Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    Chapter 5

    How many disasters is this for Clint? Three? Four? Donny was a great guy, until he heard the word 'no.' Clint might have thought more clearly about what he was expecting, but hell, it was supposed to be a date. 'No' really did mean exactly that. A kiss might have been more appropriate on Donny's part, but perhaps he was too desperate to think um, straight. So is this Clint's big coming out opportunity? Probably not what he would have chosen. But he seemed fearless once, so maybe he will again. And Donny will have to figure himself out, too. Fast. Great chapter, Cynus. Of course, I want more right away!
  2. Parker Owens

    Chapter 14

    Corey has been through an emotional wringer, but how could he not be rational enough to avoid the connection between the hurt his father caused and Jason? Jason has every right to be hurt; every right to feel heartbreak. But as a lawyer, Jason must know it's not always all about rights. The real hurt in his heart must be the ache that goes with feeling he's truly unforgivable. So now you leave us hanging? Ugh. Is it Corey at the door? Family that could act as go-between to knock some sense in Corey's brain? Someone else? Double ugh.
  3. Oh, I am so very happy you enjoyed them. We swelter everywhere these days, even in the cool north country. Even the Adirondacks are getting warmer! Now you ask important logical questions that can only be replied to in verse...which I will take up later. In any case, thank you for reading and reflecting on these two poems. I truly appreciate your feedback.
  4. Thank you, Gary. This rhyme is so natural, it flowed easily. Somme things seem harder in them heat, until they turn out to be easy...kind of like the cold, that way, eh? A simple man is someone to celebrate and befriend. And I will surely raise a glass to you tonight....cheers, indeed.
  5. I am glad that you can sense me in these poems, Emi. And I am even more pleased that you are singing them...you have no idea how wonderful that feels. Oh, and what a lovely idea of a heat wave...a 'hottie day,' indeed.
  6. The heat is not kind to muses. They go quiet while we pant like dogs in the sun. But I am happy that you enjoyed these, and the play on the heat we have had to endure. Some things are still fun despite the heat . A simple man, a good friend, a person with a smile and interest, this is a person to be celebrated. Thank you for your lovely comments, as they have brightened my day.
  7. Oh, I am glad you enjoyed them! Perhaps you can think of them as a light sparkling aperitif or a nightcap. I will take the request for snow and cold under advisement. Thanks for your kind remarks.
  8. Heat Wave It's far too hot to hug, but we might kiss if only we could range ourselves like this, or maybe if we shift around like that, our lips could touch, and wouldn't that be bliss? This record heat knocked everybody flat, the temperature the topic of all chat, we wonder that for days like this we pray in winter's harsh and frigid habitat. But Helios will focus every ray to dissipate the fog and dewy grey, and beat upon the earth with all his might, lest any man go coolly on his way.
  9. Parker Owens

    Chapter 2

    All this sulking and scowling and huffing and silence. What does it actually benefit Diarmad? He must know he is hurting Noel terribly. Noel will soon draw conclusions of his own which may be most painful for both of them.
  10. Finally, a whole chapter from Twoey. No, we probably do not what to know what Gary may have arranged to take care of Erik. But is it the end of his involvement? And while Twoey has learned a lot about what has happened since he went off to Erik-land, he really needs to spend much more time with David. The break with Erik is unquestionably definitive. How could that idiot shove Ginny and not realize it would cause an irreparable breach? But that makes him an idiot, and why didn't Twoey see that before, either? Ahh, well, the scales have fallen from his eyes, at least. Many thanks for #112. Now #113 should post soon, yes? Very soon? And be extra long? Right?
  11. Perhaps we can split the difference and settle on a Cow Parsnip. Darkness was meant to be creepy, as I was thinking especially about the sensation of living with the knowledge that an alien is living inside of you, as in the movie. As for Hogweed, I spotted several nearby, and did my bit by notifying the proper authorities and keeping well away. But again, what would it feel like to be the personification of this much-feared invasive plant? Thank you for reading these with your generosity of spirit and kindness.
  12. Parker Owens

    Early May

    Your chapter radiates a peace and sense of confident self in Toph's narrative in nearly paragraph. Not merely quietly reflective, it's a luminous statement of Toph's own transformation. As he himself tells us, he has matured enough and grown enough to become beloved. He and Gary together make me so very happy, too. You have done marvelous work in this tale.
  13. Parker Owens

    The Jar

    Oh, man, so, so, so creepy. You expect me to sleep tonight after that? Gotta go wash my hands....
  14. Happy Birthday, Nice and Legal, To Our Favorite Writer Beagle! We are shamed we missed this first, So we send our best to versed. Happy Birthday.
  15. So you have a natal day! I have joined the crowd today; Let me add to to all in line, Birthday wishes, mighty fine. Happy Birthday!
  16. Yes, he has that ingrained streak of listening to authority. And unlike his father, Mrs. Marjorie is a good soul, if a little pushy. Sometimes, we all need someone like that.
  17. I must thank you for persevering through the entire story, which is quite a challenge. I blush at your kind words; but I can at least say that I enjoyed writing this story, and if I gave you at least as much enjoyment in you reading, then this is wonderful. I teared up myself more then a few times as I wrote. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your encouraging words. It is one of the lovely things about being a member of GA.
  18. I am so very glad these tickled your fancy. They were just the thing to lift me out of a high humidity funk. And now you are probably wanting your own polar vortex? Thanks so much for reading these, and for enjoying them with me.
  19. I wish I could respond to all of you without sniffling. Your comments are so very generous and kind. I hope that each of you finds what Stefan found. And I hope that the characters in A to Z will endure with you as they have with me, and that perhaps they inspire something in you, too.
  20. Parker Owens

    Chapter 13

    You have lighted the fuse. Now all I can hope is that the kiss you started doesn't fizzle out. It was certainly getting hot enough to melt the snow outside. Great chapter again, as you have begun to cement Corey and Jason's relationship together with good experiences, cursed good sense and a shared need for the best thing between them. Now if only life can stop getting in the way...
  21. Parker Owens

    Chapter 4

    You paint a vivid and engaging picture of Clint and Angie and the way they interact. You blend in the character of their father convincingly, and the result is a beautiful family. We should all have been so lucky to have been in such a picture. But the bucket of cold water you throw on the whole thing with Travis' last message was a masterpiece of mystery and unhappiness. Something tells me there is more to Travis' rejection than meets the eye in that text. This was another wonderful chapter, and I thank you for it. And could there be more, soon, please?
  22. And I blush, a little. Thank you for helping to make these light and more approachable. They were such fun to write. If only removable discontinuities could get the same treatment...
  23. Parker Owens

    Michael

    And now Michael. Almost too good to be true. Ironic that the girl thanked him for being 'straight' with her. But getting at Daniel has presented Michael with an intriguing problem. If he's a clever sort, he manage to organise it somehow. Great informational chapter. Now looking for more! Soon, please...
  24. Parker Owens

    Daniel

    Daniel's lot seems so unfair, so unhappy. You paint that picture so very well, unfortunately. But have also set a good hook, and now I want to see where you will take him.
×
×
  • Create New...