Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Thanks very much for taking the time to revisit the journal. I agree about re-reading, it was harder to edit than to write.
  2. You read my intent fairly well. Thank you for reading with enough care to see it. I am so glad you liked the cinquain. The form is just right sometimes, and its ability to be mirrored, inverted or varied is very useful.
  3. Emi, this must have been a very hard thread of poems to write, but they are very good. Your clarity and courage come through in every line.
  4. Questions Answered Is there beauty in a landfill? Is there grace within the dump? Where the dozer cleared the forest out, how lovely is the stump? Now consider well the on-ramp, and its aged concrete curve, though the moss and brush may green it some, which muses does it serve? We may never meet with pretty where the function follows form; no designer of a railroad yard could ever make it warm. And I wonder if I'm like that, made for use and not for style, on the crowded shelf of humanki
  5. So sad, so simply written. It is beautiful, but the pain is so real.
  6. Parker Owens

    Wait and Blind

    These are devastating, powerful, unvarnished. I turn away in my own shame that I just laid bills on the table and would not feed you or clothe you or help you to heal. These are awesome in their power.
  7. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to these. I really enjoyed writing about the river, and several folk tunes ran in my head as it came from brain to page. The final one in the set was originally meant to be humorous, but somehow, the words kept insisting otherwise. You were very kind to read these, and your words were most encouraging.
  8. Def, thanks so very much. Coming from you, this is high praise, and I blush. My face is like a red, red rose....
  9. Parker Owens

    First Kiss

    What a shame...his first kiss, and then...gone! Now I want a second chapter...great beginning, Emi.
  10. Ryan's intuition about his dreams and processing may be right. And if so, what a good thing that is. Now if he can unbend enough to make a tighter relationship with Clayton work, a better sort of fireworks might go off...
  11. Parker Owens

    Chapter 4

    At least Corey might listen to Pierre. And Pierre had the goodness to forgive Jason. Corey's feelings are certainly obvious, but perhaps Jason's are genuine, too. For now, it seems that Jason will have to concentrate on supporting Drew, as he ought to, as he must. I very much enjoyed this chapter, and hope for more, soon.
  12. One thing I noticed in Twoey's admittedly hot, steamy and mind blowing sex scene...there was no mention of a condom...maybe it was one of those mundane details Twoey was foggy about...or maybe Erik isn't as loving and solicitous as all that. What would Matty have said? Or maybe it's not a big deal, and Twoey didn't mention it. Of course, Erik was snoring five minutes after they came back to consciousness. David doesn't feel right about the Erik - Twoey relationship, and neither does Sam, but Twoey seems perfectly content. Poor David. Erik will really, really have to mess up (did he really forget to be safe with Twoey?) to change that equation. Lanni appears to be going into the whole Cal thing with her eyes open. Poor girl. Prepare for tragedy.
  13. Parker Owens

    Two Rubayats

    We all have to pretend sometimes. I was struck by how the catbird might feel knowing that he can never be any of the birds he imitates. Thank you for your thoughtful comments!
  14. Parker Owens

    Two Rubayats

    I feel so humbled and at the same time pleased that you liked both of these. It is a testament to your clarity of writing and gentle support that these are as good as you say. The catbird is one of my favorite birds; loud and raucous when hidden in the underbrush, but silent and watchful whenever it'd can be easily spotted. The other morning it sang so loudly trying so hard to be a robin, the robin himself flew off in frustration. Thank you for taking the time and care to respond to these so thoughtfully.
  15. Parker Owens

    Two Rubayats

    I am very glad you decided to explore today. I think a preference for structure is personal...I'm still exploring structures, and find the helpful in distilling a thought or idea. I am happy you connected with Catbird, as the bird itself is a favorite of mine. Much less flashy or forward than a jackdaw. Thank you for your kind comments!
  16. Parker Owens

    Two Rubayats

    I am so happy you liked Catbird. I think sometimes we are all Catbirds, in one way or another. Or maybe it's just me, and I'm projecting...but you're absolutely right. In any case, Catbirds are of my favorite wild birds, so shy and retiring when they know you are looking at them...and they'll try to imitate anything.
  17. Parker Owens

    Two Rubayats

    Thank you, Gary. You had this pegged exactly. Glad you liked it and that you will remember that noisy grey chameleon. And all inspired by a bird buried in a honeysuckle hedge on Saturday morning...
  18. Catbird The catbird deep within his shroud of leaves and branches sings so loud; you cannot spot him, though you try, with camouflage he's well-endowed. The catbird has a mimic's cry, he will not on himself rely, but imitate another's song, in pretense of some other guy. His squawks and gracks and whistles strong will not convince a Robin long; he tries to be someone he ain't perhaps he thinks he won't belong. The Catbird sings without restraint, until he's spotted, then he's faint; for
  19. This more than worked for me. It is magical and marvelous and compelling. Your characterizations spring off the page, and Behman's voice still echoes in my head. This is one of your best, Tim, I love it!
  20. TLC, huh? Gotta love new translations...but the tenderness, intimacy and happiness creeping, serving and flooding into both Peter and Patrick's lives is so good, that everything you write illustrates that. Thank you for another happy, sensuous chapter.
  21. My dear Adi, I cannot tell you how much your kind words mean to me. I know that the tale was long and difficult. It is very heartening to know you thought the story was worth the effort to read and digest. That you want to re-read A to Z is a great gift to me, and I thank you.
  22. Parker Owens

    A to Z

    You were very kind to leave this message. Believe me, whatever note you leave for an author will make hid or her day, just as you have brightened mine. That you should have re-read A to Z makes all the time spent writing worthwhile, and I am so glad you have enjoyed the story so much. That you view the story as a gift is a perfect statement...I am happy to have given it to you. Thanks again.
  23. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    I am so very glad you enjoyed it...I confess I like happy endings, too!
  24. Erik is beginning to show his true colors here...when will Twoey see through this romanticism and see it as control? Alex will have to seriously screw up before clueless David figures out she's not the one he wants though. Vlad and Derek are not going to tell him. David did some research into Cicero, and that was fun. But does the implication send even a little chill down his spine? Nice of Chuck to spend a lunch with David. Now if only Twoey would pick up the phone......the next chapter is coming out this afternoon, right? Right?
  25. And I have been the beneficiary of your encouragement and support. Thank you for your kind reviews, comments and help with prompts. I am looking forward to 2017!
×
×
  • Create New...