-
Posts
6,521 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
I'll give the gist of what Faxity said, 'Happy Birthady to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear French Canadian, Happy............'. Sound familliar? I am really late with mine but mean it just as much. French Canadian Sandrewn
-
I made a promise to myself to (try and) be a nicer person. You are my first step. Its late, but sincerly ment and the 24th made it a double celebration, congrats and best wishes. Rustle
-
The British only recaptured the island in November of 1798. I don't think there would have been time to set up anything too sophisticated. Perchance, O'brian and a small cabal of like minds stumbled across something already on going. There is nothing I could find historically on any such doings going on there at that time. The Regiment and its Col appeared spotless up to this point. Having said all this, let us wait and see what Mr Meurice is able to find out and go from there. Anything that would not change history or a destined outcome and since we need filler in this quiet time period? Well, Mark is rather good at making things up(creative writing), to suit the occation. A bit off topic, while I was looking through the 89th history, I came across the following. It brought to mind something from Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series. When Richard Sharpe requested to lead the forlorn hope at the siege of Badajoz. At the siege on Malta, the 89th Regiment Of Foot was assigned role as the forlorn hope, the "first ones in the breach". To everyone's surprise the Ensign was happily going to be the first man in the breach. He knew it was a cetain death sentence but he was doing it for his regiment and his country. As he ran into the breach in the northwestern wall he gave a "GOD SAVE THE KING!". Ensign William Moore was killed when he set foot into the breach, but inspired by his brave charge, the rest of the men followed suit and played a major role in the taking of Malta. -Journal From Captain Thomas Clayworth, Officer In The 89th.
-
Thank you for no 1 and now no 2 and for the anticipation of seeing a no 3 in the future. The first took place around the galaxy, the second mostly on board ship. Both left nothing to be desired, except of course the arrival of no 3. Thank you.
-
I realize as George goes up in rank it is becoming harder to create chapters for him. With the advent of the new century and the sparse pickings to choose from, I am still confident you will find ways to regale us, we your followers. This was a great chapter, thank you.
-
So with no ships to fight (French, Spanish or Dutch) and the Bey of Oran still rebuilding, it looks like George had no option but to find something else, smuggling won't you know. I don't think the 89th as a whole is involved, nor its Col (unless Mark says so), a small group with Capt O'Brian, possibly in cahoots with the guild and maybe even known to Lady Elgin. Okay, that last one might be a stretch. She does only have here and the next port of call left, to pull something off. In that case, some blood, the odd casualty, but please don't off any of the midshipmen. I wonder if Iggy will be at the last port of call and if he is involved in any way? Trust Mark to add some new excitement in addition to all the on going intrigue.
-
Libra Daily HoroscopeYou have a talented and impressive personality which will get highlighted in front of everyone today – including both your well-wishers and people opposing you! Pay heed to the advice of the former ones and ignore the rest. Your elders will be there in your support and will guide you well to regain your focus on certain very crucial goals of your life. Wishing you the Best of Birthdays today . As a fellow Libran I take horoscopes with a grain of salt, but yours seems apropos today.
-
For one week in 76, I was a patient in the Polish hospital in Ismailia, Egypt. I was surprised to find out that they had four meals a day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. Breakfast and dinner the main ones, lunch and supper more like snacks. I never had the munchies while there, now that was food for thought.
-
Her agenda is now known and Lord Elgin will now be his ally. Since history says he got to his embassy posting, I guess will they succeed. However there are still two ports of call to go, what does she have up her sleeve? The guild is international and not without resources. Great chapter, thank you.
-
Make that Five ports of call, four British and one Spanish. Timing is everything and Cardona was just what the doctor ordered. Hopefully it will last him until Marks next surprise (hint). I wonder if he will tell Lord Elgin what he did, I doubt that she will. Will this finally change her? With this kind of writing, I don't need guns a blazing all around me, more please. Well done, thank you.
-
I didn't see any softening in that letter, it seemed a courteous, straight forward business correspondence. Time heals all (so they say), let us hope. O'Hara was as sharp as ever and ever so glad he heeded Grangers' warning. I don't think Lady Elgin is capable of changing. I wonder if Lord Elgin will ever get a grip on her. So, two ports of call down, two to go. Great chapter, thank you.
