-
Posts
19,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Parker Owens
-
I enjoyed the two time related poems, and the April 20 poem in particular: a silent entity of eternity is a wonderful line. Your grammar lesson made me smile. Like @Valkyrie my mouth waters at your berry poem. Your detour was excellent, as it drew me onward, deeper in to reading. Thanks for all of these!
-
April 13th to April 18th
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in April 13th to April 18th
I’m so glad you had fun with these. Arithmophobe is such a fun word, all the more so because spell check doesn’t recognize it. I never got to the Valle dei Templi when I was taken to Sicily as a child. Now that I’m older, I envy you. I’m very happy you liked April 15, as I wrestled with it for a while. If you could make sense of the grammar rubayat, then I can be pleased, for grammar was ever a difficulty for me. -
April 13th to April 18th
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in April 13th to April 18th
I really struggled with April 16th, but April 15 was lots of fun to write. I’m happy you enjoyed #18, as grammar has never been my strong suit. Thanks so much for reading, and for your responses! -
I’m glad you’re here, @foxkidsgayboy. It’s a great community here. Welcome!
- 5,016 replies
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You are incredibly kind in your comments. I’m very grateful you have found this story interesting enough to allow for a binge read. I’m glad Rick and Gus have come to hold a place in your heart. Just now, however, Gus is missing. That’s the problem just now... thanks again for reading!
-
April 13th to April 18th
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in April 13th to April 18th
Thank you very much for reading these. I had a feeling April 15 would appeal to you. -
April 13th If bodies are temples, as they say, then mine must be an ancient ruin, all its arcane rituals lost and forgotten; the altars moss-covered and toppled, no stone left upon stone where they stood. April 14th Like fire which races through a forest green Consuming all that in its path may grow, Or waters which the meadows overflow, And all the fens and thickets in between where nature st
-
This is a poem so beautiful, it made me my heart beat faster; it made me smile and tear. Each line, each image, unfolded like a new flower. Thank you.
-
Rick is no longer letting fate or fortune call the shots; neither is he bowing to expectations anymore. He wants everyone to know who he is, and they’ll just have to live with it. Zoltan certainly appears to have decamped with family and Gus in tow. As you point out, Zoltan has interfered - bulldozed? - with Gus’ life before. He may not even deign to acknowledge Rick to Gus. He can merely point out how the specialist in Chicago is waiting to inspect the broken bone. I’m very grateful for your thoughts and that you have been reading the story!
-
Wow. You've made it sound like a multi-dimensional cliffhanger. I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. It was surprisingly hard to write Rita as being more than one-dimensional. Could she ever be rehabilitated? Now that question will pester me. Willy will soon be unable to recognize his own life, considering the changes that must come upon him soon. His old family name will echo amongst his peers with that hollow sound of the object lesson: avoid the fate of the Kohlers. That idiot Willy brought it on himself. You pose some fun and interesting questions. For now, Rick has no answers, and only one overriding question: Gus, where are you? Thanks very much for reading, and for your awesome comments.
-
Cadet First Class • II
Parker Owens commented on Carlos Hazday's story chapter in Cadet First Class • II
Now I’m itching to know what Ritch has up his sleeve. I really enjoyed this chapter, and anticipate his participation in the rodeo events. -
April 7th to April 12th
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in April 7th to April 12th
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I only hope my supply of Kodachrome lasts the whole month. -
I liked numbers 11 and 12; I can relate to both. Number 13 gave me pause; it must have been quite a conversation. Number 8, Snowglobe, is apt for portraying the way I have felt for much of the past year. Thanks very much for this week!
-
You’re very welcome. Rick has always been a wonderful man, but he has rarely allowed himself to see this. Gus opened a whole new door for him. Now if only Rick can talk to Gus without his controlling manager... thank you very much for your thoughts and for your comments!
-
There are many things Zoltan may have said to Gus that might have turned him away from Rick. The man didn't call, but Rick was awfully busy the day of the meeting. Also, Gus lost his phone in Butternut Lake, and probably hasn't had the chance to replace it. Calling Rick would have meant trying to borrow a phone from one of the Takacses - an unlikely proposition - or to use the house landline, which Zoltan is apparently watching carefully. If Zoltan knew of Rita's social media post, he might have told Gus about her possible engagement to Rick, though I agree with you also that Gus would have known better. In any case, the Takacses are now gone, and Gus with them. The sun may have gone behind a cloud in Eagle Lake... thank you for reading and for your response.
