[NickolasJames8] Story Status Update

I want to appologize for not having a story update yet this week. I've only gotten two chapters finished so far and off to my editor, but the good news is for people who are following it, Staking My Claim chapter 3 is one of those chapters....I hope to have it up in a few days. Bodega Bay Chapter 14 should be up soon, too.

In other news, I premiered my latest poem, I last night to mostly positive reviews. I have the poetry itch again, so hopefully I can pound out something people like. I have a hard drive full of poems, but only a few of them are ever released because I think some of them are wack.

Also, I should have my Fall Anthology entry finished no later than Saturday. My goal this time is to actually start a story for the anthology that I can finish as a short story, and not turn it into a chapter story....lol. Keep your fingers crossed for me 0:)0:)0:)

Anyway, thanks for your patience everyone. I know it's been since Sunday, and I hate to make you wait so long for an update, but things have been hectic in my life lately and I havent had the time to sit down and write chapters the way I should. I promise to make it up to you though :) In the meanwhile, go check out Kevin's new story if you havent already. It's called Indefensible, and it's awesome. Oh yeah, and go check out Birdsofafeather's poems and his short story, Train.....it's hot sh*t

Ok, so it's that time again :)

I just sent the final edited copy of my Fall Anthology story in, so hopefully everyone'll like it :) Besides that, I've been working on more poetry. I sent a new poem in last night, so hopefully it'll be posted soon. It's a pretty personal poem, and really, it was a thereputic excersize for me more than anything.

Staking My Claim 3 and Bodega Bay 14 went up this last week as well, so look for the next chapters of both stories to come out in a few days :) I've been working hard on getting them updated for you.

In the meanwhile, I'm really excited about the upcoming release of Chapter Two of Indefensible, the award winning story by our very own Kevin, aka Afriendlyface. If you haven't checked it out yet, you're seriously missing out on something special. :read::read::read:

• 1 month later...

Well it's update time:::::::::::::::

I just emailed the final copy of my Winter Anthology entry to Kitty, and I've been steadily working on chapter five of Staking My Claim. Chapter 19 of Bodega Bay went up yesterday, and I'm currently working on chapter one of Book Two of the What's The Difference Between Me and You?, so be on the lookout for that in the next week or four.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers for their support. It means a lot to me when I get emails and PM's from you guys about my stories.

The Second Annual Nickolas James Awards

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update to keep everyone posted on what's happening.......

I got chapter 21 of Bodega Bay posted last night, and I'll be sending in chapter 22 shortly. At the same time, I just finished chapter 5 of Staking My Claim and sent it off to my editor, THE GREAT TALONRIDER!!!, and as soon as he sends it back to me I'll fix it and send it back to him, then he'll send it back to me again (redundant, isn't it?? :lol: ) and I'll send it in to be posted :) .

I started work on my Fairy Tales Anthology entry, and I'm also working on a short story that I hope to have finished in a week or so. Of course, I'm super excited about the Winter Anthology, and I can't wait to see what everyone's written.....I know it's gonna be good :) .

BTW, watch out for the Second Annual Nickolas James Awards to be handed out at the end of this month :wink:

Kisses

Nick

• 1 month later...

Ok, so it's update time again :)

I just sent chapter one of my next story, Time In A Bottle, off to Talonrider. it's still in Beta Mode, so I haven't completed all of the changes to the first chapter that I plan on making. On the other hand, I personally feel like it's off to a good start, and that things are going to flow relatively smooth once I get the little bugs worked out.

This story's much different than anything I've ever written before. I wasn't too sure i really wanted to tackle something like this, but I felt like if I didn't, I'd never be able to grow as an author. My main issue in this story is dealing with heartache on a massive scale, something people don't tend to see in my work. True, I've had a couple sad short stories lately, but I don't think they come close to comparing to what's in store for the main character of this story.

Which brings me to my next issue.....the main character in this story is in his mid sixties, so I'm really counting on my beta readers to tell me if I'm F'ing up somewhere along the way.

In other news, Chapter Six of Staking My Claim and Chapter 25 of Bodega Bay are posted. The last chapter of both stories ended with cliff hangers that have earned me some rather testy emails :pickaxe: Bodega Bay is winding down now, so if your waiting for the story to be finished before you read it, you don't have too much longer to wait.

As soon as I'm done with Bodega Bay, I'll be devoting more time to Staking My Claim, which I admit to neglecting lately. As soon as I finish Staking My Claim and Time In A Bottle, I have a plan for a series that I'm hoping people can get behind, but I don't want to give away the details just yet.

• 3 months later...

It's that time again :)

So, I know it's been forever since I've updated, but now there's good news.......no, I didn't save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. I've been steadily working on the rewrite of What's The Difference, and I officially sent in chapters one through ten tonight. Hopefully it'll be back up soon, and I can start adding chapters as I get them finished.

I haven't lost my inspiration to write Staking My Claim or time In A Bottle. I just stopped for a couple weeks to let things calm down around here before I get moving on them again. I want to do the best job I can on each chapter, and I don't think it would be fair of me to turn something in that I didn't have time to devote all of my attention to. That said, I should have something for The Great Talonrider!!!! shortly from both stories.

So that's all folks. Thanks for reading and I promise to make the next chapters I post of TIAB and SMC worth the wait.