-
Posts
52,259 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Headstall
-
Lol. Hey, Kris! Yeah, body parts have already been exposed... but in all seriousness, it looks like Jubal has some heavy trust issues. Still, even he feels the bond growing between them. All we can do is wait and hope. Maybe we'll get another glimpse along the way. Thanks, buddy.
- 36 comments
-
- 18
-
-
-
-
-
Hey, centex! You're first one in. Jubal has really been fortunate to get Bean back. I think having one of his horses survive will help him deal with his guilt over Kema. We can see how principled he is... and so can Lucas... by his reaction to that forty dollars, and the idea of keeping the mare. As much as he thinks Lucas is decent, he might be even more so. I really like the kind of man he is, and yes, it would seem he has more issues than we have been pricy to. The sheriff is an unknown to us, but Lucas says he knows him, so we'll see. Lol. Yeah, I don't see Jubal wanting that shawl either. Not his style. No Dorothy, and the road isn't yellow brick, but there is a friendship forming... and trust is building. Cheers and thanks, my friend. I appreciate the support. Gary.
- 36 comments
-
- 18
-
-
-
Hey, all! Chapter three of "Bearpaw" is now up.
-
Ain't that the Drewth! Hey, B.
-
Yeah, well, you look thirty-one.
-
Bean It be damned hard work getting dead bodies up into the back of a high-sitting wagon when you ain’t never done it before. Jubal thought he could lift one by his lonesome, but soon found out different. Corpses don’t cooperate a’tall, and these were not small men. Once he and Lucas worked together, they got the foul job took care of, and the dead brothers—if that what they be—were soon covered with canvas and the gate put back in place. There was no avoiding the slippe
- 36 comments
-
- 93
-
-
-
-
-
Chapter 12 The Luck of the Draw
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 12 The Luck of the Draw
Lol. Colleen keeps her recipes close to her vest. Lovemaking scenes are necessary sometimes, but they are never easy. All I can ever do is show that it is about love as much as sex... even more so. Thanks for the kind words, buddy. -
Chapter 11 Playing For Real
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 11 Playing For Real
I loved writing that conversation, buddy. The first chapters were all about pain, but this one is about being vulnerable and sharing love. It is fulfilling to me as a writer. It's kind of amusing that Michael has to deal with new emotion called jealousy. Some people have no use for jealousy, but I believe it to be a genuine human emotion, and it has its place as long as it is dealt with maturely. I do like writings moms, that is true, and it's nice you see me as a master at it. Thanks, Albert! -
He's very skittish. He's the one cat (besides the old male) that I can't touch. I have touched him when he is eating with a bunch of cats, but he will slink away.
-
So, it looks like I am now down to just two cats. The tabby and white mom had disappeared now... something is picking them off, and all I have left is one young male who keeps crying nonstop, and the old male who can't see so never goes hunting. It's sad. I don't know what's picking them off, but they leave no trace. It could be coyotes, or that cougar that lives a few kilometers away... or possibly a big, nasty raccoon.
-
Looks delicious, and now I'm thinking of perogies covered with lots of bacon bits, fried onions, cheese, and butter.
-
Chapter 10 Playing a Game of Hearts
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 10 Playing a Game of Hearts
In my head they are real, and I do know them... inside out. This chapter is full on mushy, sappy, romantic, and sexy, and I make no apologies. For some it might be a little too sappy, but I don't care. I know what I like as a reader, and frankly, I was tired of searching for it... so I wrote it for myself. Glad you and I are on the same page, so to speak. It's nice that these men are finally on their same page. Thanks, my dear friend. That was a fun and enjoyable read for me. Cheers! -
This reminds me of our old washing machine. The wringer would pop up if you put too many clothes through it. I did all our laundry for those years my mother struggled.
-
Oh Lord! I can actually smell my mom's bread looking at this picture. Beautiful!
-
I'm not planning on it either. But, like you, who knows what might happen a week before deadline.
