-
Posts
19,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Parker Owens
-
It was certainly a great blow to him. I am so glad you are reading this story. It is hard going, but there is something about Stefan/Eric that keeps his hope going. Thank you for leaving a review! All the authors on GA appreciate reviews so much. It's what keeps us writing.
-
I liked the turn (no pun intended on the ankle) your plot took. Corey and Jason thrown together, and nobody got a bloody nose. That's an accomplishment of sorts. Perhaps friendship is possible after all...
-
Faris and James: The Party, erm … Event (Prompt 501)
Parker Owens commented on Mikiesboy's story chapter in Faris and James: The Party, erm … Event (Prompt 501)
I loved this. Oh, the resistant boy when the spouse wants to celebrate! And Faris was right, absolutely, about everything. Thank you for another snapshot in their lives. -
Randy may have a good plan, a discreet plan, a workable plan. The problem is that David is utterly unlikely to fully reveal himself to Randy. He can barely be honest with himself. That said, I can envision a scenario that would dissipate the Alex problem easily, though the stars would have to align just so. Erik's control problem is becoming more open, although that may be a function of our familiarity with him. Note to Twoey: call David.
-
Tim, you have touched me deeply with these four poems. Number four particularly affected me, as I felt it spoke most to my thoughts. Number one echoes it's emptiness and the the pain of being left behind. Number three had me thinking and re-thinking, and even now I wonder if I have it right. And number two is so very sad, and so very true. You continue to write masterfully. Thank you.
-
Chapter 15 Dinner with friends
Parker Owens commented on Timothy M.'s story chapter in Chapter 15 Dinner with friends
A wonderful dinner, and described beautifully. Thank you for telling this story. -
What a lot it says about Toph that he agrees to go with Gary. What a lot it says about Gary that he can be so patient. What a lot it Sasha about you as storyteller that you have written a perfectly wonderful and fulfilling chapter. Thank you.
-
Coward, Anal and Time - Prompt 500
Parker Owens commented on Mikiesboy's story chapter in Coward, Anal and Time - Prompt 500
Tim - this piece is fantastic. The single voiced conversation, the many blank, empty places left for the mind to fill in...this is brilliant. So much is left for me to consider and paint in my own mind, and yet I can relate to the tone and feeling of the speaker. You have outdone yourself, my friend. -
Week Fourteen Saturday, December 6, 2014: Randy
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Fourteen Saturday, December 6, 2014: Randy
The contrast between David and Chuck is plain: one agonizes over whether to have sex without love, while the other is learning to love sex. One got a boyfriend, the other drifts toward.....great chapter, SD! -
Chapter 15 Poetry Prompt 5- Rhyming couplets- We Poets
Parker Owens commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 15 Poetry Prompt 5- Rhyming couplets- We Poets
I love your couplets, they are great, now I want to celebrate; verse need not be dark of part, but instead for light of heart Thank you, Gary! -
I am fascinated by this story. It helps that I'm bi - as in ambidextrous, and in much the way of Sam's development, too. Great story line, I'm hooked.
-
I have been waiting for something like this. Maybe CJ and Owen aren't going to be a forever thing. But at least CJ has looked inside, seen a some truth, and most importantly, shared it. Whatever happens with Owen and CJ, maybe that will help most of all. Thank you for this chapter.
-
Special Prompt 1 - Friday the Thirteenth
Parker Owens commented on Valkyrie's story chapter in Special Prompt 1 - Friday the Thirteenth
If you were trying to scare me or freak me out, it worked. And that it was a real story...and I know about that kind of scam/targeting you spoke of...oh, man. -
Lighting just struck, and the thunderclap in the boys' minds certainly left Jackson completely shocked. Now is the most dangerous moment. Jackson admitted to himself that he doesn't want to hurt Luke; Luke is clearly petrified, but made the first move, anyway. If either one reacts badly, each will go spinning off into their own personal hells, unable to reconnect. This is a real cliffhanger, without a doubt.
-
Stefan's tragedy was a result of a complete failure of those who should have looked out for him. Instead, they turned the other way, to see what they wanted to see. Your privilege game is a good one. I must try it sometime...
-
Yes, that made me smile broadly. Bears with a new center of gravity...but now they'll have to go to the bear gym!
-
I am out of likes for the day! But I will continue to like and re-read this story. Corey finally got to a place where he can be happy, safe and loved. Thank you so much for sharing his tale with us.
-
Bother, I am out of likes! This chapter was so good in a great many respects...best of all, Corey got rid of Zach, who was just too full of himself. Really, he ought to take over Jason's place in Toronto, not that anyone would want him there, either. But the hard part of all that is Jason got to hear Corey's words about fidelity...those must have hurt, even if he wasn't the target. Can't help but be happy for Pierre and David...and I really want to know what Corey's mom thinks of all this...where has she been? (Thanks for the question, Dr.P)
-
Beautifully expressed, and speaking volumes about the yearning, breaking heart.
-
You have been telling out your soul in your poetry. Those of us who read it cannot help but be affected. 'Frost Warning' came to me after reading several of your posts; it seemed more appropriate than a mere 'like.' I am very glad you liked these. Thank you for responding to them.
-
Week Fourteen Friday, December 5, 2014: Overwhelmed
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Fourteen Friday, December 5, 2014: Overwhelmed
Spike asks excellent questions, and I'm sure not going to repeat them for emphasis. David feels unsafe, and his dream interview with Danny reinforced that. I can see several possible real sources for that unease, all of them quite sinister. I do wish Danny had been as clear and focused as David's other meditation guides. David is certain to need someone rocklike and stable to hold onto, for the next few weeks look to be the most turbulent yet. -
Week Fourteen Thursday, December 4, 2014: Slipping
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Fourteen Thursday, December 4, 2014: Slipping
Towery and David sense their distance between them growing, but seem unable to check the drift. That they both sense it betrays its significance to both of them; that neither one is moving to close the gap simply shows how paralyzed by expectations and current experiences they both are. And that is to be expected. In the space of just a few weeks, both Twoey and David have undergone gut wrenching emotionally charged attacks. They have both had brushes with mortality. Not surprising that either one would drift into someone's conveniently situated arms, embraces, bed...getting out of these, now that's a bigger task. Cal and Lanni...well, Lanni is showing she has a brain, after all. Perhaps she was worthy of David and Twoey to begin with. Is this a way of showing us that if she can make the right move, maybe our heroes can, too? Or maybe it's just comic relief. Thanks for the chapter, SD, and sorry for the late review! -
Spring snows make one question basic life choices, perhaps. Why on earth did I choose to live here? No, they are never kind, and neither are the freezes that befall some relationships. Thank you for your help with Questions. Was I, am I, can I ever be enough? But the smile answers these questions, perhaps.
-
Thank you, Gary. Your responses were much appreciated, and very kind, too. Yes, the insecurity is definitely intended, but there is more than acceptance and resignation, I hope. The blossom and the smile are both what we hope for, no?
-
Haiku #2 - Poetry Prompt 11
Parker Owens commented on Mikiesboy's story chapter in Haiku #2 - Poetry Prompt 11
I think you described your thoughts and feelings without reporting here, especially in the first. The second raises an intriguing thought...the sparrow pitying you at the window. What about its glimpse into your life would make it do so? I think both of these express pain and unhappiness well; in that sense, you have done very well, indeed.
