Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

davewri

Members
  • Posts

    1,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by davewri

  1. davewri

    Chapter 39

    Looks like JJ will suffer the most, no more private jets for a while. I remember air traffic was stopped for a very long time. The whole family will be stuck in place for days. Maybe now a lot of time for the family to resolve a lot of issues. Glad to see Nana back in the story.
  2. Mark in all of his infinite wisdom chose Robbie. It hurts us because we see these characters as real people we have grown to know. I hope this fork in the road does not lead to reading very much coming from JJ. Of all the characters in this saga, JJ does not appeal to me.
  3. You brought me to tears. I knew it was coming and I couldn't stop reading. You are a truly gifted writer. I did not personally know anyone that was involved, but these characters affected me as if I really did know them. Job well done!
  4. Senator Danfield was not on my list of possible casualties, but he earned his place. Molesting his son and cheating on his wife............ None of the "good guys" have perished yet. I hope for the best.
  5. davewri

    Chapter 36

    I remember that it was a beautiful, clear day here in Atlanta. I had just opened our store when a lady pulled quickly into our parking lot, almost jumping the curb. "Do you have a television?" she screamed. "I need to get to a television now." Turns out she was a reporter for Associated Press and heard on her car radio about the first plane hit. We had a little crummy portable black and white 9" TV that I turned on for her about the time the second plane hit. Months later I realized I had watched for hours on a tiny black and white TV, never looked to see if there was a better set anywhere close by.
  6. History is written by both the winners and the losers. The version that survives is usually created by the winners and might be exaggerated in favor of the victor. It's human nature to boast of our success and minimize or failures. Granger is most always going to be on the winning side.
  7. davewri

    Chapter 34

    I vividly remember everything about that Tuesday and absolutely nothing about the Monday before. I might have to take some sort of medication before reading the actual chapter when it is posted. Seems like everyone is already upset even before the main event. Anxiety! I know it's coming and I know it will be powerful. Music like the theme from JAWS is slowly building in the background.
  8. To follow on what rjo has pointed out. Mark has written this story so well we slip into his web and react to these characters as real people. I will continue to read and accept this story as true and the characters are real until proven otherwise.
  9. davewri

    Chapter 62

    With one hand full of gold and the other full of lanolin...................
  10. davewri

    Chapter 33

    Oh how I love it when Mark turns up the dials on tension and drama. What has happened to Stef? I thought Will and Stef were very close, but now Stef has become an idiot. Brad did not grant Will's emancipation, the court decided it. Brad will have to prove the judge was in error, so that is not going to happen. Just the attempt by Brad to revoke emancipation will cause a huge shift in the entire family dynamic. Brad and Stef are not going to win on this issue. Will is the golden boy and JP can call Brad and Stef's bluff. It's only going to get better the closer we get to the big day.
  11. I believe Will did the smart thing by leaving and refusing to continue the fight. I have been thru a few very emotional situations that could have ended better if one of us had walked away. Brad has painful memories of his own teen years and doesn't want Will to be "out of control". But Brad does not seem able to maintain the needed self discipline to talk calmly to Will. It can be seen as hypocrisy to tell some one not to do the same things they have done. It can also be seen as wisdom to share your past mistakes and what you learned from them. It may seem that Will is wise beyond his years on many things, but he is still a kid in most things.
  12. davewri

    Chapter 61

    How clever of Granger to have gold coins hidden in his coat. The uncouth French will take everything else but the clothes the British are wearing. That gold will get Granger on his way sooner than the other poor souls who have been captured. Mark, Thanks again for the two stories you are writing.
  13. davewri

    Chapter 31

    We are soon to see how much Will has matured this year as he deals with this problem. Doubt he will use power tools to destroy Marie's shoes. Any thoughts that Marie is the source of the STD? Mark, thanks again for this series. I look forward to every chapter.
  14. davewri

    Chapter 30

    A lot has happened in Will's life since he was last in a school setting. It should be interesting to see how he handles the circus of teen angst that fills his high school. Somehow we know Will can turn things around to his advantage. There will always be people in his life that are jealous and it certainly looks like the green envy monster has taken hold of Marie. She better be prepared to do battle with a superior combatant.
  15. davewri

    Chapter 29

    Will has been living in his personal bubble. It's all about Will, all the time. Thanks to Eric to clue him in on some of the real world. I think Eric might turn out to be one of the good guys. Marie is a jealous, spiteful little spoiled rich bitch who is out to bring Will down. Perhaps Marie will be in New York for the commitment ceremony.
  16. davewri

    Chapter 26

    I am trying so hard to remember these are fictional characters in a story. They are not real people. Howerver, I am preparing myself for the upcoming tragedy that will probably hurt someone we all care about. If the events are written as well as "The Battle of the Nile" , we will all be crying.
  17. davewri

    Chapter 57

    Mark, Thank you for the quick posting of the battle's conclusion. I suppose you also could use a good night's sleep. We all appreciate the incredible work you put into this story.
  18. davewri

    Chapter 56

  19. davewri

    Chapter 54

    Be still my heart. Finally we get to the good stuff I have been waiting for. I just read the "Battle of the Nile" article in Wikipedia, this is a major turning point in history. Granger on board with Nelson - it doesn't get any better than this. Mark you are my hero! I can already hear "Heart of Oak" in the background.
  20. davewri

    Chapter 53

    Now that Circumnavigation is complete, the burden of cliffhanging shifts to Mark Arbour. Way to go, Mark. You almost made me late to work this morning.
  21. davewri

    Chapter 23

    Just a thought. Will probably needs a fulltime caretaker for his new house. He can't leave an estate empty when he goes back to California. kai's family could live in the guest cottage Several problems solved..... Of course we can never predict the future with Mark!
  22. davewri

    Chapter 21

    Will has yet to find his "soul mate". It possibly could be Kai, or possibly not yet. Tony has put himself on Will's list of people that cum and go. The hours that Kai are away seem like the second shift at a place that operates 24/7. Kai seems very punctual about the time. Hustlers don't punch time clocks. (Yes, I have known a few professionals). Everything is going a little too good for Will, so we should get ready for a few bumps in the road. This kind of excellent writing has me checking my computer obsessively for the posting of the next chapter.
  23. davewri

    Chapter 49

    Granger excused himself and went up on deck to endure the weather, which was but a fragment of the storm inside him. Once again we a treated to your most excellent writing skills. That last sentence was truly masterful, from the pen of an artist. Granger lives in a world of intrigue where nothing is actually as it may appear. Thank you for your writing of this epic.
  24. davewri

    Chapter 18

    "There was nothing terribly exciting going on in the world at this moment. It seemed, oddly enough, to be a relatively quiet period in history." I'm thinking we should all be prepared. If your writing about 9.11 is as good as I anticipate, we are all in for something truly emotional. You are such a good story teller and we mortals marvel at your talent. Thank you!
  25. davewri

    Chapter 17

    Let's think about this. Building a new family compound in Hawaii could have all the key players a very long distance from the Twin Towers of New York. Not that we could ever anticipate the devious mind of Mark Arbour. Will had a smart idea making the purchase of the house dependent on 'adult' approval. This kid is no dummy, he saw potential in a great new house and laid claim to it. Possibly Wade will inherit from JP, but I see Will getting the bulk of Steff's estate.
×
×
  • Create New...