-
To still feel this way after five readings is amazing. I won't overanalyze this chapter... but I agree it is a very special one. I am proud to have reached this point and have it all work, so thanks especially for seeing the story was well though out. Lol... do I use that line too much? Maybe so. You're the best, my dear friend, and I appreciate you very much.
-
Hey, Sherye! This comment is awesome too! The shooting scene was short, but I'm so pleased to hear it had an impact... like a movie scene. We learned quite a bit through the dialogue in this chapter, but there is still so much more to learn. Glad you loved their talk, my friend. Thanks and cheers!
-
Chapter 8 Playing to Win
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 8 Playing to Win
Wow. I just did some technical fine tuning of this chapter, and man was I right back in it. This was the biggest challenge to my early writing career at that point, and I must say it works pretty well. While I feel sorry for both men, this could be the start to all the walls coming down. I feel exhausted mentally, but I'm glad you brought me back here, Albert. Thank you. -
Chapter 7 Changing the Rules
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 7 Changing the Rules
That was a big move by Kendall, to change plans. I don't know if Michael could have survived until Monday. I had tears too, buddy. It's an emotional situation they are in. Kendall has no idea what Michael is going through, but Michael has to handle this right. Kendall is going to have a hard time believing his longtime friend is gay. Yeah... fingers crossed. Thanks, Albert. You rock, as always. -
Thanks, guys.
-
Chapter 6 Double Solitaire
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 6 Double Solitaire
Rereading this was just as painful as always. I admire Kendall's courage form the first chapter, and I hate to see him flounder, but he is. Nothing is working for him. He had a plan, and his heart isn't cooperating at all. So he's angry, and he just took some of it out on the man he loves. It is an awful situation for him. We all know how Michael is feeling, but Kendall has no clue. Even Michael knows it would be a hard thing for him to accept after all this time. My heart breaks for both of them, but Michael has to suck it up. And I think he has. He's in pain, yes, but I doubt he will give up. Eating that cereal and taking Kendall's hoodie to bed says it all, doesn't it? Will love find a way? Thanks, buddy. I appreciate being brought back to this. Cheers! -
Thank you, dear friend. You never disappoint. I always aim for the chest area with readers. So happy you are already feeling love for these guys. Boone and Coy might be a tough act to follow, but a writer can hope, right? Well, we know a bath of some kind needs to happen. After all, the name of the chapter is "Stench" and these two will definitely be smelling powerful bad. As far as Bearpaw, there just might be an explanation for the name a ways along in the story. It was actually a name I briefly considered instead of Larkspur, but Larkspur seemed just to perfect to mess with. Some men back then didn't follow any codes, but some did, and Jubal is one of them... and Lucas thought he did the right thing by not shooting that thief in the back. But yeah, I agree a bullet in the ass would have been justified, especially for Kema's sake. I understand how Jubal feels about losing Kema. Some horse you just don't ever forget, and I have one in my paddock who is in her thirty-first year. One day she won't be here... she's already beating the odds... her mom passed at 27, which is a good age for a mare. I tell my kids I'm ready for ti, but I might be kidding them and myself. Thank you, sweet lady. Bearpaw Monday will be here soon. Cheers!
-
Chapter 5 Ace in the Hole
Headstall commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 5 Ace in the Hole
Aw, love the moon photo. At some point, I have to rewrite this chapter strictly from Michael's point of view, instead of hopping back and forth between his and Colleen's. At the time, I liked writing in omniscient POV, and I don't believe I was skilled enough to get this chapter across as a single POV. I am now, though, and I think it would read better. Anyway, this was a really important chapter, and I wondered if readers would find it believable if they had never experienced burying their feelings like many of us did. Turns out they did. You're right... Colleen is an amazing mom, and I loved writing her so much. So, Michael has finally let his true feelings out. That is a scary thing, but it is also a freeing thing. Denial wears you down, even subconscious denial. Where will he go from here? Thanks, buddy. -
-
I'm binging The Witcher, season three today. On episode six, but had to take a break to throw the ball for Cookie. She's very demanding.
