Where'd everybody go?

captainrick

Where did everybody go? :unsure: There were maybe a dozen posts yesterday, and most were mine, Graeme, or that notorious lurker CJames. C'mon, Guys, POST! Dom posted a chapter and there were only 3 comments in his forum this morning including mine. :blink: What the hell???

Hugs everyone, and have a great day! :hug::hug:

Rick

Where did everybody go? Hugs everyone, and have a great day! :hug::hug:

Rick/quote]

Hey....

There are so many new stories and chapters to read. Why should I post when I have nothing to say ?

The topics which have the biggest number of entries are "A Game", "In my pants" and "This or That"....Why not ? :D

Brain-workers need also holidays :great:

Old bob

Edited by old bob

Where did everybody go? :unsure: There were maybe a dozen posts yesterday, and most were mine, Graeme, or that notorious lurker CJames. C'mon, Guys, POST! Dom posted a chapter and there were only 3 comments in his forum this morning including mine. :blink: What the hell???

Rick

Hi Rick!

I was amazed by that too. It's really strange when a notorious lurker (I like that term, thank you! I'll be quoting it often! :2thumbs: ) is mentioned as posting, so things have definitly been very, very quiet around here.

I was offline almost all day yesterday, and have just now had a chance to look around, so I do see what you mean.

• Site Administrator

There are always quiet times. I've only had limited internet access this week myself, and then I'll be gearing myself up for a mad rush of Christmas shopping. Don't worry about it too much. :)

**waves quietly from the shadows**

Actually I've noticed the drop off in activity too. I think it is mostly due to the holidays and stuff. Personally I've only been around maybe 1/5th as much as I have been in previous months. I hope everyone does come back and let us know how they're doing when things slow down though :) I know I will :)

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin (who really could have passed for a lurker this last week or so :boy: )

**waves quietly from the shadows**

Actually I've noticed the drop off in activity too. I think it is mostly due to the holidays and stuff. Personally I've only been around maybe 1/5th as much as I have been in previous months. I hope everyone does come back and let us know how they're doing when things slow down though :) I know I will :)

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin (who really could have passed for a lurker this last week or so :boy: )

AHHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, I think we have identified the real source of the posting drop-off!!!

Kevin's posts normally constitute about 80% of GA forum traffic, so no wonder things have been quiet around here lately! :P

Kevin's posts normally constitute about 80% of GA forum traffic, so no wonder things have been quiet around here lately! :P

AHA! I knew there had to be a culprit! :P

Spoken like a real postwhore. I wonder if you have surpassed Kitty yet (Heaven forbid...)

Rick

(As he sits at his computer lurking on the GA web site...)

Despite the fact that I don't have anything to add, I've been pried out of my lurking lethargy to post, just to up the posting count I suppose. :P:lol:

Colin :boy:

:ph34r: Lurks :ph34r:

I keep intending to post, but usually by the time I reach a thread it's already been said, and I find my self with nothing more to say than "Yeah, another great chapter" which just doesn't feel right to me...

Uh yeah...

Don't forget it's exam season... :thumbdown:

That's what's been keeping me busy. One yesterday, one today, an oral on Wednesday, and another one on Thursday and papers all around. Ugh. I can't wait to be back in the states where you're not expected to make an effort.

Edited by Matthew

• Site Administrator

Kevin's posts may normally constitute about 80% of GA forum traffic, but most of that will be people READING them. Kevin's actual posting rate is way below the top few people.

As an example, if you look at this thread, and count the number of posts for each person, you'll find that while there are several people with multiple posts, Kevin is not one of them.

I think the real reason is that C James is too much of a lurker. He needs to double or triple his posting rate so people will notice that he's here.... :devil:

eh, I'm still here.. I've been doing a lot of lurking though... oops. Probably need to spend my lurking time on writing, but eh.. isn't happening.. lol.

