Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,286
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    Shall I replay Don's No No No No No No No?
  2. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    *Looking at job description* It's our job?
  3. drpaladin

    Chapter 31 S1

    I had two sets when I was growing up. Back before the internet, I would get calls from people asking all kinds of arcane questions which I'd answer from memory. A couple of years ago one of them called and started asking random questions, which I answered. Finally I asked if his internet was down. "No, I just missed doing this."
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 31 S1

    World Book still prints editions.
  5. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    Light at the end of the tunnel? Not always.
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    The only thing is he didn't end up too well.
  7. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    Maybe you should channel Don Logan. https://youtu.be/KmR8fzQjuD8
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter 31 S1

    Encyclopedias were wonderful. They taught kids how to use books.
  9. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    Sometimes end is only a suggestion.
  10. drpaladin

    Chapter 25

    Here's hoping October has more Wednesdays than this lonely one in September.
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter 31 S1

    Do you have a color preference for the frame and matting for your commission?
  12. They are also way, way too old to be heifers. Some are at the carbon dating stage.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 31 S1

    There are a number of unexplained parallels between the Mayans and Egyptians.
  14. I still hear young women called this and filly as well, though being compared to livestock might not be considered nice by many. Though it's much better than sow. Men typically revel in being called bulls or stallions, but not boars or old goats.
  15. drpaladin

    Chapter 3

    Two unconnected events have entwined to propel Adga all the way to Patrol Leader. It may have taken her years to get there otherwise. Burntmetal has stripped Vendra out of her slave caste with the brutal yet skillful use of his blade. It was done so efficiently It can't be the only time he's preformed this act. For all his hard edges demeanor he is on the side of good. We have yet to meet Nuk, but if he's like Tez this group will be quite something.
  16. drpaladin

    Chapter 31 S1

    This was a nice transitional chapter from the action and lessons. I knew about the petroglyphs and the chapel, but the details on the chapel had slipped my mind so this made an interesting read.
  17. The bugs got mad?
  18. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    At one time people wondered about it, but those rumors have mostly passed.
  19. My aunt liked to tell stories on herself, like the one about her visiting someone and munching on a bowl of 'cocktail mix' on a table. Later she saw the cat eating its Meow Mix. For the record, she said it was pretty good although I've passed on trying it myself.
  20. It reminds me of one of my aunts. She was out for a walk, thought she saw a snake, and bent over to pick up a big stick to whack the snake with. The 'snake' was a stick and the 'stick' was a big snake. She hadn't moved so fast in years. All it takes is the right motivation.
  21. Hey, spyke! They're dreaming big, aren't they? I felt like I was writing about two little kids when I wrote that scene about their new plans. As a horseman, it made me very happy. Reid is still a bit of an enigma to us. He's friendly enough to Jubal, but there is tension there too. Something has him bothered for sure... does he want Jubal gone? Whatever happened to Jubal, being drug behind a horse, he isn't able to talk about it, so what does that say? Fast forward? What pray tell, is that? Gallop Gary, gallop.
  22. It seems both Jubal and Lucas are hobbled by their own thoughts as this chapter begins. We do learn Jubal was purposely drug by a horse. It's only a small step away from a lynching, and since he was roped around his neck they didn't care whether he lived or died in the process. The talk and plans over trapping the whole herd and becoming partners in it seems to settle any ideas about Jubal leaving. Excellent wordsmithing and character development as they both dance around each other's desires and fears.
  23. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    Never trust electronic stuffs.
  24. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    It's the way the FBI works. It doesn't matter if the field agent has 20 years experience or just left the academy.
  25. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    I believe it's crocks, as in containers.
×
×
  • Create New...