Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,286
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Shame and I so thought it would help.
  2. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Or The Omega Man.
  3. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Elephants aren't in those anymore. Does this help?
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    What's the cost if he doesn't?
  5. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    If I were one of those pack bigwigs, I'd smile and hand him a cigar while standing upwind.
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Everyone is fixated on the idea Caleb was poisoned by food or drink, but it isn't necessarily so. Some organomercury compounds absorb readily through the skin or he could have inhaled it. The latter could have been a dosed cigar or a candle.
  7. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Can't help it. I've been fiddling with deadly chemicals and explosives since I was a child. No, he's not. He'd be even more sensitive to silver than a human.
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    The amount of silver nitrate used would have to be small. Silver nitrate is corrosive, plus silver compound exposure causes the skin to turn blue gray when you get to a dose of 3.8g. It would be hard to miss.
  9. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Different story universe, different rules. In that one healing used up life force of the healer. Here Asa is channeling the power of light to heal. It's not the same at all. His only reticence in healing has been fear of exposure.
  10. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Oh yeah. Traitors and trojan horses are totally unimportant.
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    It was the only way my mother had of telling me no. Although, looking back, she didn't use it much.
  12. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    A meme isn't a phrase, but I get your meaning.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    I loath that phrase.
  14. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    And Caleb provides the reason for Asa to reveal himself. No Caleb, no cure.
  15. I'm in the astride camp.
  16. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Unless they need saliva.
  17. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    No.
  18. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    The implication here is clear. Asa might be the miracle cure for the hybrids.
  19. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Mercury poisoning is the source of the phrase, Mad as a hatter. Mercury was once used to shape hats. It'll make you look nuts to everyone around you. No wonder Asa has been so skittish about sharing his ability.
  20. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Actually, the greatest motivator is less posts.
  21. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Makes no difference for me.
  22. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Which in some obscure language means YES.
  23. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Why not here then?
  24. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Depends on where they are.
  25. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Reaching 400 is pretty ambitious. It'll require gobs of blather and gifs. We might get distracted in the process. What is this story about again?
×
×
  • Create New...