Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 3

    Stacy tells it like it is, which is good. Sometimes you need to be told things you may not want to hear. Hopefully, Lonnie hears her. Thanks, Parker.
  2. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 3

    You're right. You do not simply stop feeling or thinking about that person. And sometimes you just need to hear that it's okay to feel what you feel. Thanks, drsawzall.
  3. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 3

    Thank you, my friend. Cane's comments are great, you're correct.
  4. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 3

    Yeah, he's not ready. They are telling him to take his time, but Lonnie seems deaf to that.
  5. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 3

    Keve loves a good pump.. since he's a plumber. And Lonnie's life is roller coaster right now...and when he slows down, his real feelings are allowed in. Thanks for your comments, Cane, they are always welcome.
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 3

    Stacy is a good friend. Yeah no spoilers...thanks for reading.. again and again xo
  7. Welcome to @Greg10 Feel free to drop in to chat anytime!
  8. Chapter 3 Two months passed smoothly. During that time, I hired staff for Double L Coffee – West, and the basement washrooms and storage were complete. The necessary pumps had been installed successfully. Things were good. Upstairs, Stacy was managing the new store. She had asked for the move as the new shop was closer to her home. This change gave us the opportunity to promote existing staff and hire new. It worked out wonderfully for everyone. We planned a Grand Opening and inv
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Always. xo
  10. Mikiesboy

    Choice

    nope, it isn't ❤️
  11. Thank you, Anton. People mostly comment on the chapter, I think. I forget this feedback section is here myself. Chapter 2 is up and 3 will post tomorrow (Thursday). I appreciate your comments and i'm glad that you enjoyed it. 💜
  12. Doggo is gone home but will be back on Saturday for an overnight and then the following Friday. I may be on call to go and walk him in the afternoon. Seems his mom cracked her kneecap on the leg with the replacement. She's limping pretty bad and the doc said to stay off it for a month.. and go back in 3 months if it still hurts. geez.
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Yeah, you don't know what has shaped people. Some cry, some cannot, some do so alone. We are so quick to judge and decide. Someone suggested i write about my life...don't worry i'm not going to because i can't. I've written a bit about it through the eyes of others. Spent years in therapy because of it, and people still say i should move on. Pull up my socks, be a man. I'm better than i was, but you simply cannot just forget things altogether, and you cannot forget your pain or those you loved. Time rounds the sharp edges down, support from people who care about you helps if you can lean on them. I think that's the most important thing and often the hardest thing...to reach out for someone's hand. To tell them...say it out loud, that helps the most. Tell the Universe.
  14. Happy Tuesday. Today we will find out if we are keeping the dog a bit longer or he's going home. We are supposed to have some major rain later today and overnight... north of us is supposed to get freezing rain and north of them, snow. I'll take the rain tyvm. I need a salad. So, i'm off to the store to buy stuff. Hope everyone has a great day.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    i love readers comments. I think they shared the truck. I also think that i didn't think of that because, i don't drive (i'd kill myself or someone else) and i'm used to having a single vehicle. Thanks for this comment. It's something to consider for future stories.
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    hunky plumber... sadly all the plumbers i've met are not so hunky, but Lonnie deserves one. And i often think, after a loved one passes, the expectation by many is to not talk about them again. How awful. I cannot imagine never speaking of people i loved. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Philippe. 💛
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    i watch Holmes on Homes reruns on YouTube... while i love Mike, my fav is Frank the electrician.. i heard he passed away, sadly. Lonnie's parents, yeah. Lots more of them to come too. Love the helicopter thing. LOL I'm glad you like it ... life is like that, right. Good and bad all in the mix.
  18. Best of luck, Gary. I know you can do it.
  19. Thanks. I've been having conversations with myself in writing about whatever i'm writing. It seems to help. LOL I'm glad you're able to make some time to write.
  20. Thanks, Gary. I'm not interested in writing children in a sexual way. I've written some sex scenes, but i find it challenging to do and sort of weird. I hope your latest story is coming along, and you're happy with it.
  21. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Time is a great healer, you're right. It's hard, though. 🧡
  22. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Yes, Lonnie's grief seems to be controlling him at the moment. He's making some impulsive choices right now. To me, he was a man trying to cling on to reality, but not doing so in perhaps the best way. Thank you for your wonderful comments.
  23. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    This part.. and the next with Keve were weird to write... hopefully i'll remember to explain further. Or you can remind me if you want to know.
  24. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Honestly, do not remember where i dug up this name. I use a number of places for names, like baby names, fantasy name generator, movie credits...But thanks for your info, always good to know.
×
×
  • Create New...