Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Thank you for your kind words. Somehow, I still find things to write about love. I have the feeling I will for a long time to come. Aspiration weighed so much on my mind, I had to write it out. You determined the nature of Planetary Motion correctly. I am glad you liked them!
  2. You like them? Thank you so much! Glad you liked Planetary Motion, which seemed to write itself one afternoon. Aspiration took longer, but felt so good to write. If you loved it, then I feel successful.
  3. You guessed correctly at the source of my inspiration. Glad you liked Planetary Motion, though. Aspiration is lovely, and the first line just appeared one day, quite unannounced. Thanks so much for your comments.
  4. Planetary Motion Observe the planets spin around the sun in orbits just eccentric as they run their almost, but not quite, co-planar ways which Brahae found so elegantly fun. The stars, the moon, the planets in their phase shine brilliantly, set midnight all ablaze, predictable by mathematic laws which all our fevered study so repays. But in the universal wonderment I pause: Copernicus and Kepler had their flaws, though geniuses of observation, who Synodic orbits found to great applause.
  5. Parker Owens

    Roger

    Eric was certainly the victim here. He got trapped and would have been brutalized further if he hadn't gotten the chan to run. Who knows how the police would have responded to a plea for help? Not that Eric would have wanted to be anywhere near the police, either. How sad that som many victims get blamed for their predicaments. And how hard it is for victims to recover. Thanks for responding.
  6. Parker Owens

    A Short Ride

    Oh deer...um, dear. Cows with cows? Poor Eric simply talks to the cows, if only because he needs someone to talk to, to vent with. Even then, he got stuck taking a mercifully short but nerve racking ride...thanks for the thoughts.
  7. Parker Owens

    Splash

    Eric doesn't write about that, but you have an excellent point. His digestive tract surely must have experienced a challenge! But for once, Eric got to meet someone who allowed him in, if only for a little while.
  8. Parker Owens

    Rescue

    Sadly, Eric simply slipped past and through the nets that exist even where he traveled. He was not terribly remarkable, really. Just another scruffy teen, but one who kept moving on, never staying anywhere long enough to be noticeable or a nuisance.
  9. You are absolutely right on this, on all you say. Everything about Eric's body language marks him as a victim. Given his father's obvious drinking problems and the very little unsupervised time he had, it is not surprising that he never started drinking or seeking refuge in chemicals. But he has plenty of self hatred. Thank you for you thoughts and reflections.
  10. Parker Owens

    Wrong Help

    I think your hopes for future Erics will be fulfilled. I think there will be more and more TV and film and media models for Erics of the years to come. I believe future Erics will grow up with more love and concern and support, too.Even in the backwater where I live, LGBT teens are able to be more open and feel safer than they could even a few years ago. The bigots have lost the larger battle and they know it. It remains to us to write those novels, those books and those stories which schools will add their reading lists for future Erics to enjoy and identify with. Thanks for your reflections.
  11. This is pure poetry, Drew, and it made me smile a big, wide grin! Celebrating tonight, thanks!
  12. Parker Owens

    Late April

    Toph put himself, Gary and the L word all together at once...I am liking this more and more, SD. Certainty. Oh, yes. Clearly, Toph is beginning to find his certainty, his center, in Gary. Is Gary beginning to feel the same way, or is he just being the good, gentle, generous guy he appears to be?
  13. Parker Owens

    Haiku Mania

    I, too, liked the industrious, ubiquitous ant. And birds singing heavily is a new twist...perhaps mourning doves? Lovely and painted well, Emi.
  14. Beautiful, Tim, just beautiful. garlands....loved the way you used that word. And for me, your words and verses are the manifestation of blessing and mercy.
  15. This is different from what I have seen before, and they are intriguing, interesting, and provoking. Each one invites me to enlarge using the 55 words you chose. I am awestruck by your skill here. Well done!
  16. Parker Owens

    Seminar

    You have a perfect way of formulating a Bon Mot. Thank you for your comment, Dugh.
  17. Parker Owens

    Seminar

    Okay, now I am blushing. Not a pretty sight. But you can keep saying nice things about the poem, and I won't stop you. Many thanks, Emi, and I'm glad it got you humming.
  18. Parker Owens

    Seminar

    Oh, dear. Don't want to sit in on my calculus class?
  19. Parker Owens

    Seminar

    Thanks, Tim. Good to have something light come to mind.
  20. Seminar The sciences, so I am told, are cut and dried, so very cold, no shades of grey, all black and white, like Celsius and Fahrenheit. Psychology is not as chill, and Econ might be warmer still, while going further, what might be as warm as Anthropology? But if you'd really rather freeze, then mathematics you should seize; equations analytical all iced and hypercritical. Suppose you need a summer breeze, you'd better choose humanities: their hazy, humid lines are blurred, so much if f
  21. Congratulations on your wonderful feature! How you so deserve the recognition!
  22. Liked number 2, and my experience with that kind of ant trail helped me relate. But number 1 was even more stimulating, bringing to mind vivid images, and a smile to my face. Both excellent!
  23. Sam has no idea how complicated she is making this...liked this chapter!
  24. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    I want to thank you for several things I this story. Your characters are engaging and artfully drawn. And for once, we have a sympathetic father...no chilly indifference or homophobia, just simple, almost understated, firm and loving support. Clint may have had a bad day, but his father may be right. Go for the rainbow cast. Awesome.
  25. Parker Owens

    Chapter 10

    Jason's reaction to Corey is both a sign of how he's changed and a signal that he's got yo reflect on the way he's feeling. Perhaps Jason will be able to act on the knowledge that honesty with himself and with Corey is better than any amount of artful dodging and hiding. This was a great chapter, and perfect that Zach did nothing more than excite Jason's protective spirit.
×
×
  • Create New...