[dkstories] Chapter 36 has arrived

Awesome Chapter!

One thing about sieges is they're always triggers for new developments in technology. Developments to break a siege and developments to hold it....

New ship designs specific to Leonev's needs are something I was expecting to see.

Very risky business Leonev is involved in now. He's just tipped his hand that he has these new ships and republic spies will now be devoted to discovering just how many there are and tactical analyses of their abilities will be running like mad. On the other hand, while he may have yielded the surprise factor with regard to the ships themselves and the inevitable republic invasion, it was either do that or go on without essential components and with a dearth of the necessary ore for armor. He might not succeed in these unsubtle supply runs, but not attempting them at all would have likely sealed his doom, even with the newly designed ships. A good decision, ultimately, given his circumstances. I'm also glad to see that Leonev is indeed not an idiot, and that this move was combined with assassination attempts which beyond their value as distractions could be beneficial in their own right had a few more been successful.

I really don't see Tremere's death being all that big of a loss. If anything it should strengthen support from his house toward this war which means the new leader will be wanting to work with Garret on that front, which will be helpful as they get to know each other when it comes time to deal with things on Calos.

Interesting development with Neal and Garret's feelings toward him.... I thought to myself something along the lines of "well who didn't see that coming, lol" when I read about the doctor's moving up neal's timeframe for a physical relationship to begin. What I sure as hell didn't see coming was Garret's (for now) adamant resistance to it. I hope Garret realizes that rejecting Neal on that level can cause severe psychological problems later on, because being told by someone you love (talking romance here) that they don't want to make love to you is one hell of a blow to the heart. Will Neal just accept that the man he loves views him as a son and move on - obviously not given the way he's putting the moves on Garret. How long before he gives up in frustration and falls into a deep depression at this rejection? Will he even come to hate Garret for being spurned as a lover? ... or will Garret come to his damned senses and realize what he has in Neal?

There is a difference between lover and sex partner I'm surprised to find that Garret hasn't figured out yet. He may have lots of people to bang, but so far there's only really been Billy that he loved, and Billy is the unobtainable but for the very rare occasion. Neal is right there on his lap, right there in his bed, and right there in his shower! I sure hope Garret realizes that this is not normal behavior between a father and son. I also hope Masako is right and he changes his mind soon or the conflicting messges he's sending to Neal are probably going to backfire. Neal is obviously someone who feels very intensely and that kind of constant rejection does not bode well for his and Garret's future.

There is a difference between lover and sex partner I'm surprised to find that Garret hasn't figured out yet. He may have lots of people to bang, but so far there's only really been Billy that he loved, and Billy is the unobtainable but for the very rare occasion. Neal is right there on his lap, right there in his bed, and right there in his shower!

Shower sex, my favorite!

Awesome Chapter!

One thing about sieges is they're always triggers for new developments in technology. Developments to break a siege and developments to hold it....

New ship designs specific to Leonev's needs are something I was expecting to see.

Very risky business Leonev is involved in now. He's just tipped his hand that he has these new ships and republic spies will now be devoted to discovering just how many there are and tactical analyses of their abilities will be running like mad. On the other hand, while he may have yielded the surprise factor with regard to the ships themselves and the inevitable republic invasion, it was either do that or go on without essential components and with a dearth of the necessary ore for armor. He might not succeed in these unsubtle supply runs, but not attempting them at all would have likely sealed his doom, even with the newly designed ships. A good decision, ultimately, given his circumstances. I'm also glad to see that Leonev is indeed not an idiot, and that this move was combined with assassination attempts which beyond their value as distractions could be beneficial in their own right had a few more been successful.

Good point! From his strategic perspective, he had no reason not to make a move, and every reason to do so.

I was surprised to see Tremere go... I've long suspected that he would stab Garret in the back, but I guess he won't do so now.

Going after the speakers was quite a move, though not unexpected. I was however surprised to see that Neil took out two marines, unarmed (and I assume the attacking marines were armed) and killed them. I like Neal. :2thumbs:

or will Garret come to his damned senses and realize what he has in Neal?

I see one HUGE problem there: Neal is 14!! My guess is that Garret is doing the responsible thing here. I hope it works out.

BTW, I laughed out loud when Neal opined that "you go crazy if you don't have sex every day!" or words to that effect. ROFL!

Poor Garret... I suspect he going to be feeling a little blue before long... 0:)

How the time flows.....

He he, I discovered a new law of relativity: the Dan's law. It goes: the closer you come to the end of a story, the shorter becomes the time scale. You see it when you count the number of lines or words pro period (I mean the time space which flows from month to month inside the story). The advantage, you get more days to follow with less words to read. The best example was the last chapter of DOT :P If my theory is'nt clear enough, send questions through PM .

BTW, Neal is very affectionate, but really it's difficult to trust these 05 clones

Edited by old bob