Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,507
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Happy Sunday and March 1. It's sunny here but icy cold, we are at our high of 18F. Our friend fell last night on her replaced knee and had to go to hospital. We have our fav dog here while she recovers a bit. She called and nothing is broken, just very sore. She's got food in and we'll keep the pup for a few days. Hope you are all doing okay. Happy Sunday.
  2. Baking. I love to bake. Bread is my favourite thing. Whole wheat sandwich, hamburger rolls, challah, and soon I'll be making some hot cross buns. I've made fruit cake, orange cake, chocolate, pineapple, apple spice. You name it. I bake gluten-free stuff for some family members when needed. I love fruit pie, spinach pie, pecan...whatever. Lemon squares, oatmeal bars, apple crisp, peach crisp. Much of this is low sugar and whole grain, as my husband is diabetic and loves dessert. Baking is one of my happy things to do, along with writing, and knitting.
  3. I notice he didn't have the courage to answer me. hahaha Yes, i've been Wayning for a good few years. I sorta don't want to get used to it.
  4. Why are you laughing @Wayne Gray huh? why?
  5. Aw, you guys are so good to me. lol
  6. tim considers how long he'd get for fraud.... lol 😇
  7. Ah, we have Rona here. There are Home Depots too. I've seen Lowes, but it closed.
  8. See... we're always here to provide help and support.
  9. The City of Toronto Animal Services will seize any 'livestock'.. i'd like to see them try!
  10. Yes, i can always count on you guys for help while my new killing machine is delivered. Luckily, i found this to help me...
  11. i dont know what that is.. but going by the name, they sell tractor supplies and i don't need a tractor. lol
  12. Have you seen the size of those things.. like a freaking freight train. hahaa.. MMB, yeah that's a good name, or maybe Proceeds of Divorce. hahaa
  13. Tomato soup and satisfying noises. A couple of people commented on them... Mac noticed the satisfying clunk, or snick. That was fun.
  14. Oh great, thank you. I'll run out and get some. I'm sure Costco has some..lol hahaha
  15. That's very generous, calling it a process. I suppose I'm just not too serious about it anymore. Sometimes I think I should be. I think being more 'normal' has affected my creativity in some ways. There's always something. But being alive is a more desirable outcome than the other option. Plus, my yak is being delivered today so that's exciting.
  16. Don't hit many potholes on foot.. lol. However, they are a problem, I know. As well as being Friday, it is also: I've managed to finish chapter two of my next story. I watched an interview with Stephen King and George RR Martin. Martin asked King how he writes so fast. King said, I make sure I write 6 pages per day. Martin said, "I've had a good 6 months and written three chapters." Needless to say, I am no Stephen King, George and I are similar...wondering if we have any talent or should we have been plumbers (i don't need a job, but you know what i mean). LOL. Mr. King is well-disciplined and write 6 pages no matter what. I look at the chapter and say, nah. Today i said, you will finish chapter 2. No shopping or looking at cute animals. Write. I did, and I set up an outline for chapter 3. I have no excuses. But i'm superb at making them. Eh, whatever, writing is not my job. Now, I have some shopping to do. Have a good Friday, all. 😁
  17. Orri Scarf, by Lee Meredith as knitted by me. I will make another in wool though i think...
  18. oh my aren't these just amazing.. Year of The Horse mittens by Arne & Carlos...
  19. i won't tell you how long it took me to figure out the why of this. sigh
  20. Oh, Michael said, "If you want the Yak buy the Yak. I mean the yarn not ... I have the best Husband ever.. yak yarn ordered! I can hardly wait. ..
  21. oh my Italian lace sequins arrived ... this Etsy seller has some amazing stuff.. She has Yak yarn. Cashmere, diff silks, linen, mohair, cotton .. Whatever you want. And the prices are good. Because i bought they they gave me a 15% off coupon... i am rubbing my grubby lil paws together now.. LOL hahaha..
  22. I'm afraid to come here some days. It's Wednesday.. just had some nice sourdough and strawberry jam. We had snow, so now i'm going out to shovel it. Soon enough, we'll be whining about the heat. I have finished the scarf/shawl thing i was making, and the first sock is done, gonna cast on the next, i am reading a book called Pachinko by Min Jin Lee and just keeping myself busy. Hope you all have a good day.
  23. It is (after consulting the calendar) Tuesday. Other than my usual stuff, i wrote a bit, have a second poem for the March Antho and I will be making a two day supply of curry today. Dinner for today and tomorrow. It is 3f atm, we'll have a high of 22f. No snow is forecast. Just cold temps. Yeehaw. Have a good one folks.
×
×
  • Create New...