[dkstories] rofl... wtf Eurika (On Sci-Fi channel)

WOW seriously danny boi someone who writes for sci-fi must read your stories.... they have a town with the name of yours... AND they have your time machine that only sends your mind back in time.... wtf is that??? The episode was on just now when im posting... ima try to get the name of it....

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/episodes/112/

Seriously... how mcuh of this sounds like it comes out of DO and DOR and so on...? OMG HE EVEN HAS TO GO BACK IN HIS SLEEP AHHHH.... serously dan... i'd look into this.... unless of course you sold out to Sci-Fi... for one measily episode.... :( lol

anyways... struck me as extremely odd......

Braxypad

WOW seriously danny boi someone who writes for sci-fi must read your stories.... they have a town with the name of yours... AND they have your time machine that only sends your mind back in time.... wtf is that??? The episode was on just now when im posting... ima try to get the name of it....

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/episodes/112/

Seriously... how mcuh of this sounds like it comes out of DO and DOR and so on...? OMG HE EVEN HAS TO GO BACK IN HIS SLEEP AHHHH.... serously dan... i'd look into this.... unless of course you sold out to Sci-Fi... for one measily episode.... :( lol

anyways... struck me as extremely odd......

Braxypad

:blink: That sounds WAY too coincidental to me. There are several towns with the name "Eureka" but taken all together, that sounds very much like a rip-off to me. (Unless Dan sold to them, in which case good for him!)

I'm guessing there may well be a gay writer on the staff of the show, or at least someone who is familiar with Dan's stories, but proving that they got the idea for a TV show episode from Do Over would be tough. We're not talking about ripping something off, word for word, but only stealing an idea, a premise. This sort of thing happens all the time. Add to that the fact that Dan never intended to make money off his stories and you have a really tough sell.