-
I can't see Granger volunteering to revisit any of those places just to verify an attitude change. One port of call down, three to go. One ambassador well roasted and crisped. The voyage shortened by two days. Lady Elgin thwarted once more. A masterful chapter, without the need of a naval battle to liven it up. Great chapter, thank you.
-
Well now the Elgins know what the new game is and the rules that go with it. George has shut her down at every turn so far, what else can she think of to do, I don't think she will stop until she is dead or gone home. Another Col from his past, who is next (who is left)? His warning of danger from his enemies, this just keeps getting better! Great chapter, thank you.
-
Rich, richer and richer still, will his luck hold out? Time will tell (but I think so). Avila and Rameriz, indeed a small world and a chance to send letters off to the brothers. If wasn't for his resident harpy, what a grand voyage this could be. What will George do to/with her now? Great chapter, thank you.
-
The reverend to his left, the professor to his right and Lady Elgin in his face, oh joy. A possible sea action, to Granger must seem like manna from heaven and a chance to get all three of them out of his hair. With three other British frigates and their captians junior to him, he gets to play Commodore once more. Add to this Col Vila on board one of the Dons, sounds like booty(oops thats for pirates) I mean prize money a plenty for all (again), tally-ho! Great chapter, thank you.
-
The battle has been won, the terms of surrender laid out. Will Caroline abide with them? With his rear hopefully secured, forward now to the impending voyage. Already, a first skirmish has occurred ending with a favorable result. What will the enemy ( A.K.A. Lady Elgin ) try next? Great chapter, thank you.
-
Phase one of the battle plan accomplished, with a satisfying success and no casualties. Now the first salvo has been fired and the main objective engaged. A really great chapter, thank you.
-
So we have a battle plan in place. Will it stand the test of time? History shows it is always something you that didn't foresee which will sneak up and bite you in the ass. So, first Cavendish then Caroline. The game is afoot. Great chapter, thank you.
-
Finally, the answer to what the hell happened. This explains Cavendish's avoiding of him, but what of Arthur? Curse that old demon drink. It would seem that Caroline was the one who initiated this tryst, but what could possibly have motivated her, inquiring minds want to know. So Treadway is off the hook, Caroline appears to have damned herself and can he ever forgive Cavendish or should he? More please! Great chapter, thank you.
-
The King, the prince and the duke are happy, even the crew seem content (except for a nervous Treadway). Only George appears to be adrift. Now that he has met the Elgins, he knows his problem with wives is far from over. It is great that he could take William on board for the trip to Portsmouth. Great chapter, thank you.
-
The defiance of Caroline to not tell him, brings to mind that in those days being 'Lord of the Manor' meant exactly that. What could be so terrible (especially after a child) that she will not tell him and risk the marriage, yet again. What is going on with Cavendish and Arthur? Now to add to it all, he seems to misplaced the King. Great chapter, thank you.
-
Dave Unlike Mark, I'm so late, I missed the party. All the same I hope your Birthday Day was all you wished for. All my best. Sandrewn May you live a long life Full of gladness and health With a pocket full of gold As the least of your wealth May the dreams you hold dearest Be those which come true May the kindness you spread, Keep returning to you.
-
Hi y'all. I'm back (for about two hours). Since time is short, I am making a hard copy of all that I have missed. I will try to review and post on all of it. I don't know exactly when I'll be able to pass them on to GA. What the heck is going on here? The likes for each chapter are great, the corresponding number of reviews not so much so. The posts (our back bone) have taken a nose dive, very depressng. So this is a token post. I have enjoyed a few ( well ok, maybe more than a few ) tots in the past. Here is something I found on its history: http://readyayeready.com/tradition/tot-history.htm The following I can really attest to ( big time ): For those who can remember back to their camp firesongs, this is a clean one ( sort of ): This last one, was sort of how I felt when I saw the recent feedback to our beloved Bridgemont series. I apologize in advance for the language. I just felt really poopy about it all: See you all, I don't know when, take care. Please, post and review. Bye for now.
-
Had to come back for the author that brought me to this site. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Mark.
-
Amen
