[Vlista] Cameron Chapter 14

Vance has truely out done himself with this chapter boy's and girls. What can I say? Oh to be young and in love. Make no mistakes people, this will be the talk around the water cooler all next week!

:great: Kudo's Vance!

GaryO

Vance has truely out done himself with this chapter boy's and girls. What can I say? Oh to be young and in love. Make no mistakes people, this will be the talk around the water cooler all next week!

:great: Kudo's Vance!

GaryO

Great chapter!

What a cliffhanger at the end, too!

Mr. Harris would be the obvious owner of those eyes, but, I have a hunch that it's someone else. My bet is that it's Kyle.

Oh another great chapter.....and that cliffhanger wow what a good one. I think Mr. Harris left that bible there on purpose he knows what those two have been up to. As for who was playing peeping Tom I don't know it could be anyone really.

It was nice to take a break from Cam's mom and see the focus shift ack to Cole and Cameron's relatiosnhip. I think its sweet that Cameron wants to make Cole happy and is focused on doing that. But at the same time I think he needs to focus on other things in his life right now he and Cole are doing well so maybe he should spend less time worrying over Cole happyness and try to give a tad more attention to the fact that his family life is still in shambles I mean nows the best time to put it back together since he has Cole support and he has somone he can lean on and turn to if it becomes to much or doesn't turn out the way he wants it too. And wow his dad was home when they moaed the lawn that was quite surprising as well.

I think this is one of the best chapters of "Cameron" in a while. The interaction between Cameron and Cole was really, really sweet. Even though the early narrative didn't give too much detail about Cameron's "debauched" lifestyle, it is very clear that Cole has had a very good influence on Cameron. Perhaps, in the future, in a revised and RE-edited version, more description could be given to really *how* bad Cameron was, moreso than what is already given. It would create a much stronger contrast between Cameron "before" and "after."

I was also really touched by Cameron's going to do the yardwork for his father. Is he doing the right thing, in his own small way, by trying to salvage some kind of relationship with his father, or is it time to let go of certain attachments?

As for the cliffhanger, it just make me that much more anxious to read the next chapter. The line about Mr. Harris forgetting the Bible makes it seem like it's most likely to be Mr. Harris, but that could also be a trap for us gullible readers, so my guess is that it could be anyone!

Way to go, Vancer! :hug:

Got in late last night, now I have a wedding today. Going to read chapter 14 soon. :wub:

Best Chapter Vance. Still wondering how Kyle is going to take it, that cameron being gay. Dunno if I could of taken care of the mans lawn that didn't give a damn about me. And aww Cameron been really sweet with Cole. :wub:

Can't wait to read more

Take care Vance :hug:

Edited by Drew

Read it, love it...

My guess is that 'the eyes are Kyle', sent over to get his dad's bible... but then I'm often wrong. ;)

My only winge is visual - the formatting had no paragraph breaks. :wacko: Try <p> rather than <br>

Camy B)

Sweet, sweet chapter, Vance. :wub: So tell me, does your man make muffins for you??? :P

As to the eyes at the door, I have to go with Kyle as well. Seeing that I have a good idea as to how Mr. Harris will react, I'm more curious about Kyle's response.

Could the eyes be Cameron's mom's? :ph34r:

What about Jesse? I can't remember if Cameron and Cole are out to him.

So where's chapter 16 already??? :2thumbs:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Sweet, sweet chapter, Vance. :wub: So tell me, does your man make muffins for you??? :P

Could the eyes be Cameron's mom's? :ph34r:

I read it last night, and today I just couldn't resist--I made blueberry muffins :D

And Cameron's mom was my guess too.

I knew I forgot something... I changed it :2thumbs:

Thanx Gary! :worship: That is my biggest pet peeve when reading a story. It just makes it so much easier to keep your place when scrollong down when there are paragraph breaks.

Awesome Chapter!! :2thumbs:

I agree with the majority. When I read that my first thought was that it might be Kyle too.

What about Jesse? I can't remember if Cameron and Cole are out to him.

This was my other thought! Just incase it ended up being like anti-climatic. Yep they are out to Jesse. So I guess that would be like "best case scenario". On the other hand the "Mr. Harris forgot his Bible" line does seem pretty significant, and also if it were Jesse he probably wouldn't be secretive about it, he'd have just knocked or something (I would think).

It was extremely nice of Cameron to mow his dad's lawn! Now I can't wait to find out if his dad saw him or not. I'm still completely at a loss to guess whether or not they end up working out their differences or not.

I'm sure we're all VERY eager to read more after that cliffhanger! The next chapter is sure to be a great one!! Awesome job, Vance! :great:

Kevin

This was a great chapter, and definetly made up for my slight dismay over the chapter before. Sadly, I don't have (or don't know) what to say about it. We already pretty much killed any interest over the "How will he/she react to gayness?" question, but analysing for each character.

