Time to COOK!

OKay..... our most famous recipes...

Mine... a simple one for company....

Twice Baked Potatoes

1 lb bacon (cooked well done but not burnt)

2 lb of cheese (Sharp cheddar... don't screw it up)

1 cup Philladelphia Creme Cheese

1 Cup Sour Cream

3/4 Cup Milk

Water, salt, pepper (fresh ground is best)

(the rule if you dont' know... is 3 parts salt to one part pepper)

Mix it up

Then bake... 375... MAYBE 45 minutes :)

Add more butter... or chilves if you have fresh. Scallions make a nice topping.

To let you know... use instant spuds... they'll never know

They're too busy eating the bacon ;)

A little known secret... the best recipe for cheesecake is on the back of the box of Knox unflavored gelatin. People have begged my mother for her recipe, but the kicker is that it's right there in the open, and it's sooooo incredibly easy and versatile. Plus, it's easy to remember! Whatever kind of cheesecake you want, just add to it. :D

Here's the recipe. (Tis all in standard, so sorry to you metric using folks)

1 envelope of Knox unflavored gelatine (the envelope contains 7 grams of gelatin, if that helps anyone that can't get that brand where they live)

1 cup cold water

2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 9-inch graham cracker crust

In a saucepan, add gelatine to 1/4 cup cold water, and let stand one minute. Stir over low heat until dissolved. (Or, you can do it in the microwave! Just let it sit in the 1/4 cup cold water for TWO minutes, then nuke it about forty secs, stir it, and let it sit two minutes. If it's not totally dissolved, do it again.)

Get a large bowl and beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it's blended. Gradually add the gelatine and remaining water until it's all nice and smooth. Pour it into your crust (I find that homemade crust with whatever you like to add, like toffee chips or chocolate chips, is pretty awesome), and stick it in the fridge until it firms up.

See? So easy, no baking or anything. And you can do a lot with this simple recipe, and it's damn good cheesecake. :D

A friend sent me this easy recipe for roasting a turkey.

Colin :boy:

=======================

Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe

Ingredients:

1 whole turkey

1 large lemon, cut in half across the width

sprig of rosemary

salt and pepper to taste

butter or olive oil, whichever you prefer

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Rub butter or oil over the skin of the turkey until it is completely coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other seasonings you prefer.

Take a knife and gently separate the skin from the breast meat; Slide lemon halves under the skin with the peel side up, one on each side. This way the juice from the lemon will release into the breasts. Place sprig of rosemary into the body cavity of the turkey.

Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove cover and continue to roast until juices run clear, basting every 15-20 minutes.

If you've followed these steps correctly, your turkey should look like the one in the picture below.

Carve and serve.

Bon Appetit!

======================

Scroll down...

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

i218882103_69058.jpg

Okay, here's one of my favorite comfort foods: Rick's Chicken Enchilada's

Grill and shred two large chicken breasts.

Put a splash of olive oil in the bottom of a heated saucepan, and add a teaspoon(ish) of minced garlic. I like garlic.....sue me. :P

Cook to heat, but do NOT allow the garlic to burn, add the chicken.

Add 1/3 of a large jar of Pace Picante Sauce (I use hot, adjust to your own tastes).

Add sliced Jalape

A friend sent me this easy recipe for roasting a turkey.

Another recipe to consider.

STEP 1: Go buy a Butterball turkey and a bottle of Cuervo Gold. Thaw out 48 hours before roasting.

STEP 2: On thanksgiving morning, pre-warm the oven at 375 degrees and call the Butterball Hot Line if you have questions. While you're waiting for an operator to answer, pour a generous portion of tequila into a brandy snifter.

STEP 3: Enjoy a couple of shots of tequila while you're preparing the rest of the food.

STEP 4: Put the turkey in the pre-warmed oven. Be sure and take out the package inside the turkey cavity.

STEP5: To hell with the shot glass. Enjoy a few swigs of tequila from the bottle.

STEP 6: Turk the bastey.

STEP 7: Tequila another bottle of get.

STEP 8: Stick a turkey in the thermometer.

STEP 9: Bake the tequila for 4 hours. Have another large gulp of turkey.

STEP10: Take the oven out of the turkey.

STEP11: Floor the turkey up off of the pick.

STEP12: Turk the carvey.

STEP13: Tet the sable, pour a glass of turkey, bless the saying, pass and eat out.

Just joking. Have a safe and sane ______________________ (fill in the holiday).

Jack B)

drum roll please . . . ta dum ta dum ta dum ta dum . . . . .

Never before published.. super super super secret. Straight from the backwoods of Mississippi, my grandmother's super secret southern pecan pie recipe guaranteed to be authentic and with enough sugar and cholesterol to clog the healthiest arteries.

1. get 5 medium to large eggs. let them warm to room temperature but don't let them spoil !

2. crack the eggs into medium or large mixing bowl and beat with wooden spoon or egg whisk thoroughly for several minutes. DO NOT USE ELECTRIC BEATER/MIXER

3. add 2/3 cup sugar

4. add 2/3 cup light karo

5. mix thoroughly (do NOT use electric mixer)

6. add 1 generous teaspoon vanilla

7. add a pinch of salt. a pinch is just that. maybe 1/4 to 1/3 tsp.

8. mix thoroughly again with spoon or whisk

9. stir in one cup of CHOPPED pecans. Don't mix, just stir.

10. Pour into prepared pie crust. (the frozen variety one finds in the grocery is fine, but thaw first and perforate the bottom of the crust several times with a fork. Don't ask, just do it.*

11. Bake in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for ten minutes then reduce the temp to 350 for thirty-five minutes. (If your oven is really large or "slow" you may need to add five minutes.)

12. It's done. take it out, let it cool. ENJOY! (That wasn't so hard was it?)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

hugs

:hug::hug:

Rick

*for those of you concerned about excessive calories, you may want to run the mixture through Ron Popeil's patented calorie extractor. Available through Ronco for 4 easy payments of only $19.95.