Everyone! Pay attention!!!!!

This is very important, and is an issue that some of you may not be aware of. I feel bad that I have to bring it to your attention, but someone has to do it. It is for this reason that I inform you that....

the chatroom is not being used enough! I cannot carry on conversations that are fulfilling with only me and Frank! Three people cannot continuously find something new to talk about night after night without any new input! Please, consider dropping by sometime! Pop in, say hello, stick around. Just leave it up, maybe you'll meet someone....

interesting?!?!??!! GASP! Yeah, it could happen. So get out there, start chatting, and socialize!

..... I'll be your best frieeeeeeend. :)

Razor is right. The chatroom subscription runs out in May. It's another $150 to keep it open for another year. If only two or three people use it, there's not much incentive to renew the subscription.

Joe

Hmm, has the idea been toyed with to host regular chats? Perhaps weekly themed chats?

Also i believe the author chats were popular...just a thought. I know I'd be more inclined to drop in if i knew there were going to be enough people in attendance to have a lively conversation.

:2thumbs: Hi there Razor, I am new here so I am sorry if I am butting in. But I agree 3 people in an endless conversation will undoubtedly result in an endless continuum of boredom... Seriously. What is this place all about???

Well, I would go into chat... but every time I check its either empty or it only has one person in it... who then goes AFK after a minute or something so I just never really bothered. I mean... I see 2 people in chat and just end up thinking "chances are they're AFK or near enough as makes no difference". I do miss the big chats though.

Hmm, has the idea been toyed with to host regular chats? Perhaps weekly themed chats?

Also i believe the author chats were popular...just a thought. I know I'd be more inclined to drop in if i knew there were going to be enough people in attendance to have a lively conversation.

I agree. How about resurrecting author chats and scheduling one or two to see how it goes over?

Colin :boy:

sheesh when do you guys go? I'm in there most evenings [8ish to 11ish EST] (up until about a week or so ago for other reasons) and NO ONE comes in, or if they do they pop in and pop out before the welcome tone finishes playing... kinda hard to greet someone when they don't stick around.

I know this has happened to a couple of the others who hang out in chat too... it's like a revolving door in there some nights.

Lugh

I'm quite often in there. all alone... on my lonesome...

Oh and I should point out that just looking at the bottom of the forum frontpage doesn't always work, there are some semi-regulars in chat that are set to invisible, and so don't show up, and some others that for whatever reason just don't show up on the list. and some that show up whether they're in or not sometimes...

Hmmmm...

Let's chat with shared hosted author Razor! Say when, Razor??? I'll be there.

Razor has a new story on his site called Ana. 3 chapters are up. The subject deals with anorexia in male youth. Reader response to the story has been very positive, particularly from young people. :great:

Conner

and some that show up whether they're in or not sometimes...

Yeah, Shdowgod has been listed for two hours and he's never in when I get there. I went there this morning (last night for you people GMT -5 to 8), and though it's fun (there were 6 people, Andy being one, he he!), it's very difficult to carry out a meaningful conversation. From my very small experience in chat rooms it seems you always end up having people carrying out different conversations, so the dynamics are difficult to get. By the time you type a 2-line reply, the topic or the focus has already changed twice. Is there an instruction manual for good chats?

Yeah, Shdowgod has been listed for two hours and he's never in when I get there. I went there this morning (last night for you people GMT -5 to 8), and though it's fun (there were 6 people, Andy being one, he he!), it's very difficult to carry out a meaningful conversation. From my very small experience in chat rooms it seems you always end up having people carrying out different conversations, so the dynamics are difficult to get. By the time you type a 2-line reply, the topic or the focus has already changed twice. Is there an instruction manual for good chats?

HAHAHA, I may have forgotten to close the browser window from when i was in last night...

Yeah, Shdowgod has been listed for two hours and he's never in when I get there.

I think he just decided to use the empty chat room so he could talk to himself. 0:)

HAHAHA, I may have forgotten to close the browser window from when i was in last night...

Actually, you are still showing as logged in, and "there", over 12 hours later, but not there in chat, just on the board index. Very strange. Could you have a window open and minimized somewhere? Maybe try shutting all windows, logging out, then back in?

Actually, you are still showing as logged in, and "there", over 12 hours later, but not there in chat, just on the board index. Very strange. Could you have a window open and minimized somewhere? Maybe try shutting all windows, logging out, then back in?

That problem has been around for agea as far as I can tell. I think it was Lugh who used to show up as in chat for days, maybe even a week at a time.