Jump to content

raven1

Author
  • Posts

    13,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raven1

  1. raven1

    Chapter 13

    I'm going with the water elemental. All the clues fit this conclusion, including the one given by the Elder when telling the mythology of lycans. It was either the elder or the alpha that mentioned that the eye colour was associated with something more ancient than the shifters. That would be an elemental. Considering all Ethan has done, that makes him a water elemental. Michael's fate, either exile or death rests upon his father who can no longer ignore Michael's psychotic nature that threatens the survival of the pack. He finds out as much as he can stand to know, then leaves the investigation to those he trusts after instructing them to find out what happens no matter the cost to Michael.
  2. raven1

    Chapter 12

    The chapter was a fun romp thru ancient mythology! I enjoyed reading it and had to laugh a few times at the imagination and research it took to create this Lycan POV of the ancient beliefs. Of course this could have been extended to almost any part of the world, but you wisely kept it focused. No that there are two wolves who suspect Ethan's true nature, I am hoping it will be revealed soon. I am not sure when, but suspect it will appear when there is the greatest need. I also suspect it will be a time of danger for Ethan, and that means Michael will somehow be involved. If Ethan is some other species than wolf, will his mating with Aiden change his animal? More questions without answers WolfM. I want some answers!
  3. raven1

    Chapter 11

    Very intriguing chapter. First we get the meeting with another gay couple who are different species from each other and not wolves. The horse ride was excellent and so romantic. The hike was what was very intriguing. Rising water droplets? Blue eyes? I wonder if Ethan has some power related to static electricity. Not a shifter power, but would be very helpful when in danger. I remember when they first touched there was a mention of the shock that passed between them. I want to know more! I am having a fun time reading this story. Thanks so much WolfM! This is one of my favourite places and your description reminded me of it. Ramona Falls in the Mt. Hood National Forest. Yes, the colours are just like this depending on the amount of sunlight and its angle.
  4. So typical. At least you've got a new gif.
  5. raven1

    Chapter 10

    I throughly enjoyed the beating Ethan gave the wolf when he and Aiden were attacked. It shows that Ethan is strong and has the will to protect both himself and Aiden. Alpha Stockdale showed why he is the Alpha of the pack. He made sure he know what happened, warned the offenders, then allowed Ethan to set their punishment. It didn't do Chris any good. He is just a slime ball and lackey to Michael. Tyler was definitely impress by Ethan's attitude and strength. May be something good has come from all of this. The blue eyes and amber eyes glowing solidly and not just flashing is an interesting new development. Looking forward to finding out what this means. I also wanted to compliment WolfM on the use of humour throughout the chapter. It lightened the mood and kept things from getting too dark.
  6. raven1

    Chapter 9

    The visit to the doctor did not provide any insight to Ethan's current situation. I do suspect that there is some hormonal condition involved that made it impossible for Ethan to be turned at the time. We do know that he has reached puberty, however, Ethan is described as 5'3" and very young looking like a very young teen and not 18 years old. Has the physical development of his body any thing to do with him not being turned by Michael's bite? The conversation between the two doctors is interesting. Caleb asked about blood tests on Michael, but doesn't admit to knowing it was Michael. Then, admitting he knew who had bitten Ethan, recommends caution about making blood tests on Michael. It is like Dr. Caleb knows something, but doesn't want to talk about it. I love the speculations in the comments. They are all very imaginative.
  7. raven1

    Chapter 8

    Allowing Ethan to take time to adjust to the new situation is a smart tactic for Aiden. Aiden can see that Ethan has to heal before he is confident and trusting enough to be turned. Michael seems to be full of hate as well as feeling entitled. He is so unlike his parents. His actions of drugging Aiden and trying to kill Ethan just because he could speaks of a deep and cruel state of mind. There is no doubt that Michael is dangerous and possibly a budding psychopath. It is fortunate that Ethan is staying with Casey's family.
  8. raven1

    Chapter 7

    I fell immediately in love with Rafe, Mary and Casey's brothers. They are such a warm, loving and accepting family. They did everything possible to make Ethan feel comfortable and welcome. I was a bit surprised that Aiden didn't insist on taking Ethan to meet Aiden's parents. Alpha is also a great character and thinks that maybe Ethan will be able to become a valued member of the pack. The pack meeting is going to be interesting. What will the community think about a human mate for one of their own in a gay relationship? Keep the great chapters coming!
  9. raven1

    Chapter 6

    Aiden does have some true friends. They are much like him and hold the beliefs he holds towards helping and protecting others. I love that they have accepted Ethan for more that just the fact Ethan is Aiden's mate. The humour and good natured fun in this chapter was very entertaining. I like the slow burn that is not cluttered with a lot of meaningless sex. When sex does arrive, it will be more meaningful and spectacular because it is not another jaded event. Great story that keeps me wanting to read more.
  10. raven1

