Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Claiming innocence doesn't work around here.
  2. I was terrified when I posted my first chapter. I had no idea how to do it, and I only had Wordpad... so no actual word processor. It ended up being one big block of text, but readers didn't seem to mind. I learned a lot fast, and am still learning. I have so much stuff partly written as well... so many docs just sitting there, including a rather well thought out sci fi that will probably never see the light of day. I was letting writing take up too much of my life, and I have learned there are times my brain and fingers need a break.
  3. That said, Cards and others never would have happened if I hadn't written from the seat of my pants back then.
  4. Now, I always complete a story before posting. I learned my lesson.
  5. I wrote my first chapter ever (Cards on the Table) in seven hours of non-stop writing. I had no editor, and posted it before I could change my mind and lose my courage. I also wrote the next bunch of chapters and posted them at a really fast rate. I remember Carlos PMing me and giving me shit for making him and others look bad for slower posting. He was just kidding... I think. Actually, I was never really sure. I miss Carlos.
  6. Good day, all. Sending love to Craig.
  7. Another comedian, eh? You'll fit in nicely. Welcome, Lee!
  8. Liam Payne of One Direction dead at 31, from a fall from a third story balcony.
  9. Tough days and sadness are a part of life, but that doesn't make it easier to cope. Be well, my friends.
  10. Yes, Lee, it really does. Such a nice man who has gone through so much. I still hope for a miracle...
  11. I understand why it resonated with you, empath. That simple line has power, and the invisible child is a real thing. I've seen it in hockey families, and in competitive horse families. They learn to cope, but it takes a toll to be shunted aside. Thanks for bringing me back to this story, and thanks for for leaving a comment. It is truly appreciated. Cheers! Gary....
  12. Oh, jeez. I was not expecting this... such a sweet man and good friend. I will hope and pray he will rally, but if he doesn't, I will never forget him and his immense kindness. Just awful to hear this.
  13. Brought in four of my hanging basket roses so as to get more time from them with frost on its way. They look amazing. Two are deep orange and two are deep red.
  14. Cool day today. Only 11C. Brrrrr. I can't walk anyway because of my toe. I am attempting constraint and patience. Wish me luck.
  15. Headstall

    Chapter 2

    I agree... and more interesting for it. Just a suggestion... quote the comment you are responding to so the poster will know you replied, in his/her notifications.
  16. Hello, my friends.
  17. He's too short to climb out of it.
  18. Headstall

    Chapter 2

    A lovely new chapter. Thank you, Albert. They may come from very different backgrounds, but it would seem they have found their other half. Some very sweet moments in this one, my friend. Kudos to you and your team.
  19. Nah, he's always been like this.
×
×
  • Create New...