Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    The same to you, chris. I'm sorry, i missed replying to your comment earlier. Thanks for your thoughts. Moving on isn't easy, you 're so right.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Not sure how i managed to not reply to you. I'm sorry. I appreciate you reading this and sharing your thoughts.
  3. Happy Saturday...thanks for reading this. I posted the poems i wrote for the antho today too. Part two of The Scallopini-ed Mayor will post in the next while too, once it's all edited and fixed up. That was fun to write... it may become a little series of supernatural cases. Have a good day, everyone. Thanks again.
  4. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    I agree. There is no right or wrong way. I'm not sure if Lonnie's way is good or not, but we'll find out. Personally, I think he's crazy for opening a new store. Thanks for reading!
  5. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Lonnie's grief was both easy and difficult to write. I appreciate you reading this. I don't know about my range or style. I just write what's in my head at the time. Then i'm grateful that a few of you trust me and read what comes out. So, thank you for that.
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    i often have trouble with tags, i have a hard time finding ones that say what i want to say. You're will hear more from Leo. And that's true, guilt and grief are often siblings. You're right on both counts.
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you for your comments. This story is complete and edited (that's the only way i roll). Next chapter posts on Monday. Lonnie's journey is an interesting one, I think.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    This one of those stories that was a surprise to me as well. I began wanting to write a funny love story, it didn't really end up that way. Thanks for reading.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, Wayne. Waking up each day without that person is hard. Time brings us some peace. I hope Lonnie will find that too. Thanks for reading.
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    You're right, and that crossed my mind as i thought about this story. Lonnie, i think, is trying to outrun it, at the moment.
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, Michael. Grief is that sharp recently chipped off rock, times smooths the jagged edges into that smooth one. xo
  12. The Shape of What Remains Chapter One It was weeks after the funeral, the morning after the will was read. I was sitting at home alone. I was dozing off, but I had the oddest feeling Leo was there. He was saying that I'm strong enough to go on without him. That frustrated me, and I yelled at him, demanding to know how easy would it be for him to get along without me there? "I am getting along without you, Lonnie. I don't like it, but there's no choice, is there?" I turned
  13. Love doesn’t end. Its role changes. Lonnie doesn’t stop loving Leo. He stops trying to live inside that love.
  14. That's super. It's great to hear when good things happen. I nearly broke my neck this morning. Ice. I'm going for a hot shower. Have a good day and be careful out there.
  15. Little vignettes are nice to write when you're working on long things or just wanna write something fun. So, never say never.. hehe
  16. Aw, very sweet. I'm sure they will work it out. But what if dad finds out? Or the jealous princess gets wind of what's going on? She always liked Sir Xan. Are you sure you're finished? Just askin' for a friend.
  17. Here is the cake i made but i changed the oranges to crushed pineapple...we'll see what it comes out like. It may come out like pineapplies, we'll see.. here is the recipe; Healthy Scratch Orange & Pineapple Cake Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 30 mins Ingredients 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour or Whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp Baking powder & 1/2 tsp Baking soda 1/4 tsp Salt 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce (replaces oil) 1 cup Coconut sugar or Stevia blend 2 Large eggs 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain, non-fat) 1 tsp Vanilla extract 1 can (11 oz) Mandarin oranges, undrained (for batter) 1 can (20 oz) Crushed pineapple, drained (for topping) 1 pkg (1 oz) Sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix 1 cup Reduced-fat whipped topping (optional) Instructions Preheat & Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F ( ). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Mix Batter: In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add applesauce, sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and the entire can of mandarin oranges (with juice). Beat until just combined. Bake: Pour into the dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Make Topping: In a bowl, combine drained crushed pineapple, sugar-free pudding mix, and whipped topping. Spread over the cooled cake. Chill: Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Healthy Tips: Reduce Sugar: Using canned pineapple packed in juice (not syrup) and sugar-free pudding mix keeps sugar lower. Replace Oil: Use unsweetened applesauce or Greek yogurt to significantly reduce fat. Fiber Boost: Use whole wheat pastry flour for a lighter texture than regular whole whea
  18. Happy Thursday! Today i am going to make a pineapple orange cake, cuz i want some cake. Michael is 'making' dinner so, i don't have to cook. I made Him his fav spicy noodles and cabbage thing last night. He doesn't know about the cake yet. I hope you all have a wonderful day. 🍰
  19. And they lived happily ever after ... Very nice, Sir Wayne.
  20. Happy Wednesday! Just found out the dog is staying for another week until after his mom's doctor visit. We need to go over and get food for him later. That's fine. He's 13 and has so stiff joints and things but insists on jumping around. He hurts himself when he does that...we try to keep him calm. Crazy mutt. Anyway, have a good day, whatever you're doing. It's gonna be nice here today.. 40f and sunny.
  21. Happy Tuesday ... today, more dog sitting, a walk to the bank for an appointment to sign something, buying some eggs and then hopefully more writing and knitting. Have a good one, folks.
  22. Happy Monday... just looking after the hound, house, and husband.. haha an alliterative day! I've written one short story that may work for the oct antho. i hope to have something longer for that too, as well, i've started on a second part of the Scallopini'd Mayor, which some people asked me for. And the other thing is still being edited, it's me, not my editor. i suppose I should look at the rest of that too. So, all good so far. It's sunny but cold but that's why i have coats. Have a good one folks!!
  23. Happy Sunday and March 1. It's sunny here but icy cold, we are at our high of 18F. Our friend fell last night on her replaced knee and had to go to hospital. We have our fav dog here while she recovers a bit. She called and nothing is broken, just very sore. She's got food in and we'll keep the pup for a few days. Hope you are all doing okay. Happy Sunday.
  24. Baking. I love to bake. Bread is my favourite thing. Whole wheat sandwich, hamburger rolls, challah, and soon I'll be making some hot cross buns. I've made fruit cake, orange cake, chocolate, pineapple, apple spice. You name it. I bake gluten-free stuff for some family members when needed. I love fruit pie, spinach pie, pecan...whatever. Lemon squares, oatmeal bars, apple crisp, peach crisp. Much of this is low sugar and whole grain, as my husband is diabetic and loves dessert. Baking is one of my happy things to do, along with writing, and knitting.
  25. I notice he didn't have the courage to answer me. hahaha Yes, i've been Wayning for a good few years. I sorta don't want to get used to it.
×
×
  • Create New...