Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    Embers 9

    Well. The Mutts have been working just about nonstop. When reinforcements arrive, Brandon is the first to go sour. What’s going on?
  2. Parker Owens

    Embers 6

    Brandon may discover some inner peace from sharing his story. I love how you are weaving the act of writing poetry into your story.
  3. Parker Owens

    Embers 4

    Far too exciting for one’s first day. Brandon acquitted himself well. Now he’s been accepted, maybe he won’t worry so much about being the stranger.
  4. Parker Owens

    Embers 3

    Jeez. Plenty of training and conversation, lots of good people to get to know. And just like that, the fire burns way out of control.
  5. Parker Owens

    Embers 2

    Though late to the story, I enjoyed this first, difficult chapter
  6. What an awesome chapter. Thanks for a great morning present!
  7. Hello, Mercury! I’m glad you joined. Welcome!
  8. Parker Owens

    Coda

    Thank you for reading Rick’s story. His coming out wasn’t easy, but falling for Gus let him stop thinking and start living.
  9. Parker Owens

    Coda

    Many, many thanks for reading Rick’s story. I’m very glad you enjoyed the tale. Hugs back.
  10. Parker Owens

    Coda

    First, Simon will need to talk to me at greater length...
  11. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    Thanks for joining me. This very morning the winter wren serenaded the world through the mist rising. It was indeed magical. I hope you get a chance to walk in the woods too.
  12. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    I’m very happy you ambled in the forest with me. The birds from the south are just arriving. Thanks for reading.
  13. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    Thank you for coming along on my walk in the woods. It has been cool, but there’s so much to see and sense and hear.
  14. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    I think I’d enjoy that very much. This is my favorite time of year in the woods, perhaps.
  15. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    Thank you for coming along to the woods with me. I’m glad the woods could move you.
  16. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    Thanks for coming along with me on the path through the woods. Chipmunks can be fun to watch - almost as much fun as birds, sometimes.
  17. Parker Owens

    Woodland Walk

    Your writing about Haiku whispered in my head as I filtered through my walks and observations. Thank you for reading these. I’m tickled that the toad caught your fancy.
  18. Late, as is often the case, but I can't help but say, whew to that lovely, hot ending. Matt tried very hard to get Loe to try some new approach to Jay, but he wasn't having any of it. Battling demons indeed. It makes me wonder what Loe is battling, and why distant yearning does more for him than fufilling some of what Jay needs?
  19. New leaves drip at dawn while grey clouds hug the hillsides, disguising the rain. ~~~ One wary chipmunk keeps watch from a mossy log, perched like a furred bird. ~~~ Long-spurred violets bloom amongst the wild onions speckling them with white. ~~~ Catbirds sing off-key, tuning up while awaiting the warblers’ return. ~~~
  20. Parker Owens

    Coda

    Yes, Karma snagged several characters, and that was interesting to write about. Rita may yet return another day; somehow I can hope she might find redemption of a sort. She had plenty of crow to eat, as it is. Marta, away from Zoltan and Magda, has bloomed into far more than her parents wanted. She’s happy. I’m very, very glad you enjoyed the concert, and that its description worked to put you there, sitting next to Rick. Thanks so very much for reading, and for all your comments!
  21. Parker Owens

    Coda

    Simon will surely remember his chance encounter with Rick. Distance from home and childhood will help him too.
  22. Too much madness, indeed. Thanks for sharing this.
  23. Parker Owens

    Coda

    Twenty five chapters? I have ideas, but nothing committed to paper (or its digital equivalent yet). Perhaps Rick and Gus might make another appearance one day, but for now, they have plenty of living on their own I would like to imagine. I'm delighted you enjoyed the cameo visits from CJ, Owen and Chipper. They were fun to imagine. Again, please accept my thanks for reading and for your very kind thoughts.
  24. Parker Owens

    Coda

    Thanks very much for your really kind words. They were awesome to find today. The music for Gus' program may have been eclectic, but I hope you enjoyed listening to some of it, either via the links at the end of the chapter, or through the words in the story. Acoustically, I have no doubt that Gus sounded fantastic in Carnegie Hall, and that Rick must have felt he had the best seat in the house. Marta now has a growing business, and plenty of technical work to keep her interested. She and Jared will be a splendid support for Rick and Gus. Rick and Gus appear to have become accepted fixtures in Eagle Lake. Rick's growth in many areas is notable - even if he still prefers not to drive in the big city. What makes me smile about both men is that they have plenty of living and growing still to do. Thank you very much for reading, and for your wonderful comments.
  25. I enjoyed this chapter. Ritch shows steel and judgement in his approach to the insubordinate cadet with an entitlement issue. And CJ’s appearance at the airport may not turn out to be legendary, but his presentation later might balance his memorable introduction.
×
×
  • Create New...