Two Male Whales having Sex Caught...

W_L

The first time two male humpback whales have been captured performing homosexual acts in the wild. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10323696/humpback-whale-sex-homosexual-behaviour-hawaii/

Interesting how the power dynamic works between the two males:

According to the study, the two male humpback whales approached the boat and circled one another several times. One of the whales, labelled Whale A by researchers, was emaciated and was covered in whale lice (called Cyamus boopis), a type of parasite that reproduces on injured or vulnerable whales and other marine mammals.

After much circling, Whale B — a larger, healthier whale — approached Whale A and appeared to hold Whale A with its fins before penetrating the genital opening of Whale A. (Male humpback whales, like many cetaceans, have sheathed genitals that retract.)

Wonder if this was just a one-time thing between them (No strings) or if it's like a mating thing to invite the skinny down-on-his-luck Whale A to form a pod/family with a healthy jock Whale B or something. 

--------------

The first thing I thought when I read this news was recalling a scene from Star Trek IV when Captain Kirk asked why would aliens spend so much effort to talk to some humpback whales on Earth. :o 😛  I'm a gay nerd, what can I say?

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

What if Spock had been lying (exaggerating) when he says Gracie was pregnant. What if his name was Grayson, and he and George were looking forward to a future where humpback dudes could be together?

They could still clone the whale and let the two dads do their thing. After all it is (by your calendar) the late twenty third century.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, Leslie Lofton said:

What if Spock had been lying (exaggerating) when he says Gracie was pregnant. What if his name was Grayson, and he and George were looking forward to a future where humpback dudes could be together?

They could still clone the whale and let the two dads do their thing. After all it is (by your calendar) the late twenty third century.

I have to say wow because I watched that movie just last night and here it is referenced on GA.

• Like 2