Like many here said, because of the bible, it is probably either Kyle or Mr. Harris, but I just wondered...maybe it was Mrs. Harris? And how would she react? **is desperately trying to open a new discussion**

Cameron was very sweet in this chapter. Mowing his father's lawn, making muffins. It just screamed cuteness. **Sigh** Oh, if only I had a boyfriend like that.

Like many here said, because of the bible, it is probably either Kyle or Mr. Harris, but I just wondered...maybe it was Mrs. Harris? And how would she react? **is desperately trying to open a new discussion**

Hmm, well I think for the most part she wouldn't really feel that much differently than the rest of the family. I mean I guess there's a range. Obviously Kyle isn't as down on it as Mr. Harris. I guess chances are Mrs. Harris isn't quite as fundamentalist about the issue either, but I'd guess she's probably not anymore accepting than Kyle would be. Just a guess though. She probably would handle it differently though. Well I mean I think they'd all react differently. Mr. Harris we can pretty much guess about. Kyle I think would be upset, but he'd probably keep it between himself and Cameron, and try to talk about it with him. I think Mrs. Harris would fall somewhere between there. She may or may not go to her husband with the information. Just my guess though.

Cameron was very sweet in this chapter. Mowing his father's lawn, making muffins. It just screamed cuteness.

I agree Cameron was completely adorable in this chapter! He certainly seems to be head over heels for Cole! :wub:

**Sigh** Oh, if only I had a boyfriend like that.

hmmm well I don't think you'd want a boyfriend just like Cameron :lol::P

Anyway have an awesome day everyone :D

Kevin

Another great chapter Vance... I'm trying to be patient for the next chapter to come out!

My first thought (and I believe the most likely answer) is that the "peeper" is Kyle.

Another strong possibility is that it's Cameron's mother who got bored and wanted to see Cameron and was sent over there by the Harris's. Just a hunch (which I'm notoriously bad at) is that Cameron's mother is no stranger to same-sex relationships and this will eventually be revealed to Cameron (and us). The only thing I'm basing this on is her discussion about her time in the UK and the strained pause when Cameron asked her if she had a boyfriend.

Steve

Just a hunch (which I'm notoriously bad at) is that Cameron's mother is no stranger to same-sex relationships and this will eventually be revealed to Cameron (and us). The only thing I'm basing this on is her discussion about her time in the UK and the strained pause when Cameron asked her if she had a boyfriend.

Steve

Well, it seems as if I started a trend. **feels proud** I was the first one to start the "Cam's mom is a lesbian", after all.

hmmm well I don't think you'd want a boyfriend just like Cameron

Hahah, well, not just. A straight, non ex-badass version of him. Actually, I think I got one already...now if only I was allowed to sleep over. Oh, the horrors of being a straight female, and therefore not being allowed to sleep at the houses of those of the male species. I don't get muffins for breakfast! XD. Seriously, partially closeted guys are lucky.

Hmm, well I think for the most part she wouldn't really feel that much differently than the rest of the family. I mean I guess there's a range. Obviously Kyle isn't as down on it as Mr. Harris. I guess chances are Mrs. Harris isn't quite as fundamentalist about the issue either, but I'd guess she's probably not anymore accepting than Kyle would be. Just a guess though. She probably would handle it differently though. Well I mean I think they'd all react differently. Mr. Harris we can pretty much guess about. Kyle I think would be upset, but he'd probably keep it between himself and Cameron, and try to talk about it with him. I think Mrs. Harris would fall somewhere between there. She may or may not go to her husband with the information. Just my guess though.

Considering the way she usually acts, I see a completely diffrent reaction. Feelings-wise, she'll probably stand somewhere between Kyle and Mr. Harris, but her reaction being similar? I don't think so. She's a sweet lady, she doesn't have a temper. We already established that she's almost completely feminine. That's why I'm so confused about her reaction. If Kyle came out, she would probably cry, maybe got into denial. But the problem is that Cameron is not her son...I can see her demanding he gets kicked out, but for some reason, that just doesn't feel completely right. I'm absolutly baffled about the nature of her reaction.

Edited by MayaMys

Okay, I was thinking that the eyes could maybe belong to Cole's mother's nurse? If not though, I think they belong to Kyle. If they do belong to the nurse, then it would probably not be a big deal at all since they are pretty sure that she already knows that they are a couple. She may have then not showed herself because she wanted to give them their privacy. If the eyes are Kyles (wich I kind of hope they are), then I think that he will confront his them about it, but he will keep it just between them, I doubt that he would tell his father. I also think that he would end up being okay with it.

A great chapter Vance!

:hug:

Kurt :D