Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. I walk because my body knows the way before my mind names what hurts. The street is long and ordinary, lined with quiet trees that do not ask for much. Their shadows lie across the pavement like thoughts I choose not to think again. Sadness walks beside me for a while, not speaking, nor resisting, simply there— a presence thinning as the distance grows between the door I closed and where I stand. Loneliness falls back more slowly still. It drags its coat alon
  2. Happy Thursday... this picture is from artist Charlie Mackesy.... i have fallen in love with them...
  3. Oh, the beans and sourdough bread for lunch. With strawberries and pineapple. Happiness, lol
  4. Happy Wednesday! Need to walk the dog today.. wanted beans..so got two cans of navy beans, added onion, tomato sauce, a bit of tomato paste, soy sauce, onion powder and parsley...they taste good. Great plant protein for my lunches, where i do not eat meat or dairy. Also making chicken stock, and roasting a pork shoulder. Dinner will be some of the pork, mashed taters, buttery cabbage, roasted carrots and corn. Did a bit of writing this morning, hope to get some knitting done too. Have a good one, folks!!
  5. oh i don't have the stuff in to make soup... no stock or things to put in it.
  6. It is cold out there today. Walked over to get a haircut because Michael was tired of me looking like a tramp and the wind is horrible. It was a little sunny earlier but it is now gone too. The temperature has dragged itself up to 31F. Michael ordered chicken caesar salad from the kitchen tonight...so i went and got stuff for that too. Not really salad weather, but there we are. i hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday.. i feel like having a nap now. haha
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    It's a fun world and many ways the stories could go. I'm thinking about it. Thanks for reading this one and for your comments and vote for more. 🌹
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    You just knew I'd write a part two, so you're not late at all. I'm glad you enjoyed it. 💖
  9. OH!! Snow flurries.. yipee! Happy Spring
  10. Have a good Monday and please note that it is,
  11. Mikiesboy

    Gone

    i'm sorry
  12. Would you like a regular temperature year round or do you like your seasons? I like autumn, spring, and I'll take winter over summer anytime. Do you wear sunscreen regularly? If i'm going outside, yep. Did you watch any TV or Movies yesterday? Sadly, yes. We were watching Banshee and i should have chosen frontal lobotomy instead. Do you own any old paperbacks or hard cover books still? Yes. My Husband is a WWII history buff, special focus on the Luftwaffe, so lots of those reference books. As well, we have a variety of novels and other nonfiction. Do you ever read them or are you a digital kind of person now? I read both. What is the last book as on paper, did you read? A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and My Effin' Life by Geddy Lee
  13. Sorry to hear about your son and the additional fare. That's awful. And that temp is waaay too hot. Take it easy. xo
  14. Thank you... it's nice and soft and not scratchy. I have enough yarn left to make another.. i may make a less lacy one for me.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I agree about Astro. I'm glad you enjoyed this. That's 3 votes for more, so I'll work on some more. I liked writing this, it was fun.
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks chris. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for your vote for more. I'm glad you didn't miss your class! I'm glad you liked it, Parker xoxo
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Well, i managed to see it before you deleted it. I think you should have left it alone, but maybe you can put it in a blog since you didn't. Glad you enjoyed this little story. xoxo
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks. It was fun to write. xo
  20. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you never had deal with vampires! I'm glad you enjoyed this. Thank you, Michael. xo
  21. Good idea. I will taste it first... it was sort of like apple with some cake.
  22. It's very yummy ice cream.. and the apple spice cake is nearly done. Mmmm.
×
×
  • Create New...