Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

raven1

Author
  • Posts

    13,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raven1

  1. raven1

    Journal 1

    It is interesting to start the series with a prequel rather than the first book. I am looking forward to how this will interface with the following stories. Nice start.
  2. raven1

    Aido Potato

    Aiden is such a charismatic character and a marvellous manipulator. I think the many comments here all speak of the truth about Loren's fear of getting close to a child. I think one reason that Aiden is drawn to Loren is something Jay said. Jay said Loren was a lot like Seamus, and we all know that Aiden sticks to Seamus. Aiden is like Jay. Aiden knows what he wants and will not be denied. Loren didn't have a chance avoiding Jay's love and he won't be able to resist Aiden's love. Great chapter!
  3. raven1

    The Moon

    I am feeling much like @CincyKris That Trevor and Jenny may be at the center of this. How many other male/female pairs are related to the cinema. The above two and Maurice and Brenda. It does fit the dreams that Terry has been having. Also, in the dream, it is Dan who has been shot. Dan is the manager, just like Jack, and also like Jack is gay. Great tension in this chapter. I love it.
  4. Before I became a teacher, I was a volunteer at the Portland Zoo (now the Oregon Zoo). Volunteers were part of the education department, but we got to work with the zookeepers behind the scenes. I got the cleaning jobs, but also got very close to the animals. Some like elephants and giraffes were easy to be close to. Others like tigers and the orangutang were not so easy. Talking to the keepers was always interesting.
  5. They used to use Elephants also, but that was thankfully outlawed to protect the elephants.
  6. ....and buckets, barrels, pots, pans, garden hoses, fire trucks. If you can use it to project water, then the Thais and foreigners battling in the streets use it. It starts about noon and ends at sunset for three days here in Chiang Mai. You don't want it wet? Leave it at home.
  7. He Drew! Getting a haircut must be a sign of Spring! Max probably thought he had to follow your example. 😉
  8. raven1

    Week One

    Joker was so beautiful. It hurt a bit as it reminded me of many of my beloved friends. Thanks for these wonderful poems.
  9. Hi Page, How are you today? I saw Max got a new haircut. I had to laugh at his real concern after the cut.
  10. Hi All! Happy Songkran (Day 2) 🙏
  11. Hello Everyone! Happy Songkran! 🙏
  12. Hi Albert! Welcome aboard!
  13. Here is the Thai Embassy explanation of Songkran, the official Thai New Years: Songkran is the traditional Thai New Year festival since the former time. It is a celebration that embraces goodwill, love, compassion. and thankfulness, using water as the means of expression. The word Songkran derives from Sanskrit meaning to move or step forward. The first day of Songkran takes place when the sun moves from Pisces into Aries, which marks the New Year's Day according to the Brahmin solar system. The festival of Songkran falls on the 13th, 14th, and 15th of April every year. Thefirst day is known as Maha Songkran or thegrand Songkran. The Thai government has declared Songkran festival as extended public holidays to enable the people to return to their hometown for family reunions, merit-making and reuniting with others in their community. The 13th of April is also declared the Day of the Senior or Elderly by the government. The occasion marks the appreciation for the senior population for their years of contribution to the family and country.
  14. Hi Clo! So Minion is up to his usual self and being spoilt by the neighbours. I'm having problems with Orange. She is horny and underfoot. I'm afraid I will step on her, since she is constantly within 20 cm and meowing for attention. Cats!!!
  15. Hi Dugh! Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 How are you and Mum doing? Hope your morning is good.
  16. I wish you luck in pursuit of the sexy butcher and his sausage. I'm doing well here. It is getting a bit hotter heading into the summer rainy season. Tomorrow begins the Thai New Year with the Songkran Festival. It is one day for most of Thailand, but in the north, especially Chiang Mai, it is a three day holiday. I have missed it for the last few years, because the government did not allow public participation in the usual events. I'll send some pictures tomorrow to show what happens here during the celebration. I'm glad to hear you are OK.
  17. Hello Bucket! Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 How are you today? Did you get your sausage?
  18. Hi Page! How are your boys? Has Spring arrived yet?
  19. Hey Everyone! Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 Hope you all had a good day.
  20. More like nit noi, or chang noi
  21. No. Way. You are too much like my little brother Tom was. He visited Aod and I for two weeks. It took me a month to recover from all their combined teasing and pranking. 🤪
  22. That was date night, now it's just back to normal. I learned the hard way last month on my birthday that 3 late night parties in a row with lots of drinking is not conducive to my health. I'll stick to two nights a week from now on.😜
  23. Hi Texy, I looked it up, but could only find two locations both in Bangkok. Since I don't like BKK I doubt I will get to try it unless they open a restaurant in CNX. We have Chiangmai Saloon here that advertise Texas Chicken. It's a wild west themed restaurant that serves Texas style food. I really like the Thai style grilled chicken here the best. It has more flavour and is much more juicy that the fast food places like McD's. Plus you don't have to peal off all that greasy fried dough to get to the meat. ❤️
  24. Hey Page! Sawasdee Khrup! 🙏 How was your day? BTW getting family to keep Max busy while you and Morgan have a date is a great idea. Just make sure it is an overnight stay. 😉
  25. Very good. The weather is nice, so I am going out after I eat my breakfast to shop for some plants for the condo. How was your day?
×
×
  • Create New...