Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Maybe Leo is just a jealous husband. But i like your idea too.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    I'm glad you felt how Lonnie's dad reacted was right. It's difficult to parent, and parenting adults isn't easy either. Thanks for your wonderful comments. 💙
  3. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Argh...I forgot! Chapter 6 ... Wednesday!!
  4. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Thank you, Philippe. I'm glad you like it.
  5. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    I'm not sure that Leo would agree with the saying good things come in 3's. I'm glad that scene was unsettling, it should be. The characters are filled with love, pain, fear and jealousy. They both need and want to go on, but how? What do their futures hold? Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate them very much.
  6. yay... shovelling ... yay. tomorrow.. it's very heavy atm and will continue for about six hours.. i love winter.
  7. i hope not too .. i think i need to put the quilt back on the bed.. we've put it on and taken it off 4 times so far.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Good advice. You sound like Lonnie's dad, which isn't a bad thing. Sadly, Lonnie decides not to pay attention. We shall see what happens.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    I think Ty is on the level too. Somewhere Ty mentions not having any long term relationships and that being in a small northern town, there are not a lot of gay fish in the sea. And he's busy. They should speak with a lawyer. LOL, i have no comment on the last part of your comments.
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    That's the thing about the future, it is unknown for all of us, not including taxes and death. I think Ty was thinking business, but two years assuaged his fears that he was, well, being dishonest. It would appear to have been a real marriage, but hey, some of those have ended in under two months. Not mine, thankfully. LOL. My Husband is still stuck with me. LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. It's one of my favourites.
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Glad you enjoyed this chapter. Never having been one for 2nd parts or things like that... i do have a 2nd part coming for a story i wrote for the last secret author. More about Keve, eh? I will think about it. There needs to be a story, and I'm not sure if he has one. That said, the second part of Changes which was Changes Again, came from a reader's suggestion. So, if you have any ideas, please feel free to make suggestions if you feel like it. Thanks for your thoughts. I will think about it.
  12. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    I don't know, maybe that's true. I'm sure he didn't think same sex marriage would ever be a thing. Ty's lucky it is.
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Lonnie is taking steps to improve his life and future. Maybe it's a bit of an odd thing, but they are not the first. Thanks for your comments, chris.
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    You could be right, Leo may just be in Lonnie's head. I never really decided but i was leaning more to him being real. I also think you're right about Lonnie is moving forward on his own terms. Thanks, Parker.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Thanks, Wayne. Yeah, luckily i'm good with horrible fathers. I considered a sort of flashback scene with daddy dearest but decided he didn't deserve it. I hope for these guys as well. I think Lonnie will be okay with Ty.
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    That made me mad. I mean the audacity. I would have said something much ruder than Lonnie. And i guess it's interesting and again begs the question...is Leo truly a ghost or is he in Lonnie's imagination. Hmm.
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 5

    Thank you, Michael. ox
  18. This is the beginning of the Hitchhiker's Scarf. So named because of the 42 'teeth' it will have. In the book Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "42" is the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything." The pattern is by Martina Behm. I'm using some yarn I got when i took apart a knit blanket that my MIL had for years but did not want. I got about 1600 yards of fine cream coloured wool from it.
  19. Glad everything worked out for you! New meds can really mess you up for a bit. Hope you're feeling better now.
  20. Thanks. It came out really nicely. I should mention it is the Easy Goes It scarf/shawl by Michelle Higgins of Finicky Creations. The pattern is free, and you can find it here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-goes-it
  21. Chapter 5 "What?" I managed to croak. "Marry you? Ty, this meal is our only sort of date. I mean …" I'd run out of words. Ty's gaze hadn't dropped away, which I admired him for. "Lonnie, I know this sounds insane. Shit. It is, but if I'm not legally married by the time I turn thirty-five, which is in six months, I'm gonna lose everything." There were tears in his eyes. The sadness emanated from him. "Why?" I waited for a second, not coming up with any
  22. Okay, Happy Monday. Here is a pic of my latest creation... a scarf knit with the yak yarn. Here, this has been washed and left to dry. It is so soft and not scratchy at all. I'm happy with it. I have enough yarn left to make something else, but it makes a great, soft fabric with excellent drape. I'm very happy.
×
×
  • Create New...