-
Rick has discovered that the door to his cage was open all along; and now he feels the sun, and it's good. He is such a nice man, isn't he? And by not gloating, he probably made Rita squirm all the more. You're quite right: he is entitled to gloat. In any event, Rita will be left picking up the shattered remnants of her dream, and by her bitter words, she indicated that this probably isn't the first time. If Willy is trying to get released from his contract and his engagement, I'd expect her to take him and what's left of his family money to the cleaners. I'm glad you liked the Drain Surgeon bit, and the part about Walter's bet. Honestly, I think Walter and his wife were both right: Rick is gay and choosy. Thanks very much for all your comments and help!
-
Thanks very much for your comments. I liked how you put it: he has shed a suffocating skin.... Rick has allowed the sun in and many of the shadows have fled. You noted that Rick didn't gloat. That's just not like him to gloat, though he did show what was (for him) anger at Rita. He has already exploded at Heinrich Senior, so I can only wonder what their next interaction will be like. You're right that Rick (and we) can only speculate about Gus' departure, though it seems reasonable to assume Zoltan orchestrated it. If the impresario is driving, it's doubtful he'd stop to let Gus out at Rick's shop. I'm very glad this chapter makes you want the next one. Again, many thanks for reading and for your thoughts.
-
Gus has helped Rick change since we first met him when the ice was just out of the lake. It would seem that the lodge is empty, and your suggestion that the Takacses and Gus have gone back to Chicago seems plausible. Zoltan must really believe his own line that Rick is a distraction. From Rick's point of view, his boyfriend has disappeared, and the opportunity to confront Zoltan over his unpleasant words and behavior is gone. The old Rick would have accepted this and retreated. But as you observed, this is a new Rick we're dealing with. Thanks again for reading, and for your thoughts.
-
I shall have to let you speculate on how Gus and Rick's story will conclude. Perhaps when it is all done, you can let me know what you predicted. You were very kind to think of this exchange as memorable. Rita did not explain her laughter, yet she found something hilarious - either ironical, bitter, or just plain funny. Thank you for continuing to read and for your thoughts.
-
But for now, darkness broods over the old lodge...
-
Zoltan may not be able to strictly forbid Gus to have any contact with Rick, but he can do his damnedest to make their connection difficult. Zoltan undoubtedly fears that Gus' attachment would slow his recovery, as well putting a dent in his frenetic performance pace. So many appearances must have had to be postponed or cancelled already. You're right that Zoltan probably has plans to keep Rick and Gus apart; the appearance of a savvy lawyer at Gus' side would be a disaster for the impresario. Heinrich's finances are in a state, aren't they? That in itself must be an enormous weight on the old man. How is Senior going to tell Trudy about this calamity? I think you used the perfect word for Willy: Karma. His last hopes for the recovery of his family fortune were dashed. I suspect the Kohlers will be forgotten within a generation. Thanks for your reflections and thoughts - and for hanging on this far into the story!
-
If you are awaiting the next chapter eagerly, then perhaps I've done well. There are lots of things resolving as we thought they might - Jerry remains firmly in Rick's corner, as is his mentor, Walter. Irene has done exactly as Rick thought she would - spread the news more swiftly than social media or anything else in town. I'm cheered that you feel Gus needs Rick, as much as Rick needs him. Thanks a ton for your comments and encouraging thoughts.
-
Rita is chasing something, yet she hasn't yet figured out that it might not be worth it. As you say, self-reflection is not her strong suit. It was fun writing this more confident, more assured Rick. He's still the same guy we love, yet now there's more substance to him. He feels more power to affect what happens around him, and that's something he's lacked for a long, long time. Gus knows something of how to find Rick, and the old Rick might have left matters at that - knowing both that Gus could, if he wanted, reappear. The old Rick would probably think it safer for his heart just to move on, because he wasn't made for love, anyway. But Rick's different now, isn't he? Thanks again for your very kind comments and for reading!
-
You're very kind. Watching (and writing) Rick beginning to shine on his own has been wonderful. Thank you!
-
Gus and Rick have been torn apart. If this were the old Rick, he would have accepted this situation as his justly deserved fate, and tried to rebuild his life, rebuilding the walls that surround his heart. Gus would have resumed his breakneck, grueling work and performance schedule. But since these two met, things haven't been quite the same, have they? Thank you very much for hanging on this far, and for your excellent comments.
