-
Posts
7,901 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Wayne Gray
-
You're welcome. And yeah, we all just want someone to tell us "I've been there, right where you are. And now I'm here, and I'm okay. You will be too."
-
Thanks, Carlos. I too have elements of a community pulling and circling the wagons around our own. People just being helpful and caring, and empathetic. That's stuff I love to read and write too. Your work is on my list to read. What do you recommend, knowing that I like this feel-good stuff? I mean, I know you love writing romance, so it'll probably all be good, right? 😈
-
You're welcome, tim. It made me happy.
-
Hahahaha ... okay. So there's no way to answer without giving things away. All I can reply with is: I am happy you are thinking and wondering, and formulating theories. I know. Pretty much a total cop-out.
-
Definitely a mole somewhere. Now that Harris's team is compromised, there may not be a way for him to do much. I guess we'll see! Why would they dump so much money in a tiny 8,000 population town? Weird! It's almost as if it's just one cog in a huge, complex machine of lies and deceit! And yes - if Luca didn't know Corbin was Family before, he definitely knows now, simply from the etiquette Corbin followed. Though Corbin fears Luca finding out about his turncoat ways. That is not looked upon kindly among other Family.
-
Well, Harris isn't feeling very reliable right now either, so you may be on to something. 😯
-
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/03/group-strangers-shopping-bookstore-suicidal-gay-man-called-shop/#disqus_thread If you want a feel-good story that will probably make you cry, then click the link. I really needed something like this when I came out. I didn't get it, and it was a very rough time. Maybe I'll write about it at some point, but not right now - I want to function for the rest of the day.
-
If I ever wanna stir up anything I'm gonna go into the DiC and drop: "I'm thinking of an instant pot, but I'm not sure. Can someone help me decide? What can I make with one?" Then just sit back and watch.
-
YES! I was just thinking that I liked the last one the best. I think that's something so many of us do, we hide our body ashamed of it for one reason or another. Or frightened of another person's reaction - maybe even the reaction of someone we love. These are great, tim. Nicely done.
-
I love quick pickles, and the longer variety as well. Have you ever had preserved lemons? They're packed in salt and used like you'd use capers. Lemony, salty, and delicious. The weird thing is you don't use the "meat" of the lemon. Once they're preserved, you use your thumbs, and slough off everything off of the rind. Chop up the rind, and enjoy it. They're great. I just got my husband to make us some. They're sitting on our kitchen counter, visible, taunting me, because they're not yet ready.
-
politics Deconstructing Gender Culture
Wayne Gray commented on Thorn Wilde's blog entry in The Fantastic Mr. Wilde
I grew up in Kentucky. Consider this - I never knew an out gay person. Never. But, I had this societal knowledge that being gay was wrong. Jokes, derisive remarks, conversations all served to drum this thought into me. I'm certain the same thing happens with gender. I've made myself notice. At first, it was so pervasive that it was hard to. But once I began I started to see it everywhere. I see the looks women throw me when I walk by them on the street and it happens to be dark out. I see them cross the street simply to feel safer. During meetings, I watch men parrot the great ideas women have and take credit for them. But, there are people who get it. That's who I look toward - those who try and those who care. Happy Women's Day. -
Enjoy it! And yeah, Corbin seems to be dropping anchor in Hailey!
- 26 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Ohhhhh ... I think you'll find there are enough unknowns in the story. 😄
- 37 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Hahahaha. Yes indeed! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the work! 🙂 Thanks for writing!
-
Corbin spent almost all of his life mired in the culture of a crime family. It's terribly difficult for him to break that mold. So if he can avoid it, he'll never "rat out" the Family in Hailey. That is unless he feels that he has no choice at all (like what happened with his own Family). Thanks for writing. 🙂
- 37 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
I suppose that time will tell, eh? 🙂
-
Harris is definitely clever but so is the wiley Stefano! So at this point, it's a battle of the minds between those two. Both have resources beyond themselves, so that's not the deciding factor. Instead, it's all about how well they can play the game. There's only Corbin's life (and now probably Paul's too!) hanging in the balance! Chickens! Yes, he'll get 15-20 eggs a day from a flock that big so long as it remains healthy. So he'll be giving them away, or selling them. He knows at least one fellow who likes them! Thanks for commenting!
-
Heyyyy ... my comment didn't drop! Damn it. I was super witty and everything. Oh well. Thank you for commenting. These favors work on a tit for tat basis. If Luca is powerful, then his giving access to both himself and his place of business is quite a boon. Corbin has no idea if that's the case, but he can see that Luca commands at least a force of a dozen people. And it's unlikely for a capo to reveal all of his cards ... Geese! Good idea. We used to have some on our farm. Mean, noisy, but very good for the garden.
- 37 comments
-
- 10
-
-
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Hello, DiC! It's Thursday. My body is nice and sore from gym time, but at least my major muscle groups are not cramping today. I've got writing planned for my weekend, and I'm living for Friday afternoon. One more cup of coffee, and I'll be ready to finish out this day. 🍮 I hope you are all doing well. -
Harris is pretty damn smart. But, Stefano seems to be as well. So we'll see!
- 26 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Thursday morning arrived, and Corbin woke to his alarm groggy and tired. He had trouble sleeping and grumbled as he stood. 'Paul has ruined me. After a grand total of two nights, I miss his furry body in bed against me.' Now that he was a partner at the shop he would work five days a week again, which was the reason he was up at five a.m. He staggered through the house and started a pot of water on the stove. He planned to wait until he got to the coffee shop to get his dose of caffeine, but
- 37 comments
-
- 103
-
-
-
-
-
Corbin does assume so. And Paul's actions DO shift a bit. So maybe our tall, burly lumberjack is a softie after all. Corbin's cock is getting a workout, even if it's just him doing the work. Bruce certainly seemed willing though, so we'll have to see where things end up there. 🙂 Karen is a fun character. She was entertaining to write, and for me to get into her head. Ooooo... so many theories about Mr. Corbin! Good. 🙂
- 43 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Maybe Corbin will get a chance to repay him. And in Idaho, a chainsaw is definitely a good thing to have. I've dealt with the green wood and fire thing quite a bit. Most of the time because I didn't have a choice, you burn what ya got. Corbin is definitely used to being independent. I wonder if anybody will worm his way into his heart? I too remember that age. And Corbin is just rocking with those thoughts, desires, and emotions all at once. More to come on that front. 🙂 Chapter three is there and ready for you. BUT ... are you ready for CHAPTER THREE?!!?! By the way, thanks for the feedback!
- 31 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
This is really sweet. 🙂 We often don't know what it is that we've lost until we've found it again. We become numb to absence after a while. Then we're reminded when we don't have to pave over that hole where someone used to be.
-
The Drop in Centre
Wayne Gray replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
My right glute is currently trying to cramp itself into the volume of a softball. Just thought I'd share (while I'm laying on the floor of my office with my knee pulled up to my chest in an attempt to stretch the bitch out). That's how my day is going! lol