    Chapter 5

    Ethan's reading and imagination have left him more open to accepting Aiden as a shifter. What is the main problem for him is not the wolf, but that the wolf may love him. This scares him, I believe, because Ethan has never felt that unconditional love from anyone. It will be difficult for him to accept, but at least it is something he wants to believe in. He will probably struggle with the idea that he is worthy of Aiden's love for a while. As one comment implied, there is potential for a lot of drama here.
  11. In other words, your mom is still asleep.
  12. Hi Drew! Had breakfast yet?
  13. raven1

    Chapter 4

    Aiden has his friends to assist him in tracking Ethan. They are very aware that their friend has found happiness in the human and a strong attraction. Since one of his friends is gay, I doubt that Aiden has any real problem with his own sexuality. When he finds Ethan, he realises that Ethan is his mate. I hope he listens to what Alpha Stockdale told him about turning Ethan. The Alpha told Aiden it was Aiden's decision to reveal and bring Ethan back if Aiden felt it was advisable, for any reason. The Alpha also told him to listen to his own wolf in making that decision. I do hope Aiden remembers to check with his wolf before doing anything else. Ethan is ready, but is Aiden?
  14. raven1

    Chapter 3

    There is an interesting dynamic to this chapter. Alpha Stockdale appears to be a fair and law abiding Alpha. He listens to the boys and knows that it is his own son who chose to disobey the laws, drug another wolf and led the attack on Ethan. He respects the leadership that Aiden shows by taking responsibility for the actions of the other wolves. He also understands that his own son is very flawed and definitely is not a leader. He listens to his advisors and tries to establish a punishment that is fair, and yet honours Aiden's acceptance of responsibility. It would also seem that Ethan's own beliefs have covered the fact that he does remember the shift. That is why the doctor thought that Ethan was unaware that he was attacked by shifters. This story continues to develop interesting and compelling characters. Well done!
  15. raven1

    Chapter 2

    It was a great chapter for finding out more about the black wolf, Aiden. Aiden and his wolf seem very in sync with each other, but at odd's with the other youth in the pack, especially Michael. The vicious attack on Ethan does not seem to be something other shifters or the Alpha of the pack condone. That is somewhat reassuring. Ethan my be OK, but the doctor thinks there is a chance he will be turned. Although Aiden has left him with the doctor, I think he may still be close and trying to observe Ethan. Aiden has an attraction and a deep need to protect Ethan. I do like the doctor. He tells it like it is, and doesn't mind telling off his friend the Alpha and advising the Alpha to control his pack, especially the Alpha's son Michael. I am definitely staying with this story!
  16. raven1

    Chapter 1

    I like the way this story begins with a walkabout by a young man who has just become of legal age. Ethan's past and the way he has survived it says a lot about his determination and resourcefulness. That he remains sensitive and unhardened after 3 years of living on the streets makes him a very compelling individual. Your description of the forests through which he wanders is beautifully written and sets the mood for the encounter with his wolf at the end. Very nice beginning.
  17. raven1

    Journal 20

    I have enjoyed reading this beautifully crafted story. Using the journal format allowed a very controlled and fluid pace. The dialogue allowed both a dominate POV for Chris, while providing insights to what other thought. Both the plot and characters were delicately balanced so that the story was neither oppressive or unrealistically happy. Thank you WolfM!
  18. raven1

    Journal 9

    It is spectacular and you will see a lot if you take the Mount Hood Loop as a weekend trip. However, I you love hiking, plan on spending a lot more time. There are many hikes thru a variety of forests. Paradise Park at the timberline of Mt Hood is like walking thru a huge Japanese garden. Hikes in the Columbia Gorge are also great. You might be interested in wind sailing on the Columbia or visiting Maryhill Museum. Great food and wines can be found in the area. I hope you get a chance to visit.
  19. raven1

    Journal 19

    Glacier Haus. This place has the best huckleberry pie!
  20. I'm checking out for the night. Going out with Aod to a neighbourhood gay bar. Been stuck inside and need to see someone/thing besides the walls of my condo. Have a great evening all! Whoops, make that morning.
  21. raven1

    Journal 18

    One HEA coming up! Great story!
  22. raven1

    Journal 18

    Chris is on the right track and not going to derail with Rory, the parents and his mini-pack of friends. Great chapter.
  23. raven1

    Journal 17

    I am glad that Chris's parents have changed and are supporting his mating with Rory. Chris is also doing a great job of accepting something he didn't believe in and reevaluating his own sexuality. I hope that Rory and Chris will be able to spend some time getting to know each other, and accept that Chris is not the person he was in the past. Hopefully, Chris will be able to convince Rory's dad that Chris is a changed man. I don't think that Chris's wolf will allow Chris to backslide. His wolf may have been passive, but I think that is not the case now.
  24. Hi Albert! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I do hope it will pass soon and what ever it is will be very mild. Take care of yourself.
  25. raven1

    Journal 16

    When WolfM mentioned the scent, I knew it could not be anyone Chris has met before. Rory being a male doesn't seem to have any problems with the idea. His father, however does. I suspect that Chris will have to do even more to prove his changes are permanent and his value to the pack is positive. Great chapter! I am glad that love has arrived for Chris and Rory.
×
×
  • Create New...