The Great G.A Scavenger Hunt, TBA!

C James

Soon, very soon, (This Friday, Sept 8th, to be exact) the full official announcement will be made, here in the Lounge. It will describe the game and prize in full, and also the game dates.

But for now, a few hints, to see if you guys are ready for this!

Hmmm, let's see... Now, did everyone see the birthday present some of our Authors made for AFreindlyFace (Kevin)?

What do Viv, Jack Scribe, RHawes, Vlista (Vance), and Dezlboi all have in common?

What time on Friday will the full announcement of the Great G.A. Scavenger Hunt be made?

B)

Edited by C James

Soon, very soon, (This Friday, Sept 8th, to be exact) the full official announcement will be made, here in the Lounge. It will describe the game and prize in full, and also the game dates.

Hmmm, let's see... Now, did everyone see the birthday present some of our Authors made for AFreindlyFace (Kevin)?

What do Viv, Jack Scribe, RHawes, Vlista (Vance), and Dezlboi all have in common?

What time on Friday will the full announcement of the Great G.A. Scavenger Hunt be made?

B)

let's see....I know where Kevin's birthday present is...and I know what all the people mentioned have in common...and I know where to find the answer to the last one is...just not telling :lmao: . guess everyone will have to "hunt" for it :D

Hugs,

Tom

let's see....I know where Kevin's birthday present is...and I know what all the people mentioned have in common...and I know where to find the answer to the last one is...just not telling :lmao: . guess everyone will have to "hunt" for it :D

Hugs,

Tom

Hi Tom!

You know where to find the answer to the question of "When on friday will the full announcment and description be posted to the Lounge?" :blink:

(hint: It's not where ya think... :P ")

CJ

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hmm, Great writers and terrific people?

Well I'm not sure! I have an idea though!

**spills white paint all over the ground**

Now we can track the goat and see just when he's going to post :P:boy:

Kevin :P

it's not :blink: ...but I put it there yesterday...did you get into my filing cabnet again :lmao:

Oh darnit! Has CJ been in your drawers again?

Sneaky goat!

**discretely conceals the manila folders behind his back**

take care all!

Kevin

**looks around** Pst, pst, I can "suggest" some possible answers for the right price! 0:)

disclaimer: I am obviously joking here and I really don't have any answers

• Site Administrator

A little bit of logic will show that there are only 60 possibilities for the time -- since the hour is mutable by just going to a different timezone.

I'm personally guessing that they'll miss the day and I'll find the announcement on Saturday, not Friday... since the USA is almost a day behind us Antipodeans. :devil:

Graeme 0:)

Oh darnit! Has CJ been in your drawers again?

Sneaky goat!

**discretely conceals the manila folders behind his back**

take care all!

Kevin

**looks around** Pst, pst, I can "suggest" some possible answers for the right price! 0:)

How much Money do you want :P

A little bit of logic will show that there are only 60 possibilities for the time -- since the hour is mutable by just going to a different timezone.

I'm personally guessing that they'll miss the day and I'll find the announcement on Saturday, not Friday... since the USA is almost a day behind us Antipodeans. :devil:

Graeme 0:)

:D Well, you are quite correct about missing it Friday, unless I meant Friday in Australia. :P

How much Money do you want :P

Save your $$$, Drew. He doesn't know either. :P Nobody knows but me (cue evil, maniacal laughter) :devil:

But, I'll be nice, and offer a clue (a real one) below.

What time do you get your sorry goat-butt out of bed, CJ? :lmao:

Conner :boy:

ROFL!! Well, that's a good point! :D But, Conner, oh yea of the Goat Sub-Group (I like that, BTW!) you must be sleepy yourself, as the answer is right under your nose and you still can't figure it out. :P

OK, OK, a clue. A real clue. The exact time, and also a location in that time-zone, is in one of the previous posts in this thread.

What? No guesses so far, and I gave easy clues! :P

OK, to re-cap: What do Rhawes, Vlista, Viv, Dezlboi and Jack Scribe have in common? Come one, given the context, this isn't hard!

As for when the announcement will be posted, it's tomorrow, but the exact time was what what my last post presented as the riddle. The key is right there in that post (the one above this!) Like I told Conner: It's right under his nose!

OK, this was just a couple of puzzles for fun, and to keep things going until the announcement Friday. Don't worry, none of the actual game questions were written my me (and they aren't puzzles like I have been doing). They are easy to answer questions, and you will know where to look to find the answers (that's why it's a scavenger hunt: you are finding things, not taking a test.)

So, can't anyone solve the posting time riddle? :P (BTW, any WST member or participating Author, or absolutely anyone, feel free to take a stab at the posting time question: Only I know the answer).

CJ

• Site Administrator

The obvious answer for when it will be is 8:10am, which corresponds to member id 810 for Conner. The question will then be what timezone. Since Conner is listed as living in Vancouver, I'm guessing 8:10am Vancouver time.

The obvious answer for when it will be is 8:10am, which corresponds to member id 810 for Conner. The question will then be what timezone. Since Conner is listed as living in Vancouver, I'm guessing 8:10am Vancouver time.

Graeme got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one Graeme!! :king:

Yep, "right under his nose" meant right under his avatar's nose. 810 am Vancouver (Pacific Daylight Time)

assuming I don't have an Internet access problem (heavy storms here right now).

Edit to add: Sorry, Kitty, it's military time, due to no AM or PM being displayed. :ph34r:

Edited by C James

Graeme got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one Graeme!! :king:

Yep, "right under his nose" meant right under his avatar's nose. 810 am Vancouver (Pacific Daylight Time)

Very clever! :great:

Personally, I don't do clever! It puts too much of a strain on me. :wacko:

Very clever! :great:

Personally, I don't do clever! It puts too much of a strain on me. :wacko:

Conner, I was just lucky that you posted, because otherwise I couldn't have used the "right under your nose" clue! You are one of the very, very few G.A. members who uses their photo for an avatar, so my options were rather limited! :P

Conner, I was just lucky that you posted, because otherwise I couldn't have used the "right under your nose" clue! You are one of the very, very few G.A. members who uses their photo for an avatar, so my options were rather limited! :P

So you're saying you just used me for my pretty face??? :angry:

Well, as Mae West used to say, "It's better to get looked over than overlooked!" Being a kidd, you probably never heard of Ms. West. She was a looker. Another great line of hers was, when asked about the men in her life, "It's not the men in my life, it's the life in my men!" :lol: I love that. B)

So you're saying you just used me for my pretty face??? :angry:

Guilty! :ph34r::P

Well, as Mae West used to say, "It's better to get looked over than overlooked!" Being a kidd, you probably never heard of Ms. West. She was a looker. Another great line of hers was, when asked about the men in her life, "It's not the men in my life, it's the life in my men!" :lol: I love that. B)

I've heard of her, and love her quote! :great:

• Site Administrator

I may be wrong, but I think she also came up with the line, "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

I may be wrong, but I think she also came up with the line, "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

You're not wrong at all. That is another Mae West classic - perhaps the one most often quoted (usually without credit) :D