Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    Chapter 8

    Ethan is finally able to let down enough of his guard to let Johnathan in. You’ve shown us Ethan enraged and frightening; you’ve shown him vulnerable and trembling. Soon perhaps we’ll see the real man whom Jonathan loved enough to kiss and care for. Great chapter.
  2. Thank you for reading the first sextet. I reckoned that 30 days in April divides nicely by six, so I started a day early. I’m glad you liked the cat poem; I hoped to evoke scenes of cats I have known. I’m going to work on the next one tonight!
  3. I rather liked certual as a neologism. If reinventing words was good enough for Ogden Nash, I figured it could work for me. I’m glad you liked the three night haiku, too. I’ll be back with more in a few days. Thank you for your thoughts!
  4. Thank you! I enjoyed the first six days.
  5. I’m afraid it was irresistible to try a literal approach to a prompt to start the poem with the words: “this poem.” Thank you very much for looking in on this first installment. There will be more.
  6. Parker Owens

    Sat Down

    Scott isn't going to mention Kenny on the boat - that would be too awkward to try to explain. Graham didn't abandon Scott; that in itself is a huge change in Scott's life. He expected to be abandoned. You're right that the police are not Scott's friends, and Scott is not off the hook. His cooperation may mean a lot to them, but in the end, he will have to face a certain amount of music. You are absolutely right that Scott is in danger, yet Scott thought that danger was worth it to come clean in honor of his promise to Graham. Thanks so very much for reading and for responding!
  7. April 1st April First means the creek is awash with bright-faced, black-booted fishermen; the slate-grey morning sky greets their optimism with laughter reserved for the hopeful, and snow squalls white enough for the fool. April 2nd Moonlight parts the clouds to show the constellations peering at bare trees. Owls call before dawn deep amongst the tall hemlocks recou
  8. Poems Written for National Poetry Writing Month, 2021. I hope you find them enjoyable.
  9. I’m very glad you have begun this story. I hope you enjoy its gentle progress. Thanks for reading!
  10. Parker Owens

    Furioso

    Yes. Just keep things that aren’t, um, chewable, out of the macerator...
  11. Parker Owens

    Communication

    I loved the way you connected Scrooge to Scott. That was awesome. Thank you. No, Graham’s place and Sand River are a long way from Piney Point.
  12. Parker Owens

    Misery

    Scott is alone with his guilt and blame. It hurts, and the abyss begins to look attractive. He wants Graham back again, but that’s not in his control. Thanks for reading, and for your thoughts.
  13. Parker Owens

    Apassionata

    It was fun to think of how to complete this chapter. I'm glad the chickens appealed to you. Thank you!
  14. Parker Owens

    Collared

    Technically, that's the title of the cabin. It's not clear whether Kenny came with the State Police, or if their appearance is coincidental. Whatever the case, you're right: Scott has no reason to feel safe. Thanks for reading and for your comments.
  15. Parker Owens

    Furioso

    Zoltan is living the life of old-fashioned imperious impresario. In Gus, he has an immensely talented performer with a contract that makes Gus work. The grand estate of Cedarcrest must hold possibilities for Zoltan, though we don't know what they are. I doubt it's his retirement home.
  16. Parker Owens

    Dissonance

    I only regret I was so obvious that you could predict what was coming on College Hill, alas. As for Wanda, it appears that if an assertion is made often enough, it will come to seem like inevitable truth. I hope she hadn't made any bets. Thanks for commenting!
  17. This is so vivid, you have me there with you, at your side. I can feel your relief and an care. It's lovely.
  18. Oh, how I love Guaraldi’s touch on the keyboard!
  19. Parker Owens

    Dust

    Your poem makes me feel the need to search, to know what Whitman called The Unknown Region. Its final question seems unknowable.
  20. Parker Owens

    Revealed

    I just want to thank you for saying so succinctly what Scott has done, and what it must mean. I appreciated your response very much.
  21. Parker Owens

    Virtuoso

    I don’t understand it either. It was indeed a terrible thing to do. I expect the guard will have a horrible Monday, though.
  22. Parker Owens

    Virtuoso

    Gus could make life very uncomfortable for several people, security guard, hospital administration, and ICE. He’s probably just as glad the unhappy episode is over, and right now, all he wants is Rick and rest.
  23. Parker Owens

    Furioso

    That you keep little Eagle Lake on your mind makes me very happy. Who knew its doings and characters would become so widely known outside its town limits?
  24. Parker Owens

    Furioso

    Zoltan doesn’t believe it to be slavery, rather more something like repayment with interest. Gus’ frenetic pace reflects both his enormous talent, and Zoltan’s success at marketing it.
  25. Parker Owens

    Furioso

    Pushed to the limits of his patience by one thing after another, Rick finally let Heinrich Senior know where the Rita train stops. Not the fiery eruption some might expect, but vehement and emphatic enough to make the point. Good thing they never replaced the old phone at the shop - those ancient models can still stand a beating. The School Board meeting looms at the end of what has been a dreadful day. Rick will need help and inspiration. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
×
×
  • Create New...