Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,521
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Welcome to the Drop-in Centre empath. You joined, so you automatically have friends—no 'making' required! Feel free to chat with us any time you feel up to it. Regarding your post, we all miss things and see them once we post our work, no matter how much we review and edit. It's just the nature of our brains. Little things don't bother me, but no paragraphs, capitals, or proper punctuation bother me. Those are not just accidents. They are careless. I know you were asking Tim, but I also chose to reply.
  2. That happens to all of us. That said, we are amateurs, meaning we do what we do for the love of it. Amateur comes from the Latin amator, ‘lover,’ from amare, ‘to love.’ I've said this before, but my favourite quote about this word comes from a film called A Christmas Without Snow. The scene is the choir master, Ephraim, who is dealing with who will get the solo. One woman, an opera-like soprano, is angry because she wasn't offered the part...she called the choir amateurs.... Ephraim Adams: Mrs. Burns is right, of course; you are amateurs, unlike certain pseudo-professionals like myself who insist on slave wages. Your voluntary and steadfast attendance at these rehearsals fully qualifies you for any definition of the word "amateur." What Mrs. Burns and many others are wrong about is the meaning of the word, which has to do with motivation, not quality. Remember "amo, amat, amas", the Latin verb "to love". The meaning of "amateur" is "he or she who does a thing for the love of it." There is no higher reason for singing than the love of doing it. In that respect, you do qualify as amateurs. And I salute you for it.
  3. Rants are allowed! Mmm, yes, I agree with you. Many authors here don't care about editing or getting their work as 'right' as possible. These authors are praised and begged for more. Why would they want to change?
  4. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, Bill W., for your kind and thoughtful comments. Depression is rather like having a wolf for a pet; you never know how long it's going to stop trying to eat you.
  5. Merry Christmas, my friends. May the Day bring you peace and love.
  6. Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts and words. I'm still not feeling the greatest. They don't really know why my kidneys are like they are. It can be a bad diet, medications, bad luck, or many other reasons. If you eat a lot of processed foods and soda and stuff like that, do yourself and your kidneys a favour and stop. Ask your doctor for a blood test to check your kidney function. You can be kinder to your body by watching your diet, exercising, and keeping your weight and BP normal.
  7. I hope you're all okay. I am, but I am not. I was quite ill and ended up having to have blood tests which came back to tell me some news I didn't want about a disease I didn't want to have. It was a silent one and not related to the illness. I know no one wants that news. So, I have Chronic Kidney Disease on top of my other things. More diet changes are needed, and i think a trip to a dietician is in order since i in no way need to lose the 4 lbs I've lost since last Friday. The diet is a delicate balance of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and stuff. The first few days were difficult, but I will figure it out. I'm not sure what's going to happen. I feel rather weird and not myself at all, so that's where I am.
  8. Told ya. ❤️
  9. not today brrr ... happy Friday!! Don't kick the messenger and well, it's a good psych trick, smiling and bringing your own sunshine!
  10. It's a shame some people don't know this and never learn it. Too many people never grow up.
  11. This is beautiful in its duality. There is so much here, and it's so very well done.
  12. Just 270? You can do better! 🤣and in your spare time, write more. Seriously, I wish I had your energy. I'm always grateful and happy to have you as a reader, and I think it's great that you're also writing.
  13. Mikiesboy

    The Journey Back

    Thank you, Reader. I appreciate you following my work❣️
  14. Mikiesboy

    The Journey Back

    You hang in there too, my friend. It's your time now. ❤️
  15. Mikiesboy

    The Journey Back

    Thank you, Parker. I love what you wrote about the final stanza and the feelings it brought to you. ❤️
  16. Mikiesboy

    The Journey Back

    Thank you, chris.
  17. Mikiesboy

    The Journey Back

    Thanks, k. ❤️
  18. Mikiesboy

    The Journey Back

    Thanks, molly. Hang in there.. ❤️ 🌹
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thanks very much, Cassie! Thank you for reading!
  20. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, Gary. I hope you're doing well and this black dog stays asleep in the corner. All the best.
  21. The answer to your question is yes, and personally, if I drank, I'd add ice and then bourbon. Your friend is right too. It's always about the work, the journey, not the destination.
×
×
  • Create New...