Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    Chapter 12

    Toby and Derek face Jackson the perfect opportunity to escape thinking about kissing Luke. It is not surprising that he took it. Jackson might, just possibly, be changing a little at a time, but it is hardly likely that he'd have some kind of anti-assholy conversion experience in the flash of a moment. Change takes time, and pitfalls happen along the way. Really, he was lucky to have gotten through the day with nothing more than the forced apology he had to endure. In any event, spending the day with his friends...and his girlfriend...appeared to be nothing more than temporarily anesthetic. Neither Jackson's mind nor Jackson's body has forgotten Luke's kiss. For for me, this was a cover-my-face-I-can't-bear-to-watch-the-possible-train wreck sort of chapter. I berthed a huge sigh of relief at the end of it, because nobody was horribly injured. Yet. Although I wonder what dinner was like.
  2. Parker Owens

    A summer's day

    Dugh, these are beautiful and sunlit poems. It makes my heart smile to read them, and their imagery brings my mind to a better place. Thank you for sharing these.
  3. Parker Owens

    Chapter 7

    This is developing nicely. Perhaps they could be friends again, this time as adults. Perhaps the two of them can learn to adapt to the changes their adult selves have wrought in their own lives, and see things differently. But how well you play up the differences Corey sees between Zach and Jason. How Corey could have been so wilfully blind is something I can't fathom.
  4. How perfectly fitting, Emi.
  5. Dear Emi, how good of you to comment, and so kindly, too. To get the treasure, one must first find it on the wide ocean, a difficult task at best. I am glad you. Liked that like in 'Garden' because it was one that occurred to me swiftly, but I wasn't sure whether use it.
  6. Dear Tim, thank you so much. They are melancholy, but the themes here seemed full of possibilities for play and analogy. I am glad you liked them.
  7. Dear Gary, you have hit upon a couple of thoughts, and the 'friend beware' idea seems closer to my intention. And of course, to board the speaker, one must find him first. Thank you for being so thoughtful in your response to these, which seemed to well up unbidden over the past week.
  8. Dear Dugh, thank you for you kind remarks. That they sing to you is especially satisfying. Each of the broader analogies seemed ripe with possibilities. I am glad they worked for you,
  9. Parker Owens

    Day 14: I Smiled

    Your smile made me smile, too. This is a grand bit of cheer after the pain.
  10. Sailing I sail a barque upon a sea of lies, a placid swell, inimitably blue, reflecting vividly the sunny skies obscuring lethal secrets from your view. You cannot see them, eyes cannot espy the monsters swimming silent in the deep, nor chart nor map on which you can rely to steer you clear of reef or lee shore steep. And yet you venture forth upon the wave, and risk the hazards of the murky dark; perchance my foolish soul you think to save, make truth the shore where I must disembark.
  11. Parker Owens

    They ran

    I liked it on live poets. I like it better now. I see them running in my mind's eye.
  12. Parker Owens

    Breathe deep

    Thank you for becoming an Author and sharing this. It is a most beautiful and evocative poem. And I am smiling as I write this, so you know it was good!
  13. So. Alex knows best, and David doesn't like that. Hard to blame him, however much he dislikes the idea of seeing Dr. Keating again. Danny in meditation sounds some pretty ominous warnings. Twoey's interaction with Erik seems pretty ominous, too. Maybe even Twoey will notice! Thank you for a very stimulating century-chapter!
  14. Very sweet, very good. Andy finally has someone to hold, and who will hold him, too.
  15. Dear Gary, these poems sing so poignantly, so sadly, so full of melancholy and regret. You speak of loneliness and set detachment so vividly, I can place myself there at your side. But were I at your side, I would be the one trying to make you laugh, make you smile, just a little. Thank you for sharing these.
  16. Andy and Zander have re established their friendship, which is perhaps the best Christmas gift he could have asked for. Zander's father is indeed a lawyer. However did you guess? I am sure Andy will hope and pray that Zander never makes the connection between the rape story and himself. Given his usual practice to hide, he will avoid any mention of it at all cost. Thank you for reading Andy's journal!
  17. Stefan -Eric-Andy has caught a few breaks since walking away from Carlsberg. He's alive at least. He has made some friends, who may even stay friends if he allows them to get close enough. And he's not in jail, either. Not yet. Soul there are blessings to count, I suppose. Thank Yiu so much for continuing to read this story.
  18. David's subconscious finally informs his present mind about the reality that has lain hidden for so long. But a broken and vulnerable David still can't spill everything to Sam. What he does manage to tell Sam must make his heart ache. And now David begins to do more than nibble away at the Twoey-Alex question that must further torque his unhappy brain into further knots. If David comes out of this with any semblance of normality, he will have proven himself to be one strong and determined kid. Still wondering if Twoey's suppressed sob is for David, or because something bad happened with Erik. Great chapter, Skinny. Please, sir, can we have some more?
  19. This is a grand story. I was entranced by it, and by the way you found a way to bring it to a very satisfying close.
  20. Parker Owens

    Solitary Cat

    Thank you SD for your, um, colorful commentary. The first is a rather predatory piece, isn't it? Balance was one of those paradoxes that occurred to me during an idle evening moment when I should have been doing something else. To live, I must either provoke my fellow man, or rely on his mercy, I prefer the latter, I think.
  21. Parker Owens

    Solitary Cat

    Oh, Gary, I am so glad you found the paradox at the bottom of Balance. It was just idle musing at first, but then...and the solitary cat was a little chilling, in its predatory way. Thank you so much for your comments.
  22. Parker Owens

    Solitary Cat

    Thank you for these comments. Cats aren't merely cuddly, are they? I am glad Balance made you think.
  23. Solitary Cat I am a solitary cat who darkly prowls to hunt alone; I've killed an unsuspecting rat and for like sins, I must atone. Upon such innocents I've fed, created for some purpose great; and by my teeth their beauty bled: they were my prey, that was their fate. Unlike the dog, I did not share; I lay in wait to make my kill - no rushing pack for fox or hare, no pressing throng my blood to thrill. I've watched you from my corner chair, unknowing in the late day sun; and at your lovel
  24. Parker Owens

    Walk Away

    And today, fish is relatively expensive. Go figure. Yes, Stefan's story is just as cruel the second time as the first. But at least he got the chance to walk away. Thanks so much for your comments.
  25. Parker Owens

    Eric

    Perhaps his teachers could not see beyond the scruffy clothing or downcast expression; or perhaps Stefan's own impenetrable walls deterred his teachers. Some public schools are woefully underfunded, and classes are still quite large. It is unfortunately possible that Stefan simply slipped by them without exciting too much comment, especially if his work was solid, but not stellar. Working with his hands, on a definable task may be a different matter altogether, and he has Ramon's and Suzie's full attention. In any event, it is good to see Stefan/Eric get some positive attention for once. Thank you for your comments!
×
×
  • Create New...