Yes, Cj, Graeme, it was weird not seeing the two of you competing for the top of the 20 top posters.. :P ... tsk tsk, you can do better. :)

Krista

• Site Administrator
Yes, Cj, Graeme, it was weird not seeing the two of you competing for the top of the 20 top posters.. :P ... tsk tsk, you can do better. :)

It wasn't my fault. <_<

Work sent me interstate for a week, and I couldn't access GA while working, and I had to endure an extremely slow dialup from the hotel. :thumbdown:

Happily, I'm back at home now :D

It wasn't my fault. <_<

Work sent me interstate for a week, and I couldn't access GA while working, and I had to endure an extremely slow dialup from the hotel. :thumbdown:

Happily, I'm back at home now :D

ooohh yay!.. Well I have dial-up.. it's all they offer in my part of Kentucky... lol. Mom and her privacy issues have left us terribly terribly held back on the Internet situation... So, eh, after having DSL at college Dial-up about killed me to return to... so I feel your pain there..

Krista

Kevin's posts may normally constitute about 80% of GA forum traffic, but most of that will be people READING them. Kevin's actual posting rate is way below the top few people.

As an example, if you look at this thread, and count the number of posts for each person, you'll find that while there are several people with multiple posts, Kevin is not one of them.

Oh, I completely agree that Kevin's posting has not been up to his normal levels lately! You also raise a good point about multiple posts in a thread. Why, I even see one poster (an Echidna, wouldn't ya know?) has FOUR posts in this very thread!

And yes, Kevin's post-per-day average is actually below that of said Echidna, who has an average of 5 posts per day. Out of all of GA, only you and Dark Shadow have an average in the 5's! (and there is no one at all in the 6's!).

Postaholics, the both of ya! :P

I think the real reason is that C James is too much of a lurker. He needs to double or triple his posting rate so people will notice that he's here.... :devil:

But Graeme, double or triple zero is still zero.. :ph34r:

eh, I'm still here.. I've been doing a lot of lurking though... oops. Probably need to spend my lurking time on writing, but eh.. isn't happening.. lol.

Krista

Hi Krista!

Well, it's very rare to see me on that list (me being a lurker and all) but it was astonishing not to see Graeme there. Usually, when I need to send Graeme a PM, I just go to that list and click on his name, as it is always on top. 0:)

AHA! I knew there had to be a culprit! :P

**takes his mugshots and gets fitted for his orange suit**

I keep intending to post, but usually by the time I reach a thread it's already been said, and I find my self with nothing more to say than "Yeah, another great chapter" which just doesn't feel right to me...

Uh yeah...

Welcome to the GA forums, Andy!! :D It's great to have you posting here! :great::2thumbs:

I hope to see more from you in the future :D

That's what's been keeping me busy. One yesterday, one today, an oral on Wednesday, and another one on Thursday and papers all around. Ugh. I can't wait to be back in the states where you're not expected to make an effort.

LOL, Matty! But don't you make an effort anyway. I seem to remember you being horrified last year when I confessed that I used mid-term and final time to catch up on my sleep :boy:

aww thanks, Graeme! :D

As an example, if you look at this thread, and count the number of posts for each person, you'll find that while there are several people with multiple posts, Kevin is was not one of them until just now.

:boy:

Have a great day all! :pickaxe:

Kevin

Uh yeah...

Welcome to the Forums, Andy!!!

There are a lot of things to talk about here, and it gets easier as you get to know people. Come on in and join the fun!

**takes his mugshots and gets fitted for his orange suit**

Ahhh, yes, we have our culprit! :P

• Site Administrator
Ahhh, yes, we have our culprit! :P

The sign of a master postaholic in denial -- actively posting to point the finger of blame at someone else.....

The sign of a master postaholic in denial -- actively posting to point the finger of blame at someone else.....

Well, yes, you just did that, didn't you, my postaholic friend? :P

Me? I was only agreeing with Kevin... 0:)