[dkstories] Let's Do It, Chapter 12

Loving the story as ever. It's really great to be reading the same idea as the others, but from a different perspective. Especially with the way that in the last three we've got to see Brian's reaction each time, but I love how Davey's reaction is very different. Loving looking at Davey from Brian's perspective as well, really learning a lot more about the two of them that I hadn't in the past three stories.

One thing that worries me a little is that last paragraph. That seems like an indicator of bad things to come...

LOVE the chapter Dan! :2thumbs: Of course I understand the wariness in Brian's parents' because......well, I would too. Honestly? I was quite afraid too when Brian's mom said that she didn't know if she can accept Brian's explanation. But I'm glad to read that she finally did accept. :) But I still don't understand why Brian told his parents about himself and the time travel so early....I mean, it wasn't like Davey actually told his family until his grandpa pretty much took it out of him......

Anyway, I find the last sentence ominous... Life was good. I hope it' snot a harbinger of something bad will happen :)

Cheers!

Rad

One thing that worries me a little is that last paragraph. That seems like an indicator of bad things to come...

Puhlease... the indicator of bad things to come is even before that...

"By dkstories"

/ducking

Yeah, the Do Over stories are awesome. I'm really captivated by each story that comes out. I'm constantly hitting the refresh button hoping another story will have appeared. The Do Over series is my favorite. I read and enjoyed the Dawn of Tears story very much also but I felt it needed a better ending. The stories have such a wide range of emotions from anger, sadness, bliss. I get tense reading the scary parts with evil religious zealots (cause I know such people really do exist).

I'm a computer science grad student in Hawaii. Love the stories, can't wait for the movie!

-Robert

"By dkstories"

/ducking

You might want to sleep on the couch tonight...I might have a bad dream or two and accidently knock you on the floor...

Great chapter, and the Hawaii trip sounds like fun!

I have to admit, I'm highly surprised/suspicious that Brian's parents and Davey accepted the time/travel story. Maybe the O-rings comment that Davey related clinched the deal?

Or, are they just playing along until they call in the men with nets?

As in "the sky is about to fall". :lol:

"By dkstories"

/ducking

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

School had been getting very hectic the last couple of weeks with mid-terms and preparing for the ASVAB. I also had a make-up testing of the SAT tests coming up in April, but during the trip I was able to not worry about that.

What's an ASVAB? Is this one of those state-administered tests that makes no sense to a non-Californian, akin to the New York Regents, which I only know about because of all my New Yorker relatives?

--Rigel

ASVAB= Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery

A series of tests the military offers to High School students starting in their sophomore year. It scores the "Aptitude" of a student in various military fields. It includes a basic english compoment, math, etc. plus things like coding, tools, basic mechanics, etc. Overal scores, and scores on various components of the test are used to determine the aptitude of a student in various military fields. The national average hovers around an overall score of 55. Someone scoring markedly higher than that can expect a lot of calls from military recruiters.