Jump to content

spyke

Members
  • Posts

    2,562
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spyke

  1. I don't go out in ice at all for the same reason that I don't get on a motorcycle; bones break easier at my age and then surgery is usually involved. Our biggest headache with ice is loosing power. Oh and @Sherye, OUCH, OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!! Just reading that made me hurt! LOL
  2. We have the best snow in the south! Everything shuts down and then it's usually gone in 2-3 days, so no need to shovel. Now ice is a different story. That said, it is more likely than not that we'll be running the A/C at Christmas.
  3. Does the university have a policy on mask wearing? If so, then they should be handling this. I'm of the opinion that masks aren't a political statement and the right to personal freedom ends when my right to life is put at risk through no fault of my own.
  4. It's a tough order to try and "train" people in respect and courtesy. Either they have it or they don't. A good while back at my regular doctors office, I was waiting when a lady came in asking to see the doctor. She had fallen and hit the back of her head and there was a good deal of blood present. When she turned away from the receptionist, the receptionist saw what had happened and jumped up and came running to the waiting room. They got the lady into the back and then a few minutes later, the nurse came out to apologize to me about the wait. I told her that there was no apology needed and to go help the lady. A few minutes after that, my doctor passed by and waved at me and mouthed "I'm sorry for the delay." When I did get back everyone kept apologizing for making me wait and I kept telling them that it was OK and they didn't need to apologize because the lady needed their immediate help and I was fine. That's the difference right there. It couldn't be more clear. My regular doctor and his staff are amazing and I'm lucky to have found them. That's the level of treatment and respect that everyone deserves.
  5. You're talented. Me--I have no artistic talents whatsoever. Zero, zip, nada.
  6. Good evening everyone. So I went to a regularly scheduled appointment with my gastroenterologist (doctor) this afternoon. When I say regularly scheduled, I see this doctor at least twice a year and this appointment was booked 6 months ago. They've peppered me with reminder e-mails and text messages for the past two weeks reminding me to arrive 15 minutes early, bring my meds, etc. I arrive 20 minutes early and the waiting room is packed. We do have social distancing going on, but still, the waiting room is crowded. I get checked in and take a seat and I wait. And I keep waiting and waiting, and waiting. The entire waiting room winds up going back and there sits me and one lady. Meanwhile, there are only 2 people who come out from the back, and they weren't there when I arrived. 40 minutes after my appointment was supposed to begin and a full hour after I arrived, I got up and left. This isn't the first time this has happened to me with this doctor, but it's going to be the last. He and I are going to have a conversation about his scheduling problems and how his office is being run. I've also had to repeatedly call his office because on numerous occasions they've forgotten to schedule a routine test that I also take twice a year. Somehow, they've got the idea that his time and life are more valuable and important than mine and that's simply not the case and I intend to let him know that. Thanks for listening to me rant. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
  7. Here in NC it's usually the woman and they just fling the clothes onto the front lawn for the whole world to see. Normally indicates that someone got caught with their pants down and they weren't using the restroom. Better yet if you live in a 2 story house and it's a breezy day. Those clothes can really travel! LOL
  8. Shot of whisky would probably do the trick. On second thought, make it two shots just to be sure. 😉
  9. Either he was bound and determined to get some use out of his Halloween costume, or he was getting ready to go to Wal Mart. 🤣 My vote is on Wal Mart.
  10. I'd be willing to give it a try. If your parents ever gave you yellow Triaminic cough syrup as a child, pickle juice wouldn't present a problem. LOL
  11. Never knew that. You learn something new (particularly in here) everyday. Thanks @Sherye
  12. Nash Cushman appears to have the idyllic life. Married to a successful lawyer, the home in the suburbs, a great job, world travel, and welcomed by all, it seems that he's found his happily ever after. But you know what they say about appearances. When his life takes a hard left turn, his friend Penn steps up to the plate to help him out. Nash goes through plenty of changes until he finally opens his eyes and sees what's been right in front of him for a long time. But in typical Mrsgnomie fashion, it's never smooth sailing. Laughter, drama, a meddlesome family, misunderstandings, and some smart ass but well meaning kids fill this story and it will be hard to take a break once you've started reading. Thanks so much Mrsgnomie for writing this!!
  13. Like @kbois said, take whatever time you need to get tim's and your story right. We'll be here waiting. I've planted the seed for a future story, so my job is done. LOL
  14. That was pretty incredible @Wayne Gray! What an amazing story and talent. This is just hollering STORY PROMPT, and it's so in line with your talents. Start dreaming and get busy writing. This is too good for you to pass up.
  15. Things are bad in the U.S. too, but it's been made so political that many aren't taking the virus seriously--some in my own extended family included. I fear that is going to change drastically in the near future. I've been cautious and done my best to stay away from people and situations that could put me at risk. I live alone, so that's not been too difficult to do. I knew at the beginning of this pandemic that this would be an 18-24 month deal. It's pretty amazing that we're so close to a vaccine in such a short period of time. People just need to be patient and protect themselves and others.
  16. Welcome to the DiC @Sherye. Stay tuned because you're in for a fun and bumpy ride! I fully expect @Wayne Gray to make an appearance soon since @Mikiesboy @Reader1810 and @kbois have prodded him. Kind of akin to the sleeping bear thing. LOL.
  17. You missed out a word! Could have been much, much worse. @Mrsgnomie could have gone all Twitter and said 280 CHARACTERS each.
  18. Happy Friday everyone! I hope that the rain has stopped and that you're beginning to dry out if you had to deal with Eta or whatever the hell that was. @Kitt inadvertently made me giggle with the ABS blurb. Many years ago, my mother lost control of her car during a rainstorm and wound up going sideways into a ditch and taking out a highway sign in the process. She was fine but the whole right rear quarter panel of the car was tore up pretty bad. Anyway, we were discussing the accident a few days later, and she looks me right in the face and says "those anti-lock brakes aren't worth a damn!" I started snickering and i managed to say "they don't work when you're going sideways." She couldn't leave it alone and she said "I'd have been alright if that sign hadn't been in the way." Well that did me in and I started laughing in earnest. Obviously, she wasn't amused. Years later she did finally find the humor in what she had said. She's been gone for many years and I still miss her. Thanks for sparking a wonderful memory for me @Kitt I hope that everyone has a great day.
  19. Good for you. This isn't rocket science and they deserved all of your fury. Their behavior is shameful.
  20. @Mikiesboy I wholeheartedly agree with both of them, but I'm going to add to what @kbois said. I think that it takes an amazing person to lay their soul bare for the whole world to view. You've done that here with your writings. You've given the world access to some very private details of your life, and that took a tremendous amount of courage. I certainly am not that brave. Don't equate greatness with fame tim. You didn't play it safe when you put pen to paper, so that makes you pretty damn great in my book.
  21. It is and it has. Thank you for taking the time to write it and to share it here on GA. I for one am very appreciative.
  22. I've heard that one before from a lot of guys. Rarely is is true. LMAO I couldn't resist @Mrsgnomie🤣
  23. Well it took a while, but Nash finally stepped up to the plate and put Penn first! It was good to see that they're building trust between one another with the way the both handled and then discussed Lee and Jason. Great chapter @Mrsgnomie!
  24. spyke

    Chapter 2

    Or maybe he's going to instill some of his thugs in the house to run roughshod over the neighborhood and shake the neighbors down for money or possibly use the house to distribute drugs. What ever he is plotting, it isn't going to be good. @Mark Arbour is so good at getting his readers to wonder and speculate. 🤣
×
×
  • Create New...