[NickolasJames8] Bogeda Bay Chapter 11

Well, I don't about anyone else, but chapter 11 got my attention real fast. The opening scene, the dream OMG. Freaked me out. That was a master piece. It took me a few minutes to realize it was a dream. The symbolizim was increadible. His mom, his dad, and Billy. OMG I thougt it was great. It was very clear what was going on in Kevin's head and what a cool way to do it. I think it was the best way to let us into Kevin's mind that could have been imagined.

Now, analysis it! I have my ideas, but I want to see what everyone else thinks first.

Well, know we have to talk about the cliff hanger of an ending. What the heck happened, who was the other person. This is really starting to get me going. The story is so good and to leave us like that. What a master of writing. What is his dad going to do know. The "bitch" of a stepmother caused Kevin all this pain and it was not even true! The other question is, will his dad actually apologize to Kevin or not. I WANT ANSWERS. Darn, I don't want to wait for another chapter to come out. See, this is what a good writer does to you.

And why don't the main characters have names??? I have asked Nick some of the possiblilities you all came up with and we still have not figured it out.

Lets keep this going,

David

Hey Everyone!

WOW I really loved this chapter! I'm so glad that we finally got to find out what happened to Kevin's little brother, even if we didn't find out who did it yet. My thought was that Billy had gone with Kevin to the birthday party, but I guess that's pretty unlikely. Given that it couldn't really have been anyone else we're familar with it must be a stranger (brillant deduction I know :king: ), so I guess I can wait to find out who it is since I won't know who it is even when I know who it is. :wacko:

Well, I don't about anyone else, but chapter 11 got my attention real fast. The opening scene, the dream OMG. Freaked me out. That was a master piece. It took me a few minutes to realize it was a dream. The symbolizim was increadible. His mom, his dad, and Billy. OMG I thougt it was great. It was very clear what was going on in Kevin's head and what a cool way to do it. I think it was the best way to let us into Kevin's mind that could have been imagined.

Now, analysis it! I have my ideas, but I want to see what everyone else thinks first.

I agree that the dream was very realistic, in fact at first I thought Nick was recounting what had happened in another chapter. As far as "What does it mean?", well I think obviously it represents recurrent painful memories about what happened with Billy and a deep sense of disappointment about the way Kevin's parents treated him. They did basically unite to ignore him :thumbdown: Also, while his father certainly seems like the better parent compared to his horrible mother, I think we should remember that he knowingly left Kevin in the care of a woman like his mother, he also allowed Kevin's step-mother to mistreat him (not even in regards to the incident with his little brother) and then of course allowed her to turn him again Kevin. So his dad is definitely no saint...either that or he's not very perceptive. Of course we must wonder why he more or less repeated the pattern of marrying women that were bad for him with Kevin's step-mom.

And why don't the main characters have names??? I have asked Nick some of the possiblilities you all came up with and we still have not figured it out.

Well my very basic take on it is that they simply aren't necessary. The story is told first person through Kevin's eyes and he just isn't going to be calling his parents and grandparents by their first names.

Now, about Kevin. At this point he is feeling hurt and he wants to be safe. Right now he doesn
  • Site Moderator

It could have something to do with the way Kevin was brought up. Now that I've thought about, growing up non of kids called our Grandparents by their first names, it was always Grandma or Grandpa. When it came to Aunt's and Uncle's then it was Aunt ???? or Uncle ????.

Jan

Why did Kevin’s dad leave Modesto?

One detail that bothered me when I read the chapter is why did Kevin’s father leave his son and his house in Modesto and move with his parents? He discovered that someone, probably a friend or a relative of his wife, sexually abused his son. He also realized that his wife was trying to protect that scumbag by falsely accusing Kevin. His little son is definitely not safe being left alone with his wife. So what does Kevin’s dad do? He packs his bags, and moves out of his house. :wacko:

Why on earth would he do that? Why didn’t he take the kid with him?

I am also shocked by what Kevin’s father said to Kevin:

What and insensitive thing to say to somebody who was raped repeatedly for months. Of course Kevin understands, and his father knows it. I have to say that I am angry at Kevin’s father.

I hope that Nick’s teachers don’t give him too much homework this week, so he can toss another chapter to us. :)

Hugs,

Michael.

I felt the same way, it was probably a relative of his wifes, or a neighbor. Some new abuse must have happened. He may have confronted the wife and been told to leave. I can tell you from personal experience that the cops will believe a woman when she accuses a man of physical abuse, and no there doesn't have to be any evidence of said abuse. You don't get to take the kids with you, society has deemed in domestic cases, Man wrong, woman right. It is best to walk away and regroup. Been there done that. If she could accuse Kevin of abusing her son, it would be all the better for her to accuse her estranged husband of it too.

I think that Kevin's dad was giving Kevin something he hadn't given him yet, a chance to explain what happened that day, instead of believing someone that he now doubts. He coud have been a little more tactful about how he asked Kevin in light of the nightmare, and Kevins responces to his dad right after.

I hope Nick can get another chapter out soon too. I hate cliff hangers.

Ex.

Edited by ex52tech

I have another scary thought.

I'm sure you've looked at the last entry of Nick's blog and read about kids who cut themselves. I'm afraid that Kevin in this story might do something to himself. I think Nick is planning something really shocking for this story...

Michael.

Edited by Xiao_Chun
  • 4 months later...
I felt the same way, it was probably a relative of his wifes, or a neighbor. Some new abuse must have happened. He may have confronted the wife and been told to leave. I can tell you from personal experience that the cops will believe a woman when she accuses a man of physical abuse, and no there doesn't have to be any evidence of said abuse. You don't get to take the kids with you, society has deemed in domestic cases, Man wrong, woman right. It is best to walk away and regroup. Been there done that. If she could accuse Kevin of abusing her son, it would be all the better for her to accuse her estranged husband of it too.

I think that Kevin's dad was giving Kevin something he hadn't given him yet, a chance to explain what happened that day, instead of believing someone that he now doubts. He coud have been a little more tactful about how he asked Kevin in light of the nightmare, and Kevins responces to his dad right after.

I hope Nick can get another chapter out soon too. I hate cliff hangers.

Ex.

I hope you're right...it seems like Kevins getting a bad rap. I hope things work out for him in the coming chapters :ranger: