Two Male Whales having Sex Caught...

The first time two male humpback whales have been captured performing homosexual acts in the wild. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10323696/humpback-whale-sex-homosexual-behaviour-hawaii/

Interesting how the power dynamic works between the two males:

According to the study, the two male humpback whales approached the boat and circled one another several times. One of the whales, labelled Whale A by researchers, was emaciated and was covered in whale lice (called Cyamus boopis), a type of parasite that reproduces on injured or vulnerable whales and other marine mammals.

After much circling, Whale B — a larger, healthier whale — approached Whale A and appeared to hold Whale A with its fins before penetrating the genital opening of Whale A. (Male humpback whales, like many cetaceans, have sheathed genitals that retract.)

Wonder if this was just a one-time thing between them (No strings) or if it's like a mating thing to invite the skinny down-on-his-luck Whale A to form a pod/family with a healthy jock Whale B or something. 

--------------

The first thing I thought when I read this news was recalling a scene from Star Trek IV when Captain Kirk asked why would aliens spend so much effort to talk to some humpback whales on Earth. :o 😛  I'm a gay nerd, what can I say?

• Like 3