-
Posts
271 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Joseph OHara
-
A very pleasant love story without the intense drama that many insist on having. I highly recommend you reading it as it renders comfort with just a little bit of drama. Happy reading!
-
A little bit of excitement this time with the incoming. To be honest I prefer to leave the excitement out and as I sure as heck don't lose any of our six friends. Every chapter I read I thank God that I was never in the Marines. After reading this and realizing it is probably quite accurate I would have been a real mess if I had been there. @Tony S., you certain know how to paint a picture of life in Afghanistan in the service. It is so realistic that it's scary.
-
It looks like Levi is beginning to forgive himself and is also gaining acceptance from a wider circle of the town. Father Costas is a big help in settling his mind as well. Luke's tender compassion is also most helpful. @Mark Ponyboy Peters, you continue to give us a great story, that is well written, and cleanly presented. Your continued entertainment for us of a high quality, is much appreciated. Thank you!
- 43 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
I always enjoy the dialog between the men. It's quite humorous and very revealing of the character's personality. @Tony S., you continue to do a great job, giving us interesting dialog and situations. Thank you for your clean and easy to read prose.
-
The really tough part is here for Levi now. Starting over from zero is always tough. Just like his driving log that was lost, so much trust and faith among the people in involved has been lost too. @Mark Ponyboy Peters, this is a great character study and so well written. Thank you for posting regularly and also presenting us with clean well written text that's a joy to read.
- 43 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
The Search And Contact
Joseph OHara commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Search And Contact
Thank you my friend! We need to keep the better authors pumping out more stories and chapters.- 60 comments
-
- 11
-
-
The Search And Contact
Joseph OHara commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Search And Contact
Come on Lee, don't wuss out on us. Go for at least a dozen.- 60 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
The Search And Contact
Joseph OHara commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in The Search And Contact
I love it! You are writing another winner, Lee. I can't wait to see chapters three through 100. LOL Thanks again for the wonderful entertainment you always provide. I can't wait for the next post.- 60 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Oh Lord! another character I've fallen in love with has disappeared far too soon. Just at a point I was hungry for so much more It all ended. I loved what was there but all I wished was for more. Mark you are what fascinating person. How do you expect minds of the normal human to carry your story rendering further in their imagination than you can? Have pity on us mere humans. Sneak in an epilog that we can see if we want or ignore if we wish. With your stories we eat and eat but save room for dessert and just as we reach for it you snatch it away. This was a wonderful short story but I was ready for a minimum of 10 more chapters. You did a fantastic job with it but my simple imagination is having trouble with an ending. Thank you so much for entertaining us but please have a little mercy on us. FOLLOW THIS AUTHOR OR BE FOREVER SORRY!!
-
It's really tough when the facade drops that reality hits. All of Kent's suppressed emotions hit all at once and it's tough. @Tony S., you really know how to drag us in to the story. You continue to do a great job. Keep up the good work!
-
What what really makes your stories special is the way you sneak in the supernatural without it appearing to be science fiction or fantasy. Granted it is but it becomes a subtext instead of the main point and it's accepted as being fact within the dark crevices of our brains as we read along. Most of your stories seem to have this woven through the plot which keeps one interested on multiple levels and then you reinforce it with historical facts that allow one to overlook the fictional characteristics of the supernatural things that weave through the story. To make a long story short instead of blathering on as i seem to be doing, your stories fascinate me instead of just merely entertain me. Thank you so much! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOLLOWING THIS AUTHOR!!
-
- 2
-
-
Levi's, true strength is coming through. He has just taken the first step in the rest of his life. This is a great story, @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Thank you for a wonderful plot and the enjoyment we gain from it. You are much appreciated as a writer.
-
This is the most remarkable love story I've ever read. Aside from just a boy meets boy the boy does boy, boy kisses boy story, this is a story with a true plot and tonnes of emotion. I have Irish heritage so this might have meant more to me than many. I had to read this in one day or I could not have slept.
-
A world class love story. Thank you so much for this is wonderful tale!
-
It's hard to read at times as it was quite distressing in places. The plot was certainly riveting.
-
Finally Levi found his backbone again. He's standing up to his own weaknesses and the dominance of those who want to pull him away from what he should really be doing. I'm proud of Levi. Great Chapter! Very realistic and a wonderful read. Thank you @Mark Ponyboy Peters!
- 22 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Overall a great story. It could use a little bit of editing and the ending was pretty abrupt but I still recommend it.
-
It appears Kent's relationship with Randy is easing into another level. While Kent's love for his twin brother is strong society would never accept it so it's better that he starts considering another direction. Once again remarkable writing. I discovered when I was finished with the chapter my ankle was actually stiff. Talk about empathizing with a character. LOL @Tony S., your writing continues to be beautiful and so easy to read. Thank you again for the entertainment you provide us with your wonderful plots and smooth presentation.
-
Discovery And Banishment
Joseph OHara commented on Lee Wilson's story chapter in Discovery And Banishment
Hey Lee, looks Like it'll be an interesting story. I'm eager to see chapter two. I always enjoy your smooth writing and error free presentations that you combine with good plots. This one intrigues me for sure. Go chapter two!- 53 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
Great story with many twists and turns.
-
This took a minute for me to realize where it was going but it ended up being a fabulous story which I highly recommend.
-
It appears that all the Thompsons are pretty much the same. They're not upstanding citizens but at different degrees of wrong. Levi's moment of weakness is coming back to bite him in the butt. You've set up this dilemma beautifully. Now we'll find out if Levi has the courage to own up to the problem. I believe he does but it might take some time. @Mark Ponyboy Peters, you have staged tis well. Now we find Levi's character which I think will come forth in a positive way. Thanks for posting regularly and presenting us with such clean text that is easy to read and literate.
- 42 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Well, @Tony S., it looks like the peace before the storm to me. I hope I am wrong. I still dread losing any of the six. Another .well written chapter Reading your stories it's such a pleasant experience. They move along a a comfortable pace and entertain without frustrating and causing tension. Even though they're at war in Afghanistan reading them is like a day in the country. Thank you for the entertainment!
-
Chapter 10: A chance too late!
Joseph OHara commented on vanalas's story chapter in Chapter 10: A chance too late!
@vanalas, this is the first story I've read that was written by you and I must say I'm amazed. You did an excellent job, not just with a plot line. You presented a story that was well proof read, well written, and most enjoyable. I intend to read a few more now and see how they came together as well. As I said you're an excellent writer and I thank you for the entertainment. Good going! -
I was a little concerned when Randy went off on the recovery mission without the rest of his patrol. It turned out all right that we came back with no problems. I'm always thinking that one of the 6 is going to get killed at some point I would really hate for that to happen. @Tony S., you always provide us with a smooth plot line and enjoyable reading. Thank you so much for your excellent work!
