really good, as well, but slightly prefer the Motorola. Lots of good stories this week.
  17. I lived on a farm, but never got more than slightly used to the smell.
  18. GA is a great place to not only read a variety of story in a variety of situations, but interact with a variety of persons with vividly varied vivacious viewpoints. Some of those views envision possibilities I had not previously considered, causing curiosity and expanding horizons. Sure, there is a time or two I've encountered soreheads, but that seems to happen in most aspects of life. A good place of not only stories, but community.
  19. I haven't seen this word for some time. Good to see it in use.
  20. So when does Tommy turn eighteen, or will we find out? Sounds like a lot of other things, however, have been hidden for some time, even years.
  21. At least three of us have learned something new in words today.
  22. Using the definition of caesura as a deliberate pause, Mark Twain (pen name of Samuel Langhorne Clemens) had this to say in -- Mark Twain's Speeches (1923 edition): "No word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.". Twain also said this, in -- Autobiographical dictation, 11 October 1907. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 3 (University of California Press, 2015). "That impressive silence, that eloquent silence, that geometrically progressive silence which often achieves a desired effect where no combination of words howsoever felicitous could accomplish it.... For one audience, the pause will be short; for another a little longer; for another a shade longer still; the performer must vary the length of the pause to suit the shades of difference between audiences. ... I used to play with the pause as other children play with a toy."
  23. @Enoch -- I see you noticed the same thing I did regarding Amazon.
  24. ReaderPaul

    Merry Christmas

    Well, there could be Bubba. Bub, Bubber, Bubbie, Bubbier, and Bubbiest. And their friends and associates.
  25. Broome primarily refers to a shrub or plant, often associated with the genus Cytisus, such as the common broom (Cytisus scoparius), which has slender branches and bright yellow flowers. The term originates from the Old English word brom, meaning "broom," and has been used historically in English literature to describe this plant or similar leguminous shrubs, according to Merriam-Webster. Broome can also denote a type of broom, a tool used for sweeping floors. This typically consists of a bundle of twigs, straw, or synthetic fibers attached to a long handle. Historically, "broome" is an older or dialectal spelling of "broom" and is sometimes used figuratively in literature to symbolize cleaning or renewal, according to Merriam-Webster. Broome is also a place name applied to several locations worldwide. The most prominent is Broome, Western Australia, a coastal town known for pearling and tourism. Other locations include towns in New York, and villages in Norfolk, Shropshire, and Worcestershire, England. The name often carries connotations of local history, natural scenery, and cultural identity, according to definitions dot net. Side note: The town of Broome, New York, is NOT in Broome County, New York. It is in Schoharie County.
×
×
  • Create New...