Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,285
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. That comfort was there almost from the start, but it is building as they spend more time together. I really like writing these two... as well as they get along, they are quite different from each other. Thank you, my friend. Glad you found lots to love in this one. Cheers!
  2. Thank you, Albert! That makes me happy. A story needs to build, with each chapter bringing us further into the world of the characters. I enjoyed the dialogue between them. There is an awkwardness here and there that is typical of new friendships, and neither men retreats from it. Together, they seem fun loving, and that was a joy to write. I like making Jubal happy, even if only for short moments. I don't think we've seen Cupid... at least not yet. Happy to hear you liked the descriptions. I worked hard on them because much of it is done through conversation because it was nighttime. There was some definite staring for sure... and Monday will be here in no time, my friend.
  3. A perceptive comment, Kris. Something has made Jubal wary to the point he has no trust in himself. I don't think he's had a happy life outside of the time spent with Vincent. It's especially nice he has the memories he does, and doesn't resent Vincent's choices. These men have developed an easy friendship rather quickly, and that is something that happens to many of us... we click with certain people from the start. I think Jubal would do his best to protect that at all costs. He's let his walls down some, but I believe we can sense there is a limit. We'll see if that changes. Thanks for the great comment, my friend. Cheers!
  4. Jubal's neck? Hmmm. Whatever do you mean? Lol... all will be revealed in good time. As far as Lucas, is he just naturally this way? Some people have an easier time giving compliments... but yeah, how many 'handsomes' does he need to use? There is a history between Reid and Lucas, and I think Jubal is wondering about it. He doesn't trust any perceptions he might have, though, and that speaks to his own history. Thanks, Doc. I hope you enjoyed this longerer chapter. Cheers!
  5. Lol. Yeah, there is not much left to their imaginations as far as the attractions go. Still, it might be better to see them in daylight... although silvered by moonlight is good too. I don't believe Jubal has any idea what he will do. His life has turned upside down, but that might not be such a bad thing. He seems to be a man who has had to adapt, and this is just another one of those times. Thank you, my friend.
  6. I sometimes think longer chapters help a reader engage more, so it was my pleasure to provide this one, buddy. I just had to work a little bit to combine the two chapters into one. I'm so happy you can picture the 'lay of the land'. It's especially nice you can picture the cabin and feel like you're there. I hope that is the case, that you continue to feel you are there with them. Thanks for the encouragement, Man... it is appreciated. Cheers!
  7. Yes I do know u.
  8. I totally missed this. Guess I have to pay more attention. Thanks, @Cia, and thanks to those who left comments... @dughlas @raven1 @George Richard , and those who read or revisited this little story... much appreciated. Cheers!
  9. Lay of the Land A mile out of town, Lucas took the road to the left. It be the same one they came in on, but this north side was narrower, seeming more of a trail than anything. Still, it was good and packed down and the buckboard rode easy. A few minutes later, Lucas pointed to the right. “That be the way to the sawmill what sits on the East River, north of where we crossed it.” “Is it far?” “Barely fifteen minutes from here if’n you’re traveling slow, and it’s
  10. Funny how that works, isn't it?
  11. Sounds very non u.
  12. Thank you, Kris! It means a lot to hear you say that. I did leave them in a good place. But, I do hope to tie up all the loose ends a little better someday. Three reads... that is awesome. If you haven't yet, please leave a story like and a story recommendation in the box provided so it can stir up some more interest in the story. Cheers, my friend.
  13. We have at least one holiday every month in Canada.
  14. Blimey.
  15. I decided to combine two chapters, so there is a double chapter coming today... since a few of you wanted it. Just working on it now.
  16. *groans* ... thought you were @Ivor Slipper for a second there.
  17. Glad you wandered back too, Tris. Lol to fishing hole. If you've read this chapter, you've caught up. Well, then there is today's chapter. Have a great day at work. Cheers!
  18. Hey, all! Had three of my kids and their partners and two of my grandchildren come yesterday afternoon and stay overnight. We played washer toss and badminton in the back yard, even in the dark because we had a birdie that lit up. I ordered three LARGE pizzas, and we had barbecue, a pumpernickel loaf and spinach dip, and desserts... and nacho chips and a homemade dip. I drank a whole bottle of red wine. They are all gone bow and the house is quiet, except for the little man with the little hammer in my head.
  19. Hey, Man. Having a busy morning.
  20. That must have been a relief!
  21. Thanks, Terry! I got another great review this morning for "Merry Christmas", a short story I wrote for an anthology. Wait... I think it was a prompt story... yeah....
×
×
  • Create New...