Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,517
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. No. We have the wisdom that comes with a life dealing with imps like you.
  2. Yeah, Spike. Isn't more like an every other day thing?
  3. Yeah, the visual has a effect on a person.
  4. Not sure I want to think of them turning their squirtguns on one another.
  5. Yeah nong of my nong. Please let's not use squirt and Drew in the same sentence.
  6. As if you ever required my permission to do anything. However, since you seem to be in an accepting mood ... you have my permission to park your bare arse on a prickly pear cactus.
  7. That's what we keep saying. Glad you finally admit it.
  8. Of course not, that's why you're the nong and I'm the lung.
  9. Mum was released from hospital late this afternoon. She is home, weak and tired but home.
  10. Oh, I thought I thought it was a Bowhead Whale
  11. Not here in SC. Family is all back north. We do however have very good friends and neighbors here.
  12. Though Mum has improved, I've decided we're staying here rather than going to PA. The Nurse Caseworker brought me info on local hospice prodviders.
  13. I am so tired ... She seemed better yesterday when I first got to the hospital but then slipped. Brightened a bit when two of her neighbors came to visit in the afternoon and give me a chance to slip out to have lunch. After that she slept and slipped. Her bp dropped significantly towards the evening and stayed low. It cameto the point they became concerned and were taking active steps to boost it when I left for night. I had a long phone call with my youngest step sister when I got home. I'm now trying to decide if it would be better to just stay here in SC if/when she is released rather than go to PA. If we go she'll likely never come back to her home here. It will depend on how well she recovers. I'm leaning on just staying here and hoping for one more Christmas. I am so very tired ...
  14. Wool socks ... er, uh ... or maybe mittens.
  15. Thanks y'all. It's the wee dark quiet before dawn. Slept about 4 hrs then was awake for too long before falling back into a fitful sleep for an hour or so.
  16. So she has been admitted to the ICU with a critically low sodium level and a uti. Both of which are serious conditions in the elderly. Both of which are treatable. She will probably remain in hospital for a few days. I felt horrible when it came time to leave this evening but I wasn't prepared to stay the night with her. All my meds were packed for the trip and here at the house. I hadn't eaten since morning and needed to eat something ;fyi, McD's Crispy Tenders suck if they're not fresh. She knew where she was and why but was confused and stressed. Her bp was running high and her heart rate was elevated beyond the pacemaker setting. I'll go back early tomorrow morning and spend as much time as possible.
  17. So instead of starting the trip north we're in the er at the local hospital while they evaluate mum. Today is 10 years since my step-dad died. Not fun telling my step-sibs where we are.
  18. They're working from your outline and notes.
  19. Don't get snarky with me nong. I ain't yer bitch, er, uh, Drew.
  20. Uhm, that's not an elf, that's a kitty ...
  21. Eh, you elves all look the same too me.
×
×
  • Create New...