-
Posts
29,504 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Mikiesboy
-
I'm glad you're enjoying this so far and I'm glad you can feel what Lonnie does. Lots of things can happen. Maybe some that shouldn't, we'll see. Next chapter will be on Thursday.
- 40 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
I don't think i'd like driving a giant pickup truck. They are fun to ride in, though. We'll see what happens with Keve. Coffee is a good place to start. Thanks, chris.
- 40 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Lonnie is doing his best to deal with everything... with more to come. Me, I thought it is a bit early to be dating but hey, I'm not Lonnie. Thanks, Wayne.
- 40 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
There we are! Healing is part of this story, for sure.
- 40 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
Honestly, I don't remember where i found that name. Wherever it was, mentioned it could be a first or surname. I like to use surnames as first names sometimes. I see below that Cane says it's Hungarian...
- 40 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
A sapling of hope, what a lovely picture that conjures up. Lonnie is trying..there is no clear path to follow, not really. He's doing his best. Thanks, Parker.
- 40 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
Yeah, i think you're right. I think we do tend to hide, especially now since so many are so judgmental. This story comes from the people who have passed away in my life, my mum, Danny, my father-in-law, my father. I remember a story from a colleague who was grieving the loss of their twin and were being told, basically, it's taking too long. I told her that her grief is her own and as long as she was caring for herself, how she feels is okay. Honestly, i don't think grief ever goes away, not wholly. Loss gets easier, that's all. xo
- 40 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
Chapter 2 The drive up to the family cottage was long but easy. Traffic was light, and I stopped before leaving the city to pick up the things Mom had asked for. I arrived around four o'clock and I once again sat in the truck after shutting down the engine. I needed a minute to wind down before seeing my parents, who are great. They have been solid for me during this most awful period of my life. Sometimes I just wish they’d stop trying so hard. Every silence didn’t need filling.
- 40 comments
-
- 32
-
-
-
-
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I've had some wonderful women in my life, my mom, my mother-in-law, a good friend and my online friend/editor. I don't understand why women are treated differently/badly. Humans seem to have a need to control others, rather than build them up. -
Writing your way. What does that mean? We all have a method, a way of working. That's great—until we start looking at other writers who may be faster, or who we think are better or more talented. Maybe they have more education, a larger vocabulary, or simply more popularity. I recently watched a short clip from an interview between Stephen King and George R.R. Martin. Both are wildly successful writers with excellent books. In the clip, George asks King how he writes so fast. King replies that he writes six pages a day. George responds, “I thought I was doing well when I finished three chapters in six months. Maybe I'm not talented and should have been a plumber.” The other night we watched Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which is based on The Hedge Knight by George R.R. Martin. The show was wonderful—a good story, filled with living characters and rich scenes. And it made me think. It made me a little sad that Martin was comparing himself to someone else. Stephen King and George R.R. Martin are both writers, just like apples and oranges are both fruit—but that doesn’t mean they’re really comparable. They are both talented, but in very different ways, writing very different kinds of stories. Which brings me, inevitably, to myself. I like both authors very much, but I identify more with Martin. I am slow. I cannot write six pages a day just because I think I should. I am plagued with self-doubt and often compare myself to what others are doing. I can't even guess how many times I've said I quit. I also don't write certain kinds of stories—no college boys hanging out, no coming-of-age sexual experiences, very little sex at all. Because of that, a lot of people simply aren't interested in what I write. I know all of this has likely been said before. But I'm saying it because I'm finally starting to understand something. Someone recently said: If what you do works, don't fight it. So I am learning to be okay with the writer I am. If you're a writer who doubts yourself sometimes, I hope you can learn to do the same.
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Well, I don't have to like things you share, it's still interesting. And that is shameful. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I am gonna go prep my chapter for tomorrow.. i need a break from this... Too scary to listen to all of it at once. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thanks for sharing this. I love to hear about what happens elsewhere. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Happy Sunday and International Women's Day...Have a good one! In other news... Well...the alarm went off this morning. Yes, we still have an alarm ... one of us still works and likes schedules. Every day. It was 8:30am.. Except when i went into the kitchen, the clock said 7:30am. I said, what is going on? Did Michael use his early soccer game alarm? Did the time change? Was that today? Sigh.... Turns out it was. I had no idea… i thought it was next week. Surprise, tim. LOL. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sure. After all, if we're all dead, who is gonna say i'm wrong? -
You're kind. There shouldn't be a period after gone. I should learn to reread things... As much as you want your partner to be happy after you're gone, they are not immediately okay. The space that remains is a constant reminder.
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Haha, aw. He's prepared ...lol. I know we say it every year, but enough now. British Colombia just ended DST, Saskatchewan did it in the 60s. Ontario says we need to wait for QC and New York. Why? I'm sick and tired of hearing we need to wait for everyone else. The world ain't gonna end. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It was cool. I've never seen it before. At first it looked like blowing snow, but there was no way that was possible. I'd never seen that before. I hope you get to see it. And i wore my lightest jacket too. It was so warm out. -
This is true. As much as you want your partner to be happy after you're gone. They are not immediately okay, and the space that remains is a constant reminder. Thank you for reading.
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thank you for your reading skills, suggestions and thoughts. You and @kbois helped make this story all that it is. ❤️ -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Went out for a walk this afternoon...and saw something kinda cool. It seems it's called sublimation. Here's the explanation, this occurs when snow or ice turns directly into water vapour (gas) without melting into liquid water first. While usually invisible, under the right conditions, you can see this "vapour" (technically, a mix of very cold air and tiny water droplets) rising from the snowbank, often looking like smoke or steam. I've never seen it before outside, and of course, i did not bring my phone with me. -
Thank you, my friend. I hope you enjoy the rest of this story.
-
Thank you. A writer cannot ask for much more when readers tell you they are moved by something. Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts.
-
You will see more of Leo. Stacy is very sweet and a good friend and we will see more of her too. Thanks, Reader. ❤️
-
Thank you. When Danny died, i couldn't move for days really. I'm not sure how Lonnie finds the will to do anything. But there's more to come. Thank you for reading, Parker. xo
- 32 comments
-
- 11
-
