Brother Goats -- and want-to-be's :-)

Eddy

All they need are the ever present dark glasses!! Or are those critters sheep???? Oh Jeez!!!!

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/index.php...=si&img=120 :worship::worship::worship:

Those are mountain goats! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

But, umm, what ever-present dark glasses? Surely you can't mean mine? As a lurker, I'm hardly ever seen.. :ph34r:

Those are mountain goats! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

But, umm, what ever-present dark glasses? Surely you can't mean mine? As a lurker, I'm hardly ever seen.. :ph34r:

Yep --- The minute I saw them I thought of you. Surly you are jesting again -- A lurker! Right--Nope, not buying into that :thumbdown:

Can you actually eat goat meat? I mean, it can certainly be eaten but is it a delicacy as lamb or mutton? The only foods goats provide us with are dairy products, and milk comes from she-goats...

(Rereading my innocent question. Please refrain from any improper comment that could arise from the above lines...)

• Site Administrator

I may be mistaken, but I thought goat meat was used in some traditional Mediterranean meals.

According to this link, goat meat is used by the Greeks, Spanish, Mexicans, Chinese and in the Caribbean.

There is also apparently a goat cook off in Texas each year:

For lovers of cooked goat, the largest celebration in the U.S. is the Brady/McCulloch County World Championship Goat Cookoff in Brady, Texas. Over Labor Day weekend each year, the small community of Brady, in the geographical center of the state, swells from a population of 6,000 to 30,000 when it is invaded by goat meat fans. The celebration features 125 cooking teams assembled from all over Texas and the United States, each cooking goat in their own style. Cooking teams have traveled from as far away as England to participate. There are also about100 arts and crafts booths, plus games for the kids, horseshoe pitching, and other events.

At the end of the day, the goat entries are judged, with prizes awarded to top three teams. A Super Bowl winner is also announced from entrants of previous winners. For more information, contact the Brady/McCulloch County Chamber of Commerce at 915-597-3491, or e-mail at evpcofc@centex.net.

I may be mistaken, but I thought goat meat was used in some traditional Mediterranean meals.

According to this link, goat meat is used by the Greeks, Spanish, Mexicans, Chinese and in the Caribbean.

There is also apparently a goat cook off in Texas each year:

NOW I know why my Editor keep offering to send me